Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode III (Spoilers, Questions & Answers)

woah r2d2 fights? thats kinda lame. is c3p0 gonna do a robot dance competition against other droids?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

so the emperor i take it is really really old then? using the dark side of the force to keep himself alive? nice.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    so the emperor i take it is really really old then? using the dark side of the force to keep himself alive? nice.

exactly, but more specifically the dark side of the force.

Quote Originally Posted by red5angel
    what the hell is that?

Friends and I are going to get in line at noon like we have for the last two, to see the midnight showing.
    It's from the new movie. There is a forum online that has been releasing secrets of the new movie, and so far everything is accurate, down to the trailer descriptions they have. Even some drawings from the new comic have been released, and sure enough the stuff is in there. After Anakin kills the Jedi at the temple, troopers stand guard outside dressed in Jedi robes, but without the helmets on (armor underneath it) to try and assassinate any Jedi who happen to come to the temple. Obi-Wan and Yoda realize this and do that.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    I'm suprised PHILBERT hasn't posted the fight scene yet between R2D2 and another astromech droid. And yeah, I'm being serious.
    Actually, its R2D2 versus a Super Battle Droid. It's at the beginning of the movie, when Obi-Wan and Anakin land on General Grievous' flag ship to save Palpatine's life.
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 03-22-2005 at 03:06 PM.
    I have a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9
    Star Wars Republic Commander, the video game was promoted as having some pre episode III filler info.

MK or Philbert, or anyone else, to what degree do you know about it? I have the game and am roughly half way through I think. So far the game mostly gives insight into the development of small clone commando units designed to be sort of special forces for clone troopers. The game introduces a slaver race that uses alot of shot guns, and seem to be the grunts for the separatists in conjunction with the bug race from geonosis (?sp). I'm at a point now where the "Delta" commandos are on a covert mission on the wookie planet to save their captured leader.
    I don't know jack crap about the video game, but I can pretty much tell you anything about the new movie, including what happens where, down to who is born first, Luke or Leia, and why Luke goes to Tatooine and Leia to Alderann.
    I have a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by PHILBERT
    It's from the new movie. There is a forum online that has been releasing secrets of the new movie, and so far everything is accurate, down to the trailer descriptