Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Would you have helped in this situation? (vid)

Quote Originally Posted by joedoe
    I was just watching to see how you would go against three punks
    Youwouldn't have been much help anyway, standing there with a pie in each hand.
    It just seems to me that as a society we are forgetting about humanity and compassion. We are turning into a pack of animals who live solely by the law of survival. We are supposed to be better than this.
    Exactly. Do unto others, etc.
    Train Smart, Train Hard & Enjoy Every Minute Of It.

Kung Fu & Personal Training: ABActive.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lung
    Youwouldn't have been much help anyway, standing there with a pie in each hand. Exactly. Do unto others, etc.
    Yeah, well I dropped both of them because I was laughing too hard watching you try to be tough
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Two dropped pies, one each side of you? That would have seemed like seeing triple.

red, eat my shorts and put some makeup on that coat hanger scar on your forehead for god's sake, your scaring the kids ya goof.

I'll shut up when you shoot yourself. deal?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Red5 and Kung Luk:

the banter is too cute. both of you girls have fairly developed opinions reinforced by fairly informed experiences of your selves and those in your own ghettoes.

red5 has a fairly well developed history on this forum of just itching to rip people's stitching or prove she can if given the opportunity.

Kung's style seems best supported by the safety provided by the monitor. if you guys want, i'll try to get the two of you in an ISKA saturday night special....

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lung
    Two dropped pies, one each side of you? That would have seemed like seeing triple.

How come nothing like that happens when i meet up with you guys
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

I'll shut up when you shoot yourself. deal?

just leave the politics out of the threads it doesn't need to be in ok? Is that so hard for you to get through your thick skull? No one on this board agrees with half the crap you're saying so why continute to bring it up?

Yuan, what is the ISKA?

I already offered to take KL and Fu Pow in a tag team event (I'm not convinced they are different people). NP offered to ref, all I need is to hear KFM will cough up the ninja outfit - with proper MAM product placement - and away we go.

Red5:

i think i remember that series of bitten tounges....

The International Sport Kickboxing Association was founded in 1999-2000 (that's when i was asked to join) or thereabouts after Chan Pui down-moded his tournament to an in house kumite type tournament. ( it should be noted the chan has reupped his tournament to a public access international tournament since '02) a number of CLF sifus got together to cosponsor it. most of whom were chan's students but they asked me as well. any of our students or people we sponsor/reccommend can enter but we as the principles cannot: that's to prevent the old rivalries from surviving our masters by eliminating the possibility of settling old scores in the ring. the current yaerly top folks are goju and shotokan based with some clf proper and wc and kim na. it's basically a ufc type but thickly padded striking surfaces on the gloves are mandatory. you can still have kim na gloves as long as the pads covering the fingers and back of the palm are substantial enough to reduce the frequency of critical injuries. fortuneately no one has been stretchered out yet. the kids in thier early twenties are averaging around 370 pounds of force per full tilt roundhouse punch (that's close to 450 ft/lbs, about the same as a .357 magnum!)

the average student there uses about 9 different techniques: the winners usually use 11 or 12. in most kickboxing type events the participants only use 8 different techniques.

i don't have any students right now otherwise we'd be there annually....
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 03-03-2005 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dezhen2001
    How come nothing like that happens when i meet up with you guys
    Hint: I wasn't really there
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

buit still... you actually dropping 2 pies is a lot more shocking than Mo Lung being hit on by 3 guys
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Quote Originally Posted by red5angel

Actually Ironfist, this is where your MMA programming has gone awry. While a lot of the more fantastic iron body demos are certainly staged, I consider iron body training just a way of conditioning the body to take shots. It's a matter of muscle control and pain tolerance.
    And breath cotrol and conscious control of bio-feedback - thus the efficacy of some of thge Qigong forms for improving Iron Body in conjunction with other activities.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dezhen2001
    buit still... you actually dropping 2 pies is a lot more shocking than Mo Lung being hit on by 3 guys
    LOL.

(7, 8, 9, 10)

I already offered to take KL and Fu Pow in a tag team event (I'm not convinced they are different people). NP offered to ref, all I need is to hear KFM will cough up the ninja outfit - with proper MAM product placement - and away we go.
    I'm going to have nightmares about those images tonight...
    '"4 ounces deflect 1000 pounds" represents a skill potential, if you stand in front of a 1000 pound charging bull and apply four ounces of deflection, well, you get the picture..' - Tai Chi Bob

"My car has a lot of parts in there that I don't know about, don't know what they're called, haven't seen them and wouldn't know what they were if someone pointed them out to me .... doesn't mean they're not in there." - Evolution Fist

I already offered to take KL and Fu Pow in a tag team event
    sorry dude, even though you do shave your runway, I'm still into girls.

Besides, I could do without a murder rap in my life.
    Kung Fu is good for you.