Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode III (Spoilers, Questions & Answers)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    i dont get why vader didnt get any respect form the military leaders in 4. he was the emporers right hand man. did they not like his jedi tricks?
    He's a relic, a follower of an extinct religion that is blamed for the onset of the Clone Wars and the need for Imperial rule. The Jedi are not well liked after the Clone Wars.

Remember how they treat Obi-Wan in EP IV? "That wizard is just a crazy old man."

can't wait till it comes out, of course i'll wait about a month before i go see it. hate crowded movie theaters, especially if i get stuck sitting in the front section. my neck hurts just thinking about it.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    He's a relic, a follower of an extinct religion that is blamed for the onset of the Clone Wars and the need for Imperial rule. The Jedi are not well liked after the Clone Wars.

Remember how they treat Obi-Wan in EP IV? "That wizard is just a crazy old man."
    Actually I think it's more just an opportunity to let Vader choke some dudes.

For me it's a sign that GL hadn't really had many ideas for the first 3 episodes. I think he chose to label ANH as Episode 4 to be different and because it get's people thinking. For example, the Jedi Order existed for thousands of years and had a huge influence on the Republic. 18 years after the war against the Jedi BEGINS - not ends - somehow the galaxy has forgotten all about them except as near myth?

Quote Originally Posted by red5angel
    Actually I think it's more just an opportunity to let Vader choke some dudes.

For me it's a sign that GL hadn't really had many ideas for the first 3 episodes. I think he chose to label ANH as Episode 4 to be different and because it get's people thinking. For example, the Jedi Order existed for thousands of years and had a huge influence on the Republic. 18 years after the war against the Jedi BEGINS - not ends - somehow the galaxy has forgotten all about them except as near myth?
    The orginal release wasn't called EP IV. He added that on the 1978 re-release.

The basic idea was that he wanted the story to start in the middle, like if you went into a theater and saw a Flash Gordon seriel episode.

The original draft for Star Wars reads an awful lot like The Phantom Menace.

Check out the new Cingular ringtones for some EP III spoliers, like Grevious' voice.

http://tones.cingular.com/

so even though vader is the emperors right hand man, they denounce the jedi or something after the clone wars and write them out of the history books?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Yeah, pretty much. Not too much different than what Mao did with Shaolin, right?

Revelations

Anybody seen the full 40 minute feature yet? I burned it to DVD to watch with my surround sound system yesterday. The acting was so-so, the dialouge was kinda crappy, there were parts that it looked like the audio was definitely dubbed in, but over all it wasn't a half bad film for an amatuer flick. Just goes to show what can be done with a few PC's these days

I haven't downloaded it yet. My connection at home is faster than at work, but I rarely get online at home.

downloaded it last night, plan on watching it at lunch today.

As a fan film the effects look pretty incredible. I never expect much from acting in these films but some are worse then others.

fan films are kinda gay most of the time. but they are actually done really well with effect. i still like art of the saber fighting the best.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    fan films are kinda gay most of the time. but they are actually done really well with effect. i still like art of the saber fighting the best.

Art of the Saber isn't that film with the two dudes fighting in the woods is it? They carry lightsabers but look like their in a sony chiba film?

Quote Originally Posted by red5angel
    Art of the Saber isn't that film with the two dudes fighting in the woods is it? They carry lightsabers but look like their in a sony chiba film?

yeah it is, i love the fight scene in there compared to the others i have seen.

While the choreography is ok, I'm not sure why they chose to use lightsabers really. I was under the impression when someone sent it to me it was a starwars fanfilm but it doesn't come off like that.

Bythe way watched the 40 min Star Wars Revelations last night. It wasn't too bad. Probably the best fan film I've seen in a while. The acting is better then average for the most part then most fan films - although Darth Vader sucks. The effects are incredible. Storyline is ok. Overall if you're a starwars fan I'd recommend it.

MK, someone told me the reason Vader cannot throw force lighting (which Dooku can) is that he is more machine than man and has no organic arms. Is that "true?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.