Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode III (Spoilers, Questions & Answers)

Um...I think little Mannequin Skywalker has to share part of the blame.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I could tolerate Ani, but not Jar Jar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I hate the Submarine scenes. They are useless to the plot and full of stupid dialogue.

I hate the podrace announcer.

I hate all the podracers. How Sesame Street can you get?

I hate C3P0's new origins.

I hate when Capt. Panaka reads R2D2's name off the "invisible" name plate on his chassis.

I hate that scene where Qui-Gon tells Obi-Wan he's forsees him becoming a great Jedi and you can tell Obi-Wan is wearing a wig.

I hate when the Gungans say "Yousa in big do-do this time."

I especially hate Anakin's slave buddy. I cringe every time he misses that high-five with Greedo after the podrace. He was supposed to be Boba Fett, once upon a time...
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

I didn't mind TPM, or the last movie to be honest. I've enjoyed the new trilogy and I really like the new technology used for the special effects. As a kid I wasn't into the "deep" story behind Star Wars, I was interested in lightsabers, starships and space battles, and lots of cool droids. Now that I'm all grown up, it turns out I still like lightsabers, starships, space battles and cool droids. My taste hav expanded slightly, I like cool bad guys, cool good guys and the other neato technology of SW. Everyone who has played Annakin can't act, but neither can Keanu Reeves and that didn't stop me from enjoying The Matrix. Jar Jar - but not necessarily the Gungans - sucked but so did the Ewoks and I still enjoy ROTJ.
    It's obvious from the New Trailer Annakin still can't be played by someone who acts, the effects are gonna be kick ass, Ewan Mcgregor has done the best ****ed Alec Guiness in the universe, and the Jedi really are fukked.
    I'm not camping out but we plan on getting in line at noon. Why you might ask? Because I've waited in line at noon for the other two and this will be the last movie I wait in line for or go to a midnight showing of.

you know what i dislike?

The Light sabre fights in the new stuff. Yeah thats right i dislike them utterly.

twirling them around like some highschool baton twirler.

I liked the lightsabre fights in the old movies and do you know why? KENDO. They had Real Kendo Instructors training the peeps in the old movies,,and yes it was embelleshed a tad but still the fight scenes were done with more "intent" and Mastery rather than the ROTC style twirling we see now.

now i know what you puds are gonna say " WHAT? You mean YOU didnt like the fight in the Star wars 1 with the dual bo staff light sabre,,oh man that was sooo cool". "SHame on you TWS,,Shame."

and my reply "whatever,,,what-ev-errrrrrr" Star Trek RULES(gives all you starwars freaks the finger)

Peace,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword
    and my reply "whatever,,,what-ev-errrrrrr" Star Trek RULES(gives all you starwars freaks the finger)
    Wesley Crusher and Jordie are gayer than Ewoks and Gungans.

Hey MK?

Man you know what Hooked me onto The Next generation? When i Saw,in the beginning shows, Dianna Troi in her Intergalactic cheerleader outfit
    We have Liftoff..........................................p oof.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I liked the lightsabre fights in the old movies and do you know why? KENDO.
    I can see your point. Apparently Lucas didn't realize that Kendo pervades all intergalactic plasma sword combat. What was he thinking in the last three movies?

Wesley Crusher and Jordie are gayer than Ewoks and Gungans.
    jordie is alright, I think his character suffered more bad writing then anything else. Wesley Crusher however SHOULD FUKKING DIE.

I loved Jar Jar and the Ewoks. I love everything from the fuzzy little cute creatures down to Han shooting Greedo first. I have no need for everything to be raw, in your face, adult oriented action.

I prefer the new fighting. In episode IV Darth moved like a 400 year old man. (Um .. a 400 year old man whose name isn't yoda)

And I think Hayden does awesome in his role. In Episode II, his description on what he did to that villiage was awesome. I could see just enough evil in it. Young Anakain was fine as well .. he was an innocent kid. Innocent kids say Yippiee. Also it brought more depth to the character to see how far he traveled down the dark side.

And yes Ewan Mcgregor rocks in his role. He does well in all his roles.

But we are talking about the holy grail of movies. You are always going to find someone critical of it. In the meantime I will be watching my updated original trilogy on DVD and enjoying every minute of it. Ummm .. while I sit in a horse stance.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

You know what I hate about the OT DVDs?

Luke's green lightsaber in ANH on the Millenium Falcon. It's supposed to be blue.

The red boxes they forgot to digitize out when the tie fighters attack the MF in ANH.

WTF George? You can make an enitire movie digitally but you forget to quality check the most important DVD release in the last 5 years???????

The "Wesa Free" line added to the end of the celebration in ROTJ.

Everything else is cool.

The only thing I hate about AOTC is the stupid picnic scene. I can live with everything else.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 03-11-2005 at 12:33 PM.

Argh!! So many acronyms. Well I think the ABC should LOL and say WTF! Because the RSVP will BRB and then we all will be ROTFLMAO. Makes my heard hurt reading this thread.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

I'm with you on AOTC - I oculd have done without the picnic scene.

I got a couple of questions I can't seem to find the answers for. During the movies does anyone know if Shaakti has a padawan?

I still haven't heard what the deal is with Palpatines appearance as the Emperor, is he hiding his ugliness? I had heard that in EP III something happens to him that explains it all.

Was the Juggernaut vehicle created by the Lucas team or was that a product of the fiction they decided to include in the movie?

Shaak Ti has Padawan's in the EU, but not the movies:

Shaak Ti has trained two Padawans in her career as a Jedi Master, but sadly saw both of them fall victim to criminal killers shortly after their passing of the Jedi trials. For years, she secretly kept in her heart the pain of losing Fe Sun, one her students, to the Zeltron murderer Lyshaa, though her Jedi demeanor of detachment hid these emotions.
    The Emperor is using the Force to disguise himself. He's really old, using the Dark Side to prolong his life 'unnaturally." The Sith see immortality as living forever; the Jedi see immortality as merging with the Force. This is the dichotomy presented in EP III.

I don't know what you mean by Juggernaut. From the new trailer?

At the end of the new trailer, the 10 wheeled vehicle the clones are using. In the EU, more specifically the West End Games RPG, it was supposed to be a precursor to the AT AT walker, and later functioned as a command center and combat platform for the clones/stormtroopers.

Ok, I'd heard that about the Emperor but then read in what I thought was the script that something happens to him that changes him in the movie. It makes more sense since aparently the whole immortality thing seems to be one of the things he entices Annakin with.