Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fanzi System

The modern form at summer creates by a Master Hung.
    ¶Schools with the u.S.A. are only one simple combination.
    ¶The Master still saw but it does not have that a Western student (in France).
    Master Hung made a demonstration in Texas in 1991. ¶
    ¶He is an actor and choreographer. ¶
    ¶one can see it in =snake eagles shadow (chorégraphe), pride deadly fury (actor), kid's from shaolin, (actor and choregraph), shaolin temple (choregraph), tai chi master (choregraph)...30 movies
    ¶The style is composed ready of 100 forms (tai chi, partner, weapons...).

Mantis 108: my brother described Fanzi as being developed durring the cults revolution after a prison break. the style was specifically developed by one of the escapees who refused to have his shackles removed so that he could develop the style. eventually he was caught and returned to prison where he was killed trying to escape again. just a bit of folk lore.

does that 50 road form exist in book or vid somewhere?

Smile Hi YZDZ,

Regarding the origin of Fanziquan, there are different tales. Some accredited it to Song dynasty's General Yue Fei who was also said to be Eagle Claw and Xingyi's progenitor also (he's a pretty busy boy. ) However, the sonnet that contains his posthumous title (MoWu) is the exact same as my friend's sonnet except the name of the founder is Luo Cun instead. So...

50 form that of Ying Zhua Fanzi (combination of 2 styles)? Could your brother be a modern day Eagle Claw stylist? My friend Fanzi has a WuHwaPao (5 blossoms cannon) both a short strikes move and a long form. In fact, he said it would be okay to handle most situations with just learning the short strike move WuHwaPao because it contains most of the important principles of Fanziquan.

Warm regards

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Quote Originally Posted by mantis108
    50 form that of Ying Zhua Fanzi (combination of 2 styles)? Could your brother be a modern day Eagle Claw stylist? My friend Fanzi has a WuHwaPao (5 blossoms cannon) both a short strikes move and a long form. In fact, he said it would be okay to handle most situations with just learning the short strike move WuHwaPao because it contains most of the important principles of Fanziquan.

Warm regards

Mantis108
    well...hard to say exactly. at the school where he learned the 14 road form he was introduced as an eagle claw stylist, but he really wasn't. however, while there he managed to trick some folks into teaching him. if it made it to the southwest he probably knows it. then again, if he could find someone to teach him he probably went there, too! on more than one occasion he really harassed people into sharing thier forms with him. he was real ornary when he was my age. borderline feral.
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 09-13-2005 at 11:48 AM.

kao shou fanzi quan

Hey everyone I practice this form that is broken down into 8 sections. I have forgot a part of section 7 and I was wondering if anyone else on this forum does this form and would be able to help me fill in the blanks? Here is a clip of the first half of the form http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAOwd...layer_embedded. Thanks in advance.

kao shou fanzi quan

Hi I was wondering if anyone else has heard of a master from china named Jiang Hualong and if he is connected to kao shou fanzi quan? thanks in advance.
    Last edited by shaolin_allan; 08-21-2012 at 09:23 PM.

I study under the line of Jiang Hualong.
    As far as I know he is not connected to kao shou fanzi quan.

His grand student Cui Shoushan wrote a complete list of kung fu of several hundred pages.
    Nowhere in this list is the word fan zi quan.
    Though, there is numerous mention of fan che as part of the praying mantis style.

Why do you ask? Have you come across Jiang Hualong in the Fanzi style?

An article of fanche as it relates to Praying Mantis Fanche of the Middle Road

I was just curious because I was reading about fan che and Jiang Hualong and from what I have learned of kaou shou fanzi quan the movements he had learned sound very similar to what is in kao shou. It's a few movements including chops with lots of repetition. I was just curious if there was a connection or not, thanks for replying.

If I could see the exercises I could make a better judgement if it looks like anything from Jiang Hualong's Mantis as I understand it.

Our newest web article

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart