Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Would you have helped in this situation? (vid)

Quote Originally Posted by PHILBERT
    Aren't they always?
    No but when we are doom follows those who stand between us and our meals!

(Of course the funny thing is that three years ago when I weighed twice what I do now I would never have participated in a fat joke. )
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

No, I don't know if I'd have helped, but yes; very very probably. I have been in similar situations in the past and dived in with a choice opener and less-premeditated follow-ups.

Quite apart from the idea of helping someone else which has been my motivation in the past (and so what if he used the N word? So what if he's an *******? That's no excuse to inflict that much damage... in fact how is laying into him like that gonna stand any chance of changing the guy's racist PoV?), simply selfishness would be my main spur... there's no way I'd be standing around, risking being the next victim in a small room like that with no way to the door! The adrenaline would be too much, and as the assualt was in front of the only exit, the fight-flight response could have only gone to fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by YuanZhideDiZhen
    you must be from an korean or japanese initial ma history. all the old guys i know of utilize something you cannot concieve to reduce the damage to thier bodies from attack. even with knives. the training includes qiqong and repetitive increasing abuse to your epidermis: something bread-n-butter schools won't do.

as part of the training i was required to increase my heat resistance by submerging my fore arms in 240 degree brine for ten to fifteen minutes. after i could do that without sweating until the fifteenth minute we moved over to the deep frier.

Tai Yim once asked me,"Why do all the southern guys have restaurants? do they just like to eat a lot?"
    my reply: "it affords us unique opportunities for training."
    Again, let's see these guys fight in NHB. Oh wait, that's right. They don't want to. They have nothing to prove. If such a skill existed pro NHB fighers would pay thousands of dollars to have it. Hell, I would pay thousands of dollars to have it and I'm not even a pro NHB fighter. Oh wait, the masters would never teach for money.

Why is it that everytime someone has an awesome skill they will never demonstrate it for anyone? EVER. Is it because they can't really do it? Hmm...
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

how much do you have to pay for training? would you relocate? or would you pay for my relocation?

yeah, the training can be had for a price. I'll teach you if you want.

I don't fight in tournaments because i have been prohibited from tournament fighting by Tai Yim and Chan Pui who sponsor the major international kung fu wushu tournaments. the gracies, who sponsor ufc, won't allow anyone from my teacher's style in thier ring.

how much do you have to pay for training? would you relocate? or would you pay for my relocation?

yeah, the training can be had for a price. I'll teach you if you want.

I don't fight in tournaments because i have been prohibited from tournament fighting by Tai Yim and Chan Pui who sponsor the major international kung fu wushu tournaments. the gracies, who sponsor ufc, won't allow anyone from my teacher's style in thier ring.
    This is going down the typical path that was seen from the beginning.

"No one will let me fight in their tournaments because they will loose or I will hurt them, etc, etc."

Maybe they won't let you in the ring because as you put it yourself, you do "crazy stunts".

-Will
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman

how do you figure?

Do you have some proof of these claims?
    Train Smart, Train Hard & Enjoy Every Minute Of It.

Kung Fu & Personal Training: ABActive.com

someone sure seems hungry
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.