Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone been to Bullshido?

Bullshido, although well intended, is not perfect in its mission. It is not unbiased. It is not immune to propaganda. And sitting in judgement are some people that are not qualified to do so. Mob rules?
    Hear, hear!
    When one of them stutters, mass dyslexia follows!
    I value KFO for what it is.
    I don't need any help working out what's relevant thanks.

Now don't you Bullshido people have some TKD Black Belts to save?
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by SifuAbel
    OMG, some body got a DNA sample from the burnt carcass of the last dead horse, separated the live cells, cloned another horse, watched it grow, let it come to maturity and then
    PROCEEDED TO BEAT IT TO DEATH , AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun
    "There ARE a couple posters over there who do WC who are fully respected. All you really have to do is show up to a throwdown and spar and then no one will really give a rat's a$$ what style you do anymore but will deal with you as an individual instead." (omarthefish)

SHOW UP WHERE?

What place(s) are you talking about?

And when/how often do they have their events?
    Look Here:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31

And just to be extra clear about what it is NOT....

A throwdown is not a fight club.
    A throwdown is not a challenge match.

A throwdown is a generally friendly get together. It is a chance to clear up misunderstandings but more importantly, it is a place to SHOW what you mean. The level of contact is up to the participants. Like Sifu Able said, most of them, from what I've seen, are pretty mild. If both partners agree then full MMA type sparring may happen. So what I was saying in my last post is that it's a chance to get judged on you own ability/attitude/toughness/etc rather than the rep of your style or your ability to talk the talk online. . . for better or for worse.

So in the case of a style like WC which has a terrible reputation these days, instead of crying, "Yeah but we're different. ...", you can show them and typicallly there is video. But be prepared to find out that you were wrong. You may get a wake up call....or maybe some BJJ "nutrider" will. It's up to you.

MANY of the biggest "haters" are people like me who honestly wish someone would show them really good WC/Taiji/Fukien Dog Boxing/fill in the blank.

Anyways, just check the forum I linked for an event in your area or start a new thread asking if anyone in your area is interested. It's pretty informal.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM
    I think Bullshido brings that on itself.
    I've noted a lot of Bullshido stalwarts visiting other boards just to preach the gospel.
    It's not so much what is said, but the manner.

It's ironic that Bullshido members feel they are getting raw delt, when they don't respect other boards when they come a calling.

I think you'll find a fair few senior members here, are also long term members of Bullshido.

There are exceptions to every rule of course.
    Actually what usually happens is pple go to other boards and bad mouth Bullshido. Bullshido members show up and the fun begins.

For some reason a lot of pple feel threatened by Bullshido. What it really comes down to is they hate having their belief systems blatantly shattered.

I know Bullshido isn't a perfect site and it has its share of trolls, children, and other things that plaque any forum but someone has to tell pple that "jump kick will stop a grappler trying to take you down"* is a ******* train of thought.

In any case the good one's are coming out of the woodwork...a lot of them are still a-holes though.
    I think you are a crybaby and a little ***** but nice to have you around anyways! Now MAN UP!

Now don't you Bullshido people have some TKD Black Belts to save?
    Nah my current focus is whipping Bullshido members into shape. Anyone in the UK want a butt whoopping I fly into Stanstead this Friday.

*actual comment by a Bullshido basher trying to show his superior*snicker* MA knowledge and skill.
    Last edited by Asia; 02-28-2005 at 02:57 AM.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

aw.....did da big bad bullshido boys hurt your feelings.....

There there. It's ok.. you're safe here. KFO promises not to make fun of your silly slapfighting style.
    LMFAO! That's exactly what I was thinking. If you can't take the heat stay the fukk out the kitchen.

Also, don't think because those guys have supreme mouth-fu that they can't hand most internet warriors there asses all bundled up nice and pretty like. Some of those cats are lean, mean, killing machines...
    Last edited by CaptinPickAxe; 02-28-2005 at 05:51 AM.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

CPt....aren't you in San Antonio? Did you ever train at Phongsavane's MT gym?
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Asia
    Actually what usually happens is pple go to other boards and bad mouth Bullshido. Bullshido members show up and the fun begins.
    OK, THAT is a stupid comment, as I'm loaded with URL's indicating the opposite.

