Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HBD Gene Ching

HBD Gene Ching

Does Martial Arts Mart sell party favors?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

41 years young. happy birthday gene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

have lots of ninjettes and cake
    and beer.
    hope you have fun gene hbd.

HBD.

Dang, 41 years. That's alot. I mean, that's 20 more than me. And I feel old some times.

But, you go to exotic erotic shows, so your Shaolin Kung Fu must be strong indeed.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

HBD Gene!

Here's to another year of creative MartialArtsMart product tie-ins on your posts.

cheers, and have a great day!
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

Thanks guys!

On the way to work today, there was a big bunch of colorufl balloons caught in a bush right by my house. Very auspicious. My desk had two hilarious psychotic letters - one we couldn't understand at all and another to a GM we covered in the magazine last year. That one was 'hate' mail - 'you fraud!' kind of stuff. I love the mail we get. It often makes my day. It has put me in a profound reflective and entertained mood so far.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thumbs up

Happy B-day!

Thanks a million for doing a fabulous job in articles in Mag and forum.

Young people are in the forefront of carrying on the torch and passing on generations old traditions of physical culture in the New World.

That reminds me of my middle-aging.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    My desk had two hilarious psychotic letters - one we couldn't understand at all

That one was probably from BL...

HBD man.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Happy Birthday! Your older than me! Nyahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Happy birthday Gene. And thanks for the tolerance for vulgar folks such as myself.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Way to harsh my buzz, SevenStar

We have a lot of interesting mail all the time, actually. I've got two full files of interesting mail, and about to expand to a third. After an incident involving a dirty hypodermic sent to us from a UK insane asylum, the postmaster general and police told us how to document.

ewallace: If we couldn't handle a little vulgarity, how far could we get in the martial arts, eh?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Our tornado kicks would fucking suck.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Smile

Happy Birthday, Gene Ching.

Although new to the forum, I've enjoyed reading your many kung fu magazine and e-zine articles for a while now. Hope your birthday is all that you desire.

Of course, Buddhist and Taoist principles might object to that last bit. So let's amend that to: Hope your birthday is.

Happy B'day Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by NeuroGrrrl
    Happy Birthday, Gene Ching.
    Although new to the forum, I've enjoyed reading your many kung fu magazine and e-zine articles for a while now. Hope your birthday is all that you desire.
    NeuroGrrrl, welcome.

Where do you train in Tn?

-Will

Where do I train:

Bei Shaolin Kung Fu Institute

http://www.memphiskungfu.com/

but I've only been here for a few months.

I used to train here, in AL, before moving to TN.

http://simplesite.fergusonsystems.co...fault.asp?ID=2

Two Verrrrrry different schools. At Blue Dragon, Sifu would first teach you the ten internal adjustments. (He actually numbered them one through ten.) So for example, 4 was a meditation on breathing from tan tien. 6 was meditating on the feel of the air around you, etc. From there on, any drill or form he taught would be practiced by doing the form while concentrating on whichever internal adjustment he specified. At the end of a class, my brain was far more tired than my body.

At Bei Shaolin where I train now, the first thing you learn is palm/fist/fingertip/and back-of-the-wrist pushups, among other calisthenics which occupy the first half of every class. The first couple of weeks were really tough, but after getting through them and more, I realize that I haven't been in this good shape since high school. Also we spar here, which is entirely new to me. (No sparring at the former school.) So here, my body is far more tired than my brain.

Naturally, I feel that both internal and external aspect of kung-fu should be trained, so I'm trying to apply the principles of the first school into my training at the present school. If my brain and body are equally tired, then I've finally gotten a good workout, right?