Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Supersize me

Hybrid View

OT: Supersize me

So, I finally saw this. Have to say the folks who are talking about how awful corporate america is and McDonalds, etc, are missing the real commentary.

Seems to me, the documentary was really a commentary on American lifestyle habits.

If I ate McD's three times a day and limited my exercise, I'd get fat too...

So the show is really about how fat people eat badly and don't exercise.

Screw corporate responsibility on this one.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Perhaps both messages are important to the film, that's what I got from it.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

We must blame corporate America for our troubles or we have to admit the problem is us.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

The problem definately rests on the shoulders of the people. However, it is the corporations who provide and abuse the weakness that are also to blame. I mean really, we blame drug dealers and give them worse sentences than the users. And how many drug dealers would say they want their clients to die?
    A unique snowflake

At one time, it was said: "eat **** and die."

That wasn't a suggestion, it was a warning.

If you're too stupid to understand bad food = bad health, you deserve what comes.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Well said Vash.

Corp. America can't be blamed for fast food. People want it and are willing to spend the almighty dollar on it. If people didn't want fast food it wouldn't exist. It's a matter of supply and demand. The world's economy exists on it. If everyone completely 100% boycotted McDonalds for 6 months it would fold up and die, but it'll never happen.

-Will

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm
    The problem definately rests on the shoulders of the people. However, it is the corporations who provide and abuse the weakness that are also to blame. I mean really, we blame drug dealers and give them worse sentences than the users. And how many drug dealers would say they want their clients to die?
    this concluded the discussion
    thanx, Palm

only the ball licking **** ridding **** eating right wingers were not capable of realising this

a simple exemple so that your weak minds controlled by the right wing can begin to understand:
    i decide to sell LEMONADE.
    i start the BUKKAKE-DO LEMONADE CORPORATIONS
    now, this LEMONADE that tastes really GOOD.
    Ok, lets say im selling my LEMONADE with some RAT POISON on it, what can i do, its part of the recipe for my AWESOME LEMONADE.
    Cos it tastes good a lot of people will buy it, get sick and die.
    They dont stop buying, cos it tastes GOOD
    SO WHAT YOU RIGHT WINGERS ARE SAYING IS ITS NOT MY FAULT AND ITS NOT MY CORPORATIONS FAULT THAT I SELL THIS SUPER SICKENING GOOD TASTING JUICE?
    OH WHAT THE ****, OF ****ING COURSE ITS MY FAULT FOR SELLING CRAP
    YOU MOTHER ****ERS
    ARE YOU ****ING BLIND

btw, it wasnt my corporation that made you blind, i just sell lemonade, your blindness is not my problem, go mind your own bussiness.

sweet, now substitute LEMONADE for CRACK
    whats wrong with CRACK
    CRACK feels GOOD
    If i sell CRACK its NOT MY FAULT THAT THE KIDS BUY IT AND ****ING DIE
    They have their own choice not buy afterall!!
    YEAH RIGHT YOU MOTHER ****ERS
    OF COURSE ITS MY FAULT, IM SELLING THE SHYT!!

OF COURSE ITS MY FAULT, IM SELLING THE SHYT!!
    MoreMisfortune needs a lesson in how a non-command economy works.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster
    So, I finally saw this. Have to say the folks who are talking about how awful corporate america is and McDonalds, etc, are missing the real commentary.

Seems to me, the documentary was really a commentary on American lifestyle habits.

If I ate McD's three times a day and limited my exercise, I'd get fat too...

So the show is really about how fat people eat badly and don't exercise.

Screw corporate responsibility on this one.
    I agree for the most part.

If there wasn't a demand for this crap food, the industry wouldn't be growing like it is still.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

If they didn't force their way into high school and jr high cafeterias, if they didn't add appetite enhancers to their food, if they didn't target kids below the age 5 with their advertising you guys might have a point.

Not all fast food companies are bad. Chick-Fil-A is good example of a company that practices what it preaches.

McDonald's is by far the worst.

They lie about their food content. French Fries are cooked in Beef Tallow; yet, they market them as vegetarian and even Vegan friendly. They were almost chased out of India when nosy reporters started reporting that their fries were cooked in Beef Tallow, even though their literature specifically stated they used 100% vegetable oil. McDonald's did an about face and quickly refitted all of their Indian restaurants AFTER the media ran the story.

They pretty much control the beef and potato industry, which are unregulated. The FDA has no control over beef recalls. The packagers, backed by McDonald's money, lobbies consistently and spends lots and lots of money in Washington to keep the industry unregulated. McDonald's will only force a recall when the media is alerted to the fact that tainted beef has been traced to one of their distributors.

That meat is later packaged and resold to the lowest bidder, which, by the way, is the Public School System.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

That meat is later packaged and resold to the lowest bidder, which, by the way, is the Public School System.
    No wonder I was always a hungry child....

got to love public schools.....

which by the way is where the gf works.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    If they didn't force their way into high school and jr high cafeterias, if they didn't add appetite enhancers to their food, if they didn't target kids below the age 5 with their advertising you guys might have a point.

Not all fast food companies are bad. Chick-Fil-A is good example of a company that practices what it preaches.

McDonald's is by far the worst.
    All the more reason for no one to go to McDonalds. K-mart sucked, nobody went there now look what's happening to them. People just need to have the same perception of McDonalds. If the general public did, they would go under. They are already in trouble as it is.

-Will

my only question to you guys is:

Have you tasted the mcgriddle.......
    practice wu de

They pretty much control the beef and potato industry, which are unregulated.
    uh, I think you are wrong about this. All foods are pretty strongly regulated in the US by the Food and Drug admin and by similar bodies in other countries.

The murky part would be in the actual preparation of the food, but it should be good when it gets there.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen
    make.

How many people complain about MacDonalds and still eat there?
    Well, I don't eat there. Wendys gets my very occasional fast food dollars. Very occasionally KFC and Harveys. Never McDonalds.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.