Thread: Pizza Bash video: What exactly would you have done?

Pizza Bash video: What exactly would you have done?

In this situation? Has anyone here delt with a person of such great size? A kick to the legs? A palm to the forhead? What would you have done if the guy on the cellphone was you? What would you have done if you were in there just ordering a pizza? Discuss

http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-531.htm

Nothing he could do after he got hit but he should have been more aware of his surroundings, then aware to move away from the crazy woman.

Paul

A. I wouldn't have mouthed off like a Jacka55.

B. I would have TRIED to fight back, at least.

C. I wouldn't have complained that no one helped me cash checks that my mouth was writing.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by mossman
    In this situation? Has anyone here delt with a person of such great size? A kick to the legs? A palm to the forhead? What would you have done if the guy on the cellphone was you? What would you have done if you were in there just ordering a pizza? Discuss

Twice i have faced guys that big maybe even taller , the first guy was a bouncer at a club and one of my girlfriends , friends was drunk and acting up she was a tiny girl and this monster of a man was pushing her waaaay to hard so i jumped in

, i was mouthing off at him and he snatched my skinny a$$ up by the neck with one huge basket ball palming hand and held me there giving a the nasty grill look

i kept running off at the mouth , [ with what little air i had left in my lungs ]

he must got bored put me down and told me to get out

now this was way before i trained but would not have made a diff this man was from antoerh planet

other dude was a ex pro boxer [ one of hollyfields sparring partners ] he was kind enough to let me work my wing chun stuff on him a few times a week for about 2 years , one time i remember i was getting to him with my speed [ could never really hurt this man he was 6'7'' or so 340 pounds ,
    well he simple picked me up by the shoulders and shock me like a child !
    now at this time i was a very fit 200 pounds !

so what would i have done , probably opened my big ghetto mouth and got a nap and my phone jacked just like that Dude
    Last edited by Ernie; 03-01-2005 at 08:51 AM.
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Quote Originally Posted by mossman
    In this situation?

Has anyone here delt with a person of such great size? A kick to the legs? A palm to the forhead? What would you have done if the guy on the cellphone was you?

What would you have done if you were in there just ordering a pizza? Discuss

instead of thinking alots of IF,

appology and let other go first if one accidentally cut others line when others acknowledge it. just be nice and dont do anything one doesnt want other to do to oneself.

why standing there cutting in and challanging/bullying that lady?

why attract all the unnecessary via thinking one has a big gun or can get away from playing bad a$$?

just be nice, let others has thier right, and give a little up, how difficult is to do that?

why even train in martial art and learn about fighting just to provoke unnecessary situation and found out one got beat up because who has the big muscle who win? while a little courtesy will do the job of not wasting physical energy?

if I am the person infront of that cell phone guy, i just have to trading place with the lady -- i stand back and problem solve.

OSU!
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-01-2005 at 09:16 AM.

the "what ifs" are endless. the biggest thing that concerns me about the video is how know one else helped one bit until the couple leaves. now i can't say anything about what happened off camera (maybe someone was calling the cops) but on camera people just turned around or walked out. that is very sad.

going to the beginning though, the cell phone user seems to have said something derogatory. definitely something to upset the woman. if he hadn't said anything, the situation probably wouldn't have happened. i think this is the most important issue.

as for the immediate situation/fight... awareness was totally lacking. the guy on the phone let them get too close. how are you going to see anything coming if you can't see past their teeth. don't pull a gun if you aren't ready to use it! meaning he shouldn't have slammed the phone down and turned unless he was leading with a punch. the big guy didn't swing until the little(r) guy was backing down(dropped his head).

totally goes back to taking care of your surrounding and not creating bad karma.

I like your point Hendrick and I believe that having the type of attitude will help you avoid many confrontations like that. In this case the guy probably didn't deserve such a beating but it sure looked like he could have avoided it if he had a better attitude.
    I just wanted to point out that sometimes having a non-confromtational attitude is not enough. Sometimes it is good to look at a video like that and imagine that you are in that situation even though you havent done anything wrong. In which case the guy above gave some good points. For example, dont look away or turn your head to one side when things are heating up. I would add that it would also be a good idea to put your hands up defensively which clearly shows you dont want trouble but also keeps a distance between you and the other person while giving you a better chance of defending yourself as your hands are already up.

There was a link to a fight clip webpage where a lady waiting for the elevator was brutally beaten (quite possibly to death by the look of it). This attack was totally unprovoked. So just having the right attitude is obviously not enough. I thought the clip was aweful but at least it made me think hard about ways to better your odds.

what i would've done

I would've ordered the new pizza hut 3 dip pizza...

Quote Originally Posted by edward
    I would've ordered the new pizza hut 3 dip pizza...
    Finally, a sensible answer. That works. Both of the combatants in the clip should've been given a BMI rating at the door and referred to the salad bar.

An alert paramecium could've put up a better defense than the victim.
    Chronos

"Time enough for...."