Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Had my first MMA fight

Quote Originally Posted by Akhilleus
    ...all I had was my bathing suit cause I thought maybe the hotel we stayed at would have a hot tub...
    Roflmao! You should've put on some swimming goggles and cap and made it your cool wrestling persona! Aquaman!

Big props for filling in last minute and fighting. Well done.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

GJ. Never turn down a chance to have alittle fun. Who cares if your in swimming trunks.

-WIll

you got taken down to the floor by a lowly MMA fighter? Lord, your kung fu is weak and fake

hey, congrats on having the intestinal fortitude to DO IT... the only loser is the guy sitting outside the ring talking about how "he'd have dun it bettah"

that's great!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I wouldn't have done that. I would have won it by ...

Just kidding. Good on you for getting in the ring and putting it on the line.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Good work, mate - great effort. Now go massage that shin!

Train Smart, Train Hard & Enjoy Every Minute Of It.

Kung Fu & Personal Training: ABActive.com

Agree with eveyone, well done for getting in the ring. MMA is hardcore
    '"4 ounces deflect 1000 pounds" represents a skill potential, if you stand in front of a 1000 pound charging bull and apply four ounces of deflection, well, you get the picture..' - Tai Chi Bob

"My car has a lot of parts in there that I don't know about, don't know what they're called, haven't seen them and wouldn't know what they were if someone pointed them out to me .... doesn't mean they're not in there." - Evolution Fist

good on ya!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Thumbs up

awsome, that must have been exciting.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Nice going man. It takes some guts to hop in the ring with no notice. The other guy was probably training specifically for this fight for weeks.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

You know I'm proud of yah bro, and happy you finally got the opportunity to try it out.

Very classy not mentioning the large weight advantage that guy had on you.

yer gonna be at least as big a monster in mma as you were in kuoshu.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Wait, you weren't even scheduled for that fight? You just took it on the spot?

****. That's hardcore!
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Congratulations. Nice job on the fill-in; sounds like you did respectably.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Thank you my friends for all of the support...you guys are the best...next time I fight I will write "martial.best.vwh.net.forum" on my back (better start doing more pull-ups)...thanks coach Ross...that means a lot...

HTML Code:
    Roflmao! You should've put on some swimming goggles and cap and made it your cool wrestling persona! Aquaman!
    LOL...yeah Aquaman would be better than Merman (from He-Man)...right?

But taking a fight on short notice has one benefit...it saves you at least a week of stress...I guess I fought based on the principle that "The show must go on", fans came to see a fight, and I know how hard these guys train so I didn't want some dude to do all that and then miss his fight cause his opponent was a no-show...but next time I fight I will be more ready than ever...I'm starting training next week...
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

Did you learn anything specific fighting this guy?

-Will

d@mn - awesome job dude!
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter