Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Clinch

hmmm, shaolin does long, medium, and short range techniques. there are a couple ways out of the clinch that were shown in sifu ross's dvd. and there are other chin na ways too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

ways out? of course there are, and many ways are ON the dvd in fact, but ducking is the #1 way NOT TO get out of the double neck tie and the reason is pretty clear on my DVD for example. How are you gonna uppercut when I've wrapped up both of your arms???
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    OK, for a third time I am not saying that you should not train in a clinch, I am saying that if a clinch can be avoided it should be
    Why?

and that I question the logic of martial arts that DELIBERATELY SEEK THE CLINCH IMMEDIATELY at the start of combat.
    I question the logic of spending all your time training to avoid something that is far easier to enter than it is to avoid, rather than training to take advantage of that fact.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Ya, and what are the limitations imposed on your "fighting style" by the clinch? If anything you gain the opporatunity to directly control and manipulate the opponent as opposed to only indirect control offered by having no contact and trying to "be in and out."

strike!

Our latest ezine offering - please share!

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    One of my Kung Fu instructors would always say "foot work will possibly be involved" for streetfighting. He emphasized all sorts of foot attacks, like stomps, especially for the smaller students...