Thread: Boston people: silky way expands / school

Boston people: silky way expands / school

I don't know if any of you have visited silky way in a while but the bottom floor has expanded to have more touristy stuff and they are building a school next to the bookstore upstairs. They moved everything around and it looks much better.

I talked with the dude who is running the store/ school now. He also has a school in Quincy. HIs name is Ken something. He sort of talked like the guys around here: says he teaches tai chi that focuses on applications. He was pretty opinionated. He says they teach xingyi and bagua as well but he encourages people not to because basically he thinks tai chi is the best, most powerful etc. I'd encourage people to stop by and talk with him. He was a friendly guy.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Jun_Er,

I am friend/student of one of the new owners of Silky Way. Wong Sifu and company are nice people. I dont know Ken but have heard he is one hell of a fighter. He not only knows Taiji but is a Fut Gar sifu and well versed in other arts. The Silky Way is having a big sale on all of their items and they will be teaching Kung Fu out of there. Wong Sifu will also be treating/healing people at that location as he will build a clinic inside there. Wong sifu teaches Yi Chuan but is also skilled in a variety of Kung Fu/South Fist.

Wong Sifu shares his Yi Chuan knowledge with me. He is a great guy and loves Kung Fu as are his associates!

Regards,
    Jim

It sounds great. and silky way needed a makeover pretty badly.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

That sounds great! I was in Silky Way a few weeks ago after going for lunch in Chinatown but didn't notice any changes. Nice place. I'll have to go check it out again. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Nick

Hmmm, now I'll have to plan on a field trip into Chinatown soon.

Thanks for the update!

Anyone know if they've expanded their hours to open on Sundays? Unfortunately it's tough for me to make it in Mon - Sat.

Silky Way

Leo,

They are open 7 days a week now compared to the old owners who shut it down Sunday through Monday. Go in and chat with Wong Sifu. He is a great person who has great knowledge to share.

Enjoy the new hours!

In Quincy,

Dale Dugas

I'll miss helping the old guy push up the grate on Tuesday mornings.

They were nice folks. I must have bought lord knows how many things from there.

Me too. I finally bought enough stuff to where he would grunt at me when I came in. He also let me know when the late great Lee Yatming moved to Boston. I spoke to Mr. Wong on Chinese New Year-a real nice guy.

I think downstairs is still the same people.

if i remember correctly the upstairs was the MA store and the downstairs was the chinese bookstore? sometimes having older books-?-.

does anyone know if the really old guy still hangs out at the dit dia jao clinic across from the parking lot?

Silky Way Open House 3/28/05 12:00-7:00PM

Hey all you Boston people,

I just wanted to let you know that Sifu Donald Wong will be having an Open House on March 28th, 2005 from 12:00 Noon until 7:00 PM.

He is opening a new school, clinic, and herb shop.

Ill be stopping by after work and paying my respects to Sifu Wong and his staff.

Walking my circle,

Dale Dugas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all you Boston people,

I just wanted to let you know that Sifu Donald Wong will be having an Open House on March 28th, 2005 from 12:00 Noon until 7:00 PM.

He is opening a new school, clinic, and herb shop.

Ill be stopping by after work and paying my respects to Sifu Wong and his staff.

Walking my circle,

Dale Dugas

If I'd only read this a few hours earlier i may have made it to the open house...
    Thanks for the heads up on Silky Way, i havent been there in a while and will stop in to check it out. I used to love that place when i was a kid
    I thought the place looked different when i was going by there a couple of weeks back... now i know why.

I checked it out. Not teally what I'm into right now, but cool space. Wong Sifu made up for his lack of english (and the crappy catering haha) by demonstrating various stuff on the people there. The other three teachers were... the type of guys you'd usually have there at a place like that. you know.

Quote Originally Posted by jun_erh
    I checked it out. Not teally what I'm into right now, but cool space. Wong Sifu made up for his lack of english (and the crappy catering haha) by demonstrating various stuff on the people there. The other three teachers were... the type of guys you'd usually have there at a place like that. you know.

Hmmmm .....uhhh. no!

What do you mean?

Could you explain a bit?

Thanks,
    jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)