Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: OT: Could Bush Have Been Right?

It will be interesting to see what pans out.

Familiar with both groups you mentioned. I know somebody who is trying to get Al Muhajiroun on the State Dept. Terrorism list.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

I agree with dezhen, on the caliphate thing. I was asking what YOU wanted because I was sort of being difficult.
    Oh, now I'm angry. And to think that I bought you a ticket to see Toby Keith.
    If you tease someone and they're too simple minded to know it is it still a tease?

It will be interesting to see how it all works out. If an alternative to the what the bad guys are selling takes what will the bad guys do? The Palestinians are trying to get Hammas to take a seat at the table. But I'm watching to see what Hezbollah and their backers do in Lebanon.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster
    I know somebody who is trying to get Al Muhajiroun on the State Dept. Terrorism list.
    Interesting... the problem being that although they may support and basically condone certain things done by others - its vastly different from calling the shots yourself or advising your people to engage in such things. One is a freedom of speech (the right to say and express whatever you want), the other is aiding and assisting (or indeed promoting/performing) a criminal activity.

I have had experience with both the groups mentioned, and didnt like either. I found their approaches incredibly terrible, totalitarean and intellectually bankrupt - selective of the interpretive methods and possibilities they used and other things. I guess thats why i get called a "modernist liberali" by most folks and not anything else... but i do have a beard if that counts? (ok, only a goatee but its still traditionally valid anyway)
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.