Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode III (Spoilers, Questions & Answers)

i went to midnight showing of the past 2. might as well do it for this one. since this one looks awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

The death of Anakin Skywalker

Obi-Wan dives into a forward roll that ends up with him on the rim of a low cliff, just above the soft black sand of a lava riverbank.

Anakin snarls at Obi-Wan, realising he has been tricked. He leaps off his droid at Obi-Wan's back but is half a second too slow.

Obi-Wan whirls to parry Anakin, but his saber doesn't meet Anakin's blade. Instead, he slices off Anakin's leg at the knee. Then he slices of the other leg at the knee. And while Anakin is still in the air, Obi-Wan uses his blade to slice off Anakin's left arm above the elbow. He steps back as Anakin falls.

Anakin drops his lightsaber, clawing at the edge of the cliff with his mechanical hand, but his grip becomes too powerful for the lava bank and the edge crumbles, and he slides down onto the black sand.

His severed legs and his severed arm rolls into the lava below him and immediately burns.

Anakin claws at the soft black sand, but his struggling only makes him slip ****her. The sand itself is hot; digging his mechanical arm into it burns off his glove, and his robes begin to smolder.

Obi-Wan picks up Anakin's lightsaber. He lifts his own as well and weighs them in his hands. Anakin had based his design upon Obi-Wan's and thus they appear very similar.

"Obi-Wan..." pleads Vader from the riverbank. Kenobi looks down. Vader's jedi robes burn while his hair is blackened.

"You were the chosen one! It was said you would destroy The Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to The Force, not leave it in darkness. You were my brother, Anakin," says Obi-Wan. "I loved you, but I could not save you."

Above in the sky, Obi-Wan sees a Theta-Class shuttle entering the atmosphere.

Suddenly, Darth Vader bursts into flame.

"I hate you" screams Vader. Obi-Wan Kenobi turns, not wanting to go against the Jedi Code and murder, walks away.

DAAAAAAAAAAAYUM

SAN HILL
    Welcome, Lord Vader! On behalf of the leadership of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, let me be the first to...

VADER
    Very well. You will be the first.

VADER removes his hood and ignites his saber.

SAN HILL
    You're Anakin Skywalker!

VADER digs his saber into the chest of SAN HILL.

VADER
    The resemblance is deceptive.

SHU MAI
    We were promised a reward...a handsome reward!

VADER
    I am your reward. You don't find me handsome?

RUNE HAAKO
    Stop! Enough! We surrender, do you understand? You can't just kill us!

VADER
    Can't I?

RUNE HAAKO
    We're unarmed! We surrender! Please, please, you're a Jedi!

VADER
    You fought a war to destroy the Jedi.

VADER slashes RUNE HAAKO.

VADER (cont.)
    Congratulations on your success.
    I have a signature.

MK, can you re-post the link to the real trailer? The original seems to have expired.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

It's on StarWars.com now.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Riiight. I guess I could've figured that out myself. Thanks anyway.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Star Wars Republic Commander, the video game was promoted as having some pre episode III filler info.

MK or Philbert, or anyone else, to what degree do you know about it? I have the game and am roughly half way through I think. So far the game mostly gives insight into the development of small clone commando units designed to be sort of special forces for clone troopers. The game introduces a slaver race that uses alot of shot guns, and seem to be the grunts for the separatists in conjunction with the bug race from geonosis (?sp). I'm at a point now where the "Delta" commandos are on a covert mission on the wookie planet to save their captured leader.

As far as I know, you just get to see some new creatures and locations from EP III vignettes of the Clone Wars battles.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

so, how many of you guys or gals, going to skip work on the opening day of SWIII, I probably going to wait about 2-4 weeks before i go see it, let the crowd die down some. i waited about a month before i went to see I and II. not too fond of crowded movie theather.

Im gonna go to a midnight showing.

EPISODE III TERNIAN REPORT: You Sure Is Ugly

March 19 2005

At the entrance to the Jedi Temple, a hunchback brings forth a baby to the disguised Clone Troopers. In the hunback's arms is a small baby. The hunchbank presents the baby to the Clone Trooper, claiming it is a Jedi.

"Anyone could grab some deformed kid and claim it's anything they want. How do you know it's a Jedi?" asks the Sergeant.

The baby replies: "My lightsaber, the first clue would be, hmm?"

Suddenly, a green saber ignites, slashing across the sergeant's face. The hunchback man rights himself and a blue blade appears.

In a clipped Coruscant accent, Obi-Wan states: "Please don't try to resist. No one has to get hurt."

The men of Decoy Squad Five attack. None of them survive.
    I have a signature.

so why does the emperor turn all human to some gross form?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Because he would have been pretty easy to spot if he looked like that all along. He's using the force to disguise his true self. It's all a part of that little scheme to oust Chancellor Vallorum, assume control of the Senate, and declare himself Emperor so he can purge the galaxy of the Jedi Order.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    Because he would have been pretty easy to spot if he looked like that all along. He's using the force to disguise his true self. It's all a part of that little scheme to oust Chancellor Vallorum, assume control of the Senate, and declare himself Emperor so he can purge the galaxy of the Jedi Order.
    Plus it's easier to get the chicks when you don't look like a baboon's butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by PHILBERT
    Im gonna go to a midnight showing.

EPISODE III TERNIAN REPORT: You Sure Is Ugly

March 19 2005

At the entrance to the Jedi Temple, a hunchback brings forth a baby to the disguised Clone Troopers. In the hunback's arms is a small baby. The hunchbank presents the baby to the Clone Trooper, claiming it is a Jedi.

"Anyone could grab some deformed kid and claim it's anything they want. How do you know it's a Jedi?" asks the Sergeant.

The baby replies: "My lightsaber, the first clue would be, hmm?"

Suddenly, a green saber ignites, slashing across the sergeant's face. The hunchback man rights himself and a blue blade appears.

In a clipped Coruscant accent, Obi-Wan states: "Please don't try to resist. No one has to get hurt."

The men of Decoy Squad Five attack. None of them survive.

what the hell is that?

Friends and I are going to get in line at noon like we have for the last two, to see the midnight showing.

I'm suprised PHILBERT hasn't posted the fight scene yet between R2D2 and another astromech droid. And yeah, I'm being serious.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    I'm suprised PHILBERT hasn't posted the fight scene yet between R2D2 and another astromech droid. And yeah, I'm being serious.
    Now this is starting to sound ominous. If Yoda actually breaks wind in this movie, I will be routing for the Emperor to kick his a$$
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.