Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tired of it

to those who try and wrap themselves in the flag of tradition, "tradition" in the "old days" was that people would show up to your school, and if you couldn't perform what you claimed, you wouldn't have a school much longer.....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

This is something that seems to be forgotten....
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Fu-Pow; 03-07-2005 at 12:58 PM.

Because M and M may rap.

Because Britney may sing hip hop.

Let us declare that kids play Beethoven and Bach do not know music.

Please show us the symphonie or you are not musicians. And your music is dead.

We are tired of it.

Blog Entries
    WHAMMO!

Qi is Qi.

Qi is not empty.

Qi is not force.

Therefore Qi is not empty force.

---

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiBob
    Greetings..

Qi was mystical to the ancients.. today we know it as Bio-electrical energy..
    Theoretically, from Quantum Field Throry, flying Qi balls can be conceptually tolerated.. only, i haven't seen any evidence supporting the current existence of same.
    I have been personally subjected to ridiculously unexplainable healings.. yet, i remain healed.. i have been subjected to combat with persons so remarkably in tune with themselves and me, their opponent, as to have the appearance of mystical powers.. but, it was simply a profound understanding of body-alignment, interactive balance, and highly trained use of their bio-electrical energy..
    It is neither mystical nor mundane.. it is the result of great discipline..
    Be well..
    bio-electrical energy, LOL! You need to take off your magnetic bracelets and do some reading on ACTUAL physics, including quantum field theory and so on.

LOL, you guys crack me up sometimes.....

No one can prove either side of this discussion, it is ridiculous to argue over that aspect. With our current state of technology and science, all either party can do is form theories and speculate what they would like to believe. So no one here is right, and no one is wrong. Theoretically speaking. In truth someone is right and someone is wrong, we just have no way of determining that at this point in time.
    I completely disagree. Qi, is supposed to be something that affects every aspect of your life, if that is the case it should be measurable, but it's not. Why? You might ask? Because there's no fukking such thing.
    Make all the internet claims about the mysterious and miraculous experiences you want. I've been sick for the last two weeks and I've suddenly "got better". This past summer I sprained my ankle, contrary to popular opinion I went running on it a day or two later anyway, it went away. I wasn't magically healed, it just turns out the body, in very explainable and verifiable ways, is capable of fixing some of it's own problems.
    I too have been in combat with some pretty remarkable people. What they did is easily explained, they trained, dailly, for years, and consistantly, always striving to improve. That's it, no magical energy is required to explain it, no mystical way of living.
    You guys need to get out of the dark ages and realize Qi, exists about as much as Dragons, chimera and demons.

Blog Entries

fu, the myltiple attackers movie was fukkin hilarious.

2 drops of pee came out I was actually laughing that hard.

reminded of teh episode of seinfeld where Kramer takes a Karate class.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kung Lek
    2 drops of pee came out I was actually laughing that hard.
    Whoa, u gots some kinda prob there, buddy...

Howdy All,

I'm not gonna pretend to try and decide if something exists or not without more knowledge on the subject but....

whether qi exists or not, I find it useful to visualise this energy when training and hitting the bag. I find it helps focus the power.

Thanks All

Greetings..

It has risen to the level of comical.. the degree of fear, and yes i say fear, that so many of you have of a simple word.. that word is Qi.. you hear/see it, then like a group of juiced-up apes start screaming and waving your arms, wildly beating your chests.. get over it..

Qi is simply a word, a word with a unique history, a word whose meaning should be allowed to evolve with our understanding.. at one time it had many mystical attachments.. now, it is much more understood.. except, of course, to those that fear it.. it is bio-electrical energy, electrical impulses that animate our bodies.. you know, you know you know.. but you think its way too cool to beat down a word, makes you look tough.. well, that's your loss.. because until you decide to actually understand the machine you call a body, your training and health will suffer..

Qi is part of our CMA history, its mystical past is largely overlooked in favor of solid science.. we can evolve its meaning, with our new understandings.. or discard it out of fear and the need to appear tough.. (ie: i don't need no stinkin' Chee, man...)

Qi Balls? i haven't seen 'em, i haven't seen any evidence of them.. i don't think its likely that i will.. but, i didn't think the US could possibly re-elect that Keebler Elf, either, so.. i'll leave a small window of possibility open.. who knows.. Qi healing, now there i have seen and experienced first hand events consistent with the description of the healer's technique.. and, they used that terrible word, Qi.. no, it wasn't magic, it was training and discipline that permitted the healer to manipulate bio-electrical energies beneficially... same basic principle as accupuncture.. no big deal, unless of course, it frightens someone or challenges their ability to comprehend..

Okay, there you have it.. enough ammunition to feed your fears and raging posts for another 3 pages or so.. and, red5angel, i didn't realize you were back in from recess, yet.. do take care when questioning credentials, you've shown no evidence beyond middle-school mentallity, yourself.. don't suggest that i "do some reading".. explain where i am flawed in my assertions, with references.. oh, bio-electrical energy is, and has been measured, its science..

Be well
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

The Extantness of Qi

While I think talk of Qi is trapsing off into the woods, I think the problem is mostly in definitions and arguments about those definitions as well as many who would attach mystical rubbish such as no touch strike and what not to it.

Having said that, if you are alive, then you have your proof of Qi.
    It's your breath, but notr just the air you breath, it's your blood but not just the red and white cells, it's the spark of synaptic response cutting engrams into your brain daily, it is the life essence itself. Because it is not one thing, and some people have a tendency to only understand such things from a terminological standpoint, they may tend to disbelieve it at all.

But in reality, it is as hard to describe as life itself. What is life? If you answer that, you answer what is Qi.

Now back to the case in point, I'm not so much tired of performance wushu trying to pass itself off as real applicable kungfu martial art ktfo stuff. I'm not so angry that people get sidetracked with lineage discussion and lose site of real value in what they ar doing, I'm not so tired of western born white boys walking around in 19th Chinese court robes consumed with yellow fever so much as I am tired of waiting.

I am tired of waiting for people who do have kungfu to step up and start chewing gum if ya get my inference.

Get out there, do your thing, toot your horn and ring that bell. THe more people that do that, the more the winds will change and the more likely it will be that the gophers will not pop there head up and see the coast is clear for their particular brands of nonsense.

Sometimes the fastest way to learn something and understand is the shaking of teh conciousness. In Ch'an it would be a cane across your back as you slouched or it could even be your own failure and your admission of it.

It's not such a long road though. Just refuse to get caught in the trap and be true to what you do.

peas
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue
    Prove it. Hell, prove that Qi is anything.
    You know those little impulses of energy your nerves create and transfer that send messages to the muscles? That is bio-electricity. You know when a muscle twitches for no real reason? This is what is known as a mis-fire of the nervious system. You know when you injure a muscle group and you develope a spasm? This is what happens when the nerve is pinched and cannot conduct it's messages efficiantly. This is also known to people who have a broad mind, as a chi blockage. Ever notice how muscle relaxers don't really work too well to get rid of spasms, but a good rub down my a massage theripist does?...

... A rose by any other name...

... Think about it. You have all the eveidence right in front of you nose but are too busy looking down it to see what is right in front
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it