Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you have helped in this situation? (vid)

Would you have helped in this situation? (vid)

Here

jlkfdjlkfdjlkfas

^ message too short.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

your linkfu is new level suckage tonight ironfist....

that things a streamer, just send the page.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I don't get it. One guy is in the queue and calls to say he'll be a while for his pizza, then some chick starts going off at him? Why?

And yeah, I'd have stepped in. That guy was out of it after that first punch, which in itself was completely uncalled for. I would definitely have prevented the continuing assault.
    Train Smart, Train Hard & Enjoy Every Minute Of It.

Kung Fu & Personal Training: ABActive.com

That's just not kosher. Guess he's no longer an ex-con.

-Will

Guys...I did some background research on this...I will post the details soon...but for now here is another clip with sound and shows a little bit more of the altercation...

http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-531.htm
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

Basically this clip makes me very angry...based on their actions, the attacker and his girlfriend do not appear to be human but some other form of animal...but the second clip shows the victim yell in the woman's face as well...I'm not sure what he said but he certainly did not deserve what he got...the guy who came out from behind the counter and then ran back behind it is, of course, a coward...there were enough men there to restrain the attacker until the police game...its not like one person would have to fight him, they could have all just tried to hold him down...the whole thing is very sad....what isn't sad, is that the attacker got 4 years...Ithe woman got six months but could go back for several more years...the victim has filed a $25,000 civil lawsuit...

the woman claimed the man insulted her with a racial slur, though witnesses did not confirm this...the attacker claimed he was afraid that the man would hit the woman...

Works Cited

1. yahoo! news
    Last edited by Akhilleus; 02-27-2005 at 11:19 PM.
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

if i had a bat i would help. my moves arent that good to take out someone that big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

He was definitely a big man and that first hit was just devastating. I don't have audio so I couldn't hear any of it (if there was any audio) but it seemed kind of uncalled for. Surely some of those guys standing there watching it all could have tried to help.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

What would I do? Well I would have been afraid...very afraid...but before push came to shove I believe I would have put my hands up in a non-threatening manner and tried to cool off the parties involved...maybe offered to pay for their pizza...once the crap hit the fan I would have jumped on the big dude's back and encouraged others to help me restrain him...I think the pain of getting my butt kicked severely would be a lot more bearable than knowing I didn't do anything...I think it's good to talk about what we would do in such situations so that if they arise we will be ready...and protecting others is a big part of most martial arts training...

That guy is too big for someone like me to take out - i wouldnt even talk myself up enough to pretend i would have done "anything". I have some first aid training though, so i could and would probably have done what i could afterwards until proper medical assistance arrived.

That kinda thing freaks me out - im amazed at how de-sensitized the other onlookers were to what was going on

We need someone like Sevenstar to be hanging out in the line for the pizza then maybe something could have happened

Alright .. that ticks me off. We live in such a selfish world. Sure that guy was big .. but he was slow. And even if he wasn't slow, with that many guys there they could have stopped him after the first hit. Then when the banshee he was with started getting all hissy they could have slapped her to the ground. She was the cause of it all. The cell phone guy ignored her far longer than I would have.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

I'm surprised that no one stepped in. Stepping in doesn't always mean getting hit or fighting with the attacker.... it's just a matter of telling someone that "he's had enough". Especially with more than one person standing there, it would have been fairly easy to step in and say "Stop, I'm calling the cops"

In NY, I saw a very similar situation, in a pizza place (ironically), with someone about the same size against someone even smaller. The owner of the pizza place called the cops immidiately and people eating there stepped in to pull the man getting beaten away... probably because the attacker looked to big and threatening to restrain. And this was over someone grabbing the wrong slice of pizza off the counter. Luckily no one was injured.

i'd've done nothing to interfere.

it wasn't my business.

if i got involved even to restrain the attacker i could've been charged with assault by the cops for involving myself in someone else's disute. so if you're going to allow yourself to get charged for attacking someone not only are you stuping to the attacker's level but you'll go to jail too. so if you get involved like a vigilante do it all the way: knock some fat around the man's belt, make his kidneys bleed, split his sternum and keep him from reproducing!

your rights to self defense do not include the defense of others. the cops get ****ed if *you* do *thier* job.
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 02-28-2005 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YuanZhideDiZhen
    if i got involved even to restrain the attacker i could've been charged with assault by the cops for involving myself in someone else's disute.
    Actually if you had laid your hands on the attacker that would have been battery, (the act of unconsented touching) had he seen you making this move towards him it would have also been assault(the fear of unconsented touching). The defense to either of these is defense of self or others, which is using force sufficient to repeal, including deadly force.

i'd've done nothing to interfere.

it wasn't my business.
    And yes it is your business if you claim to be a martial artist. Why do you train? Just so you can practice web fu and train for the octagon?

so if you're going to allow yourself to get charged for attacking someone not only are you stuping to the attacker's level but you'll go to jail too. so if you get involved like a vigilante do it all the way: knock some fat around the man's belt, make his kidneys bleed, split his sternum and keep him from reproducing!

your rights to self defense do not include the defense of others. the cops get ****ed if *you* do *thier* job.
    Stooping to their level? You are protecting someone from being hurt from an attacker. That is not stooping to their level. It isn't a vigilante act. A vigilante act would be hunting the guy down after the fact. In this case you would be protecting an innocent person from taking a beating.

And yes your 'right to self defense' does include others.

Edit: I just got a notice that you have posted to this as I am re-editing my post. Our postings may not match up now.
    Last edited by themeecer; 02-28-2005 at 01:42 AM.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

in Ky that may be so, but, generally, laws change from state to state. in most new england states self defense is for *SELF* defense. in southern states where good samaritan laws exist it is as you say. but northern residents in southern states still have the right to have you prosecuted for violating thier rights to thier own protection. as soon as you involve yourself in someone else's defense you are liable to both parties for damages sustained regaurdless of the level of your battery.

i once observed an irs tax agent slug it out with an fbi candidate. an unarmed security punk thrust his body between the two and got hit by both parties. when the cops showed they blamed the security guard for not letting them finish it. the kid had to assume responsibility for thier injuries as they claimed had he not gotten involved they would not have gotten injured. that occured in a good samaritan state.