For some reason a lot of pple feel threatened by Bullshido. What it really comes down to is they hate having their belief systems blatantly shattered.
    That's a misconception driven by the mass hysterical cultism on Bullshido.
    Wake up, you ain't converting any sinners today.

I know Bullshido isn't a perfect site and it has its share of trolls, children, and other things that plaque any forum but someone has to tell pple that "jump kick will stop a grappler trying to take you down"* is a ******* train of thought.
    Sure they do. IMy ears really perk up, and the message flies home straight and true when that message is supported by expletives, bad grammer and bad manners.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by SifuAbel
    OMG, some body got a DNA sample from the burnt carcass of the last dead horse, separated the live cells, cloned another horse, watched it grow, let it come to maturity and then
    PROCEEDED TO BEAT IT TO DEATH , AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Are you talking about School of the Shadowfist? If so, no. I saw their tournament at the asian new years festival. It was interesting to say the least. I also used to know his brother, his name was pronounce "Prey"... very nice man.

I trained Shuai Chiao with Sifu Kirk Woller, a black belt under Master John Wang. Very realistic and hard training. I was spiked into the the ground for 2 hours twice a week...

I miss it dearly.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

BTW...

Have you seen Asia's sparring vids? I don't like to ride the steeze, but the dudes got skill.

Asia=Pummlebot 9000xp

I'd like to find some Baji...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

hey hows it going kids

bullshido is an evil place
    but there is a kid there that is very cool
    he is called Xeamus
    that dont post much but he is very awesome

OK, THAT is a stupid comment, as I'm loaded with URL's indicating the opposite.
    By all means post them because I have many that prove my point. The recent SHAOLINWOLF site is a prime example.

That's a misconception driven by the mass hysterical cultism on Bullshido.
    Uhm RIIIIIIIIGHT!

Wake up, you ain't converting any sinners today.
    REPENT HEATHEN!!!!
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

omarthefish:

Tried the link you provided to the bullshido throwdown.

But it says...

"FORBIDDEN - You don't have access to the forum from this servor."

What's up with that?

You have to copy and paste it Vic....it's there. They want me to go to one to "prove my claims" or whatever....what claims I made I'm still not sure....
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by CaptinPickAxe
    BTW...

Have you seen Asia's sparring vids? I don't like to ride the steeze, but the dudes got skill.

Asia=Pummlebot 9000xp

I'd like to find some Baji...
    No I haven't seen those vids...where do I see them at?

Phet is a good guy as well...I trained with him years ago before I went into the military. Still friends with him now and drop by his gym occasionally. His brother Prey goes to my (workout) gym. His tournaments have much to be desired, but it's good to get the guys in the ring though. I heard they sent some fighters up to NY recently...not sure what the outcome was though.

I think Phet may have mentioned your sifu...he said a chinese shiua jiao guy came in and talked about his school studying all the ranges of fighting...but then that was the last he heard of them. Had left some cards though. Probably your guy. Wheres the school at?
    Last edited by SAAMAG; 02-28-2005 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SanSoo Student
    Tournament is not an effective way of measure street-readiness of an art, as you can get unlucky on the street. From my past experiences, bar fights, street brawls end in around 2-5 hits if one of the people are serious. Things like takedowns, maiming of the face, hitting the throat will end the fight rather quickly. a thing like aikido, chin na, shuai chiao (traditional leverage arts), I would say are more effective than BJJ or modern wrestling. Traditional arts in "real" situations f**k people up, the don't send them tumbling with you on the ground: you uproot them and then violent launch them. When you use a takedown from shuai chiao, you control and send them flying out of your zone of power. How do they land?....usually on concrete, hard wooden floors hurting their spine, cracking heads, breaking necks. That is why traditional arts teach you how to fall first, because in reall life you don't get back up again with a cracked head.
    well said i think. and i have to agree on some points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Bullshido has its moments, but like this forum, or any other, you have to wade through the crap to reach a few gems. I have found that because it labels itself as a forum for uncovering the crap in martial arts, it tends to provoke aggressive attitudes and some real morons get attracted to that sort of behaviour.