Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode III (Spoilers, Questions & Answers)

MK knows his stuff. However concering Sidious' lightning mutating his face, I don't think it had any effect at all. When the emperor was appearing before his followers in hollogram form, you'd notice him looking rather gross. This is his true form due to using the dark side all those years, which corrupts the hell out of you physically and mentally, as was already mentioned. He uses the force to change his appearence with the same type of dark power he uses to mask the dark side's influence from the ever-vigilant Jedi. He simply let go of his disguise in front of Anakin to add to his deception of being defeated.
    It was also a nice bit of evidence to appeal to the senate about the Jedi's attempt to seize power.
    I do believe that Windu could have killed him, even though the lightning wasn't having any effect on the emperor. He was forcing his saber down and probably would have been able to stick it in Sidious' face.

Which books are "officially" episodes 7, 8 and 9?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist
    Thanks guys.

I haven't seen 4, 5, or 6 in a while, but I don't remember the word "Sith" ever being said in those movies. Am I correct?
    I want to say I heard it once, but can't recall which film it was - I'll re-watch them. if MK or someone doesn't know offhand.

Also, is a Site just like a Jedi but of the dark side? It's not a race, right?
    false. The sith home planet is called korriban. the sith were a fairly primitive race who were force sensitive. They were farily peaceful until they were discovered. Once they were discovered, the jedi were founded, and they learned to harness the power, but only used it for good. However, the force can also corrupt, and several dark jedi came about. These dark jedi conquered the sith and began using the name sith lords.

And what is the opposite of the dark side? They never mention it by name, do they? The good side? The light side?

it's merely called the good side.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

9. A civilization that has mastered interstellar travel and can give you synthetic limbs that can respond to feeling and touch the same as normal limbs can't muffle the breathing of Darth Vador's suit?

not sure the early limbs were sensitive to touch... in EP 3, anakin's hand was completely robotic - when he became vader, it would have been much the same. We didn't see the human looking, sensitive hand until luke had his hand cut off, later in the series. In return of the jedi, when luke cut off vader's robotic arm, vader didn't scream, if I remember correctly - he didn't feel it.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

MK, I heard that they had originally planned to use asajj ventress in the phantom menace instead of darth maul. Coincidentally, when I looked her up, her profile says that she too can use the double bladed light saber.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/cha...asajjventress/

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Which books are "officially" episodes 7, 8 and 9?

I dunno... but:

http://www.thetrukstop.com/starwars/sequel.html

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

GL was just on a show and he was saying that at first there was only an episode four. He wanted it to be like going to the old serial movies and you had just walked in on the 4th episode. It was only once that 4 was a huge hit that they started thinking about the next two. I heard rumours back before 5 & 6 that he had 9 episodes outlined. He also told the people at Dark Horse things that were hands off and things that they could expand upon, so he must have had something in mind.

My street cred just lost 15 points for knowing that.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

C3PO kinda reminds me of Tony Blair.

I find it funny that when Obi Wan went to that planet to watch over Luke he changed his name to 'Ben'. Out of all the cool alien names he decided Ben was the name for him, lol.

Did anyone else find the Chancellors laugh infectious when he was zapping Yoda?
    ________
    Strawberry cough
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    I want to say I heard it once, but can't recall which film it was - I'll re-watch them. if MK or someone doesn't know offhand.
    Sith is mentioned in the book Star Wars, but not in any of the OT films. Vader's offical title has always been Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith.

false. The sith home planet is called korriban. the sith were a fairly primitive race who were force sensitive. They were farily peaceful until they were discovered. Once they were discovered, the jedi were founded, and they learned to harness the power, but only used it for good. However, the force can also corrupt, and several dark jedi came about. These dark jedi conquered the sith and began using the name sith lords.
    This isn't entirely correct. After the Great Hyperspace War, a group of rebellious Jedi are banished to Korriban because they seek power from the Force. The inhabitanst of Korriban are a primitive race called The Sith, who see these Jedi as Gods and worship their power. The rebellious Jedi use the Force to sudue and control the Sith, which gets them the title Lords of the Sith. Eventually, they find a way off the planet and seek Revenge for their banishment, which leads up to the Great Sith War, when the Jedi kill all of them, except Darth Bane, who goes into hiding and trains an apprentice, establishes the Rule of Two, and waits for his chance to destroy the Jedi once and for all.

It's merely called the good side.
    It is often called "The Light Side." And Jedi are often called Light Jedi.

The Jedi army that fought the Sith invasion was called The Army of Light.

There are other bad guys who use the Dark Side but are not Sith. They are called Dark Jedi. This includes any Dark Force user that is not part of the Sith cult.

MK, I heard that they had originally planned to use asajj ventress in the phantom menace instead of darth maul. Coincidentally, when I looked her up, her profile says that she too can use the double bladed light saber.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/cha...asajjventress/
    Correct. The design was one of the finalists for the Maul's spot in EP I.

Then, in EP II, they were going to go back and use a Force Witch for the new apprentice (see cover of KOTOR II).

But once he started with all the political wrangling in the script, they changed to Count Dooku.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuGuy!
    MK knows his stuff. However concering Sidious' lightning mutating his face, I don't think it had any effect at all. When the emperor was appearing before his followers in hollogram form, you'd notice him looking rather gross. This is his true form due to using the dark side all those years, which corrupts the hell out of you physically and mentally, as was already mentioned. He uses the force to change his appearence with the same type of dark power he uses to mask the dark side's influence from the ever-vigilant Jedi. He simply let go of his disguise in front of Anakin to add to his deception of being defeated.
    It was also a nice bit of evidence to appeal to the senate about the Jedi's attempt to seize power.
    I do believe that Windu could have killed him, even though the lightning wasn't having any effect on the emperor. He was forcing his saber down and probably would have been able to stick it in Sidious' face.
    This is my thinking as well. Sidious let that happen. I think he was just ready to expose his true self.

I thought about that... what if it wasn't a complete lie? perhaps the sith had stumbled upon the same technique that yoda and qui gon had? I know he wouldn't have bothered to ever teach it to anakin, but perhaps he did have the knowledge.
    It's a lie because of the process. Yoda et al. join the Force to acheive immortality (well, not really because they eventually lose their ability to maintain themselves, but I digress).

Sidious' says he can use the Force to maintain a physical life form, and even bring it back from death. If that were true, he wouldn't have cared about finding Anakin still alive after the fight. He could have just brought him back. Or brought Maul back after Obi-Wan sliced him up.

You have a dicotomy here: Jedi merge with the Force versus Sith who use the Force to live unnaturally long lives. Spirit versus Physical. Two different ideas, and in the movies only one is shown to work. Luminous beings are we. Not this crude matter.

The Emperor gives it away when he tells Vader "only one person has ever learned how to do this. With your power we can figure it out together." It may be possible, and Darth Plageuis may have known how, but Sidious obviously doesn't have the ability yet.

Vader eventually learns how to merge with the Force by himself. That's why he has that meditation chamber on his ship The Executor and appears as a ghost in EP VI.

They were programmed to follow his orders from the start.

"You'll find they are totally obedient, taking any order without question. We modified their genetic structure to make them less independent than the original host."

As for luke being the last jedi, he was at the time, but remember in ep 6, before yoda died, he said "pass on what you know, you must"
    Well, in the EU, you find out there are other Jedi hiding out as well, and they pop up from time to time. In EP I, there are 10,000+ Jedi Knights. That's a lot of people to kill. Like Yoda and Obi-Wan, some of them got away.

Informative Link

Since you guys are so into this stuph, here's a link with quite a bit of info into the background of the Sith- http://stuffo.howstuffworks.com/sith.htm