Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eagle Claw Question

Ngok Fei

Your right, the three finger is used, but not much by the northern styles.

If you fancy stopping down south of England for a few days and visitng our school and exchanging some stuff that will be fine with me. Don't need any seminars just come visit some eagle claw relatives so to speak

Your talking 2006 right ?

regards

Wong Ying

P.s might even give you that package by hand :-)
    Kune Belay Sau

schools with the U.S.A.¶are simplifier (mixed);..Il is necessary to go to China to find the origins of this style.
    I have to study during 15 years, my Master was a also technical director for this style in the movies (eagles claw, pready deadly fury, kids from shaolin...)… les schools inU.S.A. are very poor…

Truffy

Truffy, your talking balony, china is one place to learn eagle claw, so is hong kong, taiwan usa europe , england etc.

You wont know till you go an meet the people, so what if your teacher taught eagle claw to the movies, so did my sisok, taiwan and hong kong so no big deal ok !
    Kune Belay Sau

Finding an Eagle Claw Instructor is much easier now then say 10 years ago.

It was long thought that high level Eagle Claw instruction could not be found in China but as I've been finding out this is totally not the case.

You just have to have the right connections and now with the internet its easier then ever.

I'll plug this site:

www.freewebs.com/eagle-claw/

I believe it has the most indepth direction of Eagle Claw practitioners in the world.

(still any updates and inclusions would be most desired

WONG YING

check out the site I've made additions (any comments or insights)?

NgokFei

Hey , how's you.?

Site looks good we do need more pics up there applications, concepts etc I think that would be good. Definately need a domain name though

I see you might be in England at some point ??

Kick your ass if you dont come visit :-)
    Kune Belay Sau

Eagle Claw Kung fu(ying jow pai faan jin)

Hello iam studing Leung Shum's Eagle Claw Kung Fu the last one and a half year.the claw is like the upper photo you show and about the three finger claw i admit i do not know where is it from.now about the Shaolinlueb who said he wanted to see grandmaster Leung Shum in video at early age i can tell him that i watched a seminar from him about 8 months ago and he still is more than fast.(althought probably when he was younger he could be faster.you can find a lot of his dvds in the internet both wu tai chi and eagle claw.(tip)Do not try to learn a form by dvd though you will learn it wrong i assure you.Shaolinlueb what style of eagle claw are you learning?and what exactly is the lost fist?is like wu shu's long fist or not?

eagle's claw three fingers it's Rocke eagle's claw

Quote Originally Posted by Starchaser107 View Post
    the firsyt picture is the traditional northern chinese method of eagle claw chin na or kahm na , the symbolic representation and application of the eagles talons used to seize and control.
    the second picture is japanese, although i have seen this hand posture come up in a few southern styles and oddly in some hsing-i that i've seen.
    http://www.sifushop.com

or
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_BATIwfZsU

eagle's claw kung fu in dvd

New DVD in Eagle claw kung fu (Rock eagle claw)http://www.sifushop.com

or

don't know if that's you langshan in the video...but whoever it is, I'd suggest keeping the fingers together and in line with the hand (not bent backwards) when making the claw...it will look better (among other things).

It would be nice if Mr Fabien would clarify his teacher Liu' Li Hong is recognised as creating performance eagle claw for films and wu shu competition, but to imply Liu Li Hong created eagle claw in China is little on inaccurate side to say the least.

Northern Eagle Claw Ying Jow Faan Tzi Mun has been practised in Hebei province since the mid 1800's.

Golden Eagle Fist Gum Ying Kune, a Southern Chinese style found mainly in Taiwan, which primarily uses the 3 finger eagle claw method has been taught there for a minimum of 80 years.
    Kune Belay Sau

Eagle Claw

Quote Originally Posted by soulguy2k View Post
    Hi,

I'm german Kung Fu student and I've got a question concerning the claw-technique of the Eagle Claw Kung Fu. I'm very interested in the history of Kung Fu and that's why I oftern look around on homepages of different Kung Fu styles.

When I finally found Eagle Claw Homepages (Lily Lau Eagle Claw Kung Fu and Leung Shum Eagle Claw Kung Fu) I was a trifle bemused, because on every picture this kind of claw-technique was used:

I never saw this kind of claw-technique associated with the Eagle Claw before. When I saw the Eagle Claw technique for example in a movie the actor always used this claw technique:

Unfortunatly I'm not a student of the Eagle Claw Kung Fu and there is not even an Eagle Claw Skool in Germany. So I thought, that you perhaps could help me out. Can somebody tell me, where those different claw techniques come from, what their meaning is and when they are to be used?

Thank you previously.

Kind regards
    Hello Soul Guy ,

Well if there is no eagle claw school in your area , then you need to get 2 - sources of materials , the lily lau and the Shum Leung DVD materials if you can get them . Eagle claw known for their expertise for locking of the opponents' joints' .

Lily lau ' s DVD materials you can goto wing lam kung fu enterprises and for Shum
    Leung ' s DVDs you can goto ESPY TV.com . Depends on what type of EagleClaw system you want to study , best thing to do for yourself is do your own research .

Or you if you are loaded with money then contact these Sifus Lily Lau or Shum Leung , you either go to visit them at their school or plug in with them to see if they can come to your area to train with you .

In the movies the actor's use the eagle claw techniques like you mentioned in your post to make the movie look better .
    These are some of the ideas you can use other than what I ' ve mentioned to you in this posts you ever tried checking out youtube ? They either might or might not have something eagleclaw ,but go and check it out ok .

take Care ,
    Baijong

Quote Originally Posted by langshan View Post
    New DVD in Eagle claw kung fu (Rock eagle claw)http://www.sifushop.com

or

this is, well, pretty horrible....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....