Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Would you have helped in this situation? (vid)

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist
    Iron Body? Iron Body doesn't protect your jaw. Actually, it really only protects you in carefully designed stage demonstrations where a) you're allowed to warm up and "focus your chi," and b) the physics of the stunt are just right.
    you must be from an korean or japanese initial ma history. all the old guys i know of utilize something you cannot concieve to reduce the damage to thier bodies from attack. even with knives. the training includes qiqong and repetitive increasing abuse to your epidermis: something bread-n-butter schools won't do.

as part of the training i was required to increase my heat resistance by submerging my fore arms in 240 degree brine for ten to fifteen minutes. after i could do that without sweating until the fifteenth minute we moved over to the deep frier.

Tai Yim once asked me,"Why do all the southern guys have restaurants? do they just like to eat a lot?"
    my reply: "it affords us unique opportunities for training."
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 03-11-2005 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YuanZhideDiZhen
    you must be from an korean or japanese initial ma history. all the old guys i know of utilize something you cannot concieve to reduce the damage to thier bodies from attack. even with knives. the training includes qiqong and repetitive increasing abuse to your epidermis: something bread-n-butter schools won't do.

as part of the training i was required to increase my heat resistance by submerging my fore arms in 240 degree brine for ten to fifteen minutes. after i could do that without sweating until the fifteenth minute we moved over to the deep frier.

Tai Yim once asked me,"Why do all the southern guys have restaurants? do they just like to eat a lot?"
    my reply: "it affords us unique opportunities for training."
    Let's see a photo of you with your arms in the deep fat fryer then.
    Train Smart, Train Hard & Enjoy Every Minute Of It.

Kung Fu & Personal Training: ABActive.com

Yeah, I'll be waiting on that picture too. Just like I'm still waiting on that lazy
    HedgeHodge to post his stinking video that will never see the light of day.

-Will
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lung
    Let's see a photo of you with your arms in the deep fat fryer then.
    i was unable to do my arms in the deep fryer, just my hands and only at 315 degrees fharenheit for about 45 seconds. the skin on my wrists was too thin to allow submersion: it cooked to quikly. it wa smore a matter of qi training and coincided with winter training of cold showers outside in the chilly dark night.

besides, who ever has a camera handy when they're doing crazy stunts? ever take a picture of yourself doing something at a masters level? who are you trying to prove anything to? i'm not trying to prove to you anything: just sharing some experience in training methods that are *unusual*. and not intended for bread-and-butter martial artists or people who have low esteem of others in general or lack of belief in the mind's ability to overcome physical hardship.

why don't you pay someone to supervise your study in CMA instead of wasting your time brow beating someone with different experiences than you?
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 03-12-2005 at 01:49 AM.

So you immersed your hands in a deep fat fryer, with fat at a temperature of 315 F? As part of a training routine? What condition were your hands in when you took them out?
    Train Smart, Train Hard & Enjoy Every Minute Of It.

Kung Fu & Personal Training: ABActive.com

"Mmmmm, tastes like chicken..."
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Quote Originally Posted by YuanZhideDiZhen
    besides, who ever has a camera handy when they're doing crazy stunts? ever take a picture of yourself doing something at a masters level? who are you trying to prove anything to? i'm not trying to prove to you anything: just sharing some experience in training methods that are *unusual*.
    There's a difference between a "crazy stunt" and training methods, even training methods that might be unusual.

-Will

Christ almighty, that guy's a big fat ass. Kick his frigging knee caps with the heel of your foot and watch him go down faster than an unwanted pregnancy on prom night. Then slap his girlfriend with the pimp slap and put her on the street and work her.
    I have a signature.

Hmmmm. It was kinda close quarters. Maybe slam into him so you're too close for him to put any power behind his punches (head right against his chest), then grab his balls and squeeze 'til his eyes pop outta his head. And I gotta agree with Philbert on the proper action to be taken with the spittin'n punchin', loud-mouthin' beeyotch.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Quote Originally Posted by PHILBERT
    Then slap his girlfriend with the pimp slap and put her on the street and work her.
    You mean its an actual specific technique?
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Never pi$$ fat people off when they're hungry!!
    ________
    Corvette C5
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stubbs
    Never pi$$ fat people off when they're hungry!!
    Aren't they always?
    I have a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by dezhen2001
    You mean its an actual specific technique?
    Yeah, it's like a backfist with an open hand. You just need a glove with, "PIMP" written on the backside to make it complete.

-Will

Quote Originally Posted by wdl
    Yeah, it's like a backfist with an open hand. You just need a glove with, "PIMP" written on the backside to make it complete.
    I thought thats where the "ice" came in - a huuge ring with pimp written on it? But i guess if you looked like that down and out pimp in that other clip you would have to make do with the hand
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Quote Originally Posted by dezhen2001
    I thought thats where the "ice" came in - a huuge ring with pimp written on it? But i guess if you looked like that down and out pimp in that other clip you would have to make do with the hand
    I swear that had to be the most unpimp pimp I've ever seen.

-Will