Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Eagle Claw - claw technique

That is precisely what one of my teachers is famous for in China.
    yeah? got any pics? vids? tangible stuff other than chit chat on a web forum?

pfft. this thread has become a joke.

I'd be happy to demonstrate anything in a non theoretical way.

I am more than willing to vid, pic or physically meet and show whatever I say I can do. I am readily willing to say what is sh.it and what is not regardless of where it comes from.

$8000? what do you take me for LOL. Don't you make outrageous claims of deep fried arms in your style? Got any vids of that? I'd like to see that. You read too many wuxia novels dude.

You know, it's talk like this nonsense that convinces people that kungfu is goofy. Be real with yer fu is all I'm saying and stfu with the movie crap or the little boy fantasies.
    Last edited by Kung Lek; 03-18-2005 at 12:30 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

"That's not the direction that was being taken with the whole claw dilly until I brought it up that it is preposterous to fashion in your mind some screwy idea that you can tear and rend flesh from a human body with a claw handform"
    Kung Lek, WTF are you going on about? The only people who have said this are you and Winterpalm. What does THAT tell us? I have never at any point claimed to be able to tear peoples muscles of and have REPEATEDLY stated that the claw is useful against soft tissue.
    The fact that you can't manage to use a claw at all and have this strange obsession with pulling people's muscle's off speaks more than anything else you have to say about this topic.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Sorry, I'm getting a little heated, it's been a long night (and I get REALLY riled when people with no fight record get on their high horse at me about "keeping it real man" ).
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Kung Lek
    Why do you not like Canadian beer? It is much better than US!
    I figured everyone would benefit from a beer on this thread. Speaking of which where did Eric go? I would like to buy his a brewsky sometime.

Cheers
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash
    Sorry, I'm getting a little heated, it's been a long night (and I get REALLY riled when people with no fight record get on their high horse at me about "keeping it real man" ).

no fight record? I have a juvenile boxing record that is not too bad actually. what's your fight record?

if yer ever in trawna and want to play ben, i would be more than happy to come down off my high horse. just being friendly.

and i believe it is you who has some beef with my former sifu due to whatever. it seems to go back and forth between your (former? current) and my former(definitely former) and their students all the time. I have no idea why you would want to perpetuate this nonsense, but like i said, I think using a claw in the fashion as described by deep fried arms boy is a crock o sh.it.

And I am willing to stfu if anyone can show me one string of evidence t6o the contrary.

anyway, that's my piece on this. soft tissue, orifices , eyes and clutching with a claw? Yes.

tearing the living flesh off another man? bullsh.it.

that's my view, i'm sticking to it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

So we're in agreement then
    My only problem with Wes is that he is such a total pr*ck on this forum, and Winterpalm because he lives up his a*s. I'm sure there are many of your former classmates who are perfectly decent guys (like your good self ). I've never heard any of Neil's other students slag him off.
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

did you just refer to Kung Lek as a "decent guy"

Ben-

well, he'll (wc)be who he is no matter what and as for Neil, I like him, he's a straightforward guy and I never had a problem with him even when wc had issues with him here on the forum and was sending messages through me. Now that was a romp down the path of asshattery!But I really would rather just put that behind me. Winterpalm will "get it" one day...or not, who knows, it doesn't matter really. Point being, I have learned that the quality of one's Kungfu has little to do with their personality and character. nuff said about that.

Starchaser your mom thinks I'm totally decent. Also, she needs you to wash teh sheets it was a bit of a slap and tickle fest up there last night so put your apron on and get to work. :P
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Yeah you and my Rotweiler were having some good old backyard fun. Mom is really disappointed that you messed up the sheets that were drying on the line though . But hopefully we'll have some new puppies to sell in a few months...

oh wait bruno is male.

oh wait bruno is male.
    not anymore he's not
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kung Lek

Yum cha, I can kill chickens just as easily as the next guy.
    Sorry to interrupt the flame war guys, just that something occured to me. KL, seems to indicate that most Kung Fu guys could kill a chicken, fair enough.

Do you think the BBJ guys would simply choke their chicken to death?

I never said anything about tearing off muscles. I don't know where you guys get this from. If you read my posts you will see that I said tearing flesh and nothing about ripping off muscles.

I understand that the bulk of you guys are children, I'll be the first to admit that this place is a very funny one with fools who spout their mouths about nonsense and then insult each other, but I mean really, Ben, I doubt you would say any of that garbage to my Sifu. But, this forum allows you to remain a hidden child and so be it that you can and are more than welcome to slander anybody you want but you should realize how incredibly stupid it makes you look.
    I don't know about Sifu's past but he is a very good man, an excellent and very skilled martial artist and a great teacher, plus he's a nice guy! Those are some things that maybe you fellows should try to cultivate instead of this forum boxing that I have to admit, you guys are the kings of. I'm not going to participate so I just wanted to let you know that as far as this art of Forum Boxing is concerned, you guys take the cake! I just love the childish ways you present yourselves and I hope for your sakes that if you ever have any students, they don't see what kind of idiots their teachers are!

That said, I am not offended as I would not be offended by children saying childish things to me, it is just funny to see grown men behaving this way.

If I may, I would say that I have taken the correct and slam dunked it.
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm
    I never said anything about tearing off muscles. I don't know where you guys get this from. If you read my posts you will see that I said tearing flesh and nothing about ripping off muscles.

I understand that the bulk of you guys are children, I'll be the first to admit that this place is a very funny one with fools who spout their mouths about nonsense and then insult each other, but I mean really, Ben, I doubt you would say any of that garbage to my Sifu. But, this forum allows you to remain a hidden child and so be it that you can and are more than welcome to slander anybody you want but you should realize how incredibly stupid it makes you look.
    I don't know about Sifu's past but he is a very good man, an excellent and very skilled martial artist and a great teacher, plus he's a nice guy! Those are some things that maybe you fellows should try to cultivate instead of this forum boxing that I have to admit, you guys are the kings of. I'm not going to participate so I just wanted to let you know that as far as this art of Forum Boxing is concerned, you guys take the cake! I just love the childish ways you present yourselves and I hope for your sakes that if you ever have any students, they don't see what kind of idiots their teachers are!

That said, I am not offended as I would not be offended by children saying childish things to me, it is just funny to see grown men behaving this way.

If I may, I would say that I have taken the correct and slam dunked it.

ma forums are no place for the thin skinned. yeesh. and lol, and so on.

yum-

I only know a couple of bjj-ers. and though i think they can choke their chickens like anyone else, I would also add they can tool me with groundwork and I am working my ass off to get better at it because of the epiphany that stand up ain't always were you get to be whether you train like a dog at it or not.

avoidance only works for a little while, humans are real resilient and guys who train like athletes are a tough go even for someone with years of traditional experience, training, sparring and all of it.

always a good thing to introduce yourself to someone who can hand you your ass now and then, Gives a fresh perspective and tosses any sort of illusions you may have held about your skills, so to speak.
    Last edited by Kung Lek; 03-20-2005 at 10:01 PM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I just noticed last night that Gordan Lu Used a three finger eagle claw in Kill Bill 2. He challenged Uma to test her tiger crane against his eagle claw and then in classic shaw brothers style demonstrated his three fingered eagle claw pose.

Hi soulguy2K,

There is some Eagle Claw in Pack Mei Pai, practised in Germany.
    For real Eagle Claw you have to see Wim Maulany, who lives in the Netherlands near the German border.

Kind regards,
    KPE
    www.hunggar.nl
    South Paw

South Paw,
    You are correct, Pak Mei does make use of Eagle Claw, as detailed in the comments I made earlier.

KL - So, don't tell me you've been seduced to the dark side....LOL...just kidding.

I've got a bit of ground game too, I know what you mean. Don't know how I'd do against a BBJ guy on the mats, but, I did some wrestling in High School that has helped me out a bit in the past. I've got some chokes and some funny takedowns from Pak Mei as well.

BTW, I really enjoyed wrestling in High School, and Jr High, and that's what probably got me into other MA....

The phrase that comes to mind is "Know your enemy to know yourself."

Oh yea, and bite.....if you can't beat 'em, eat 'em. Very effective at getting holds broken...and not bad sauteed in garlic with fatha beans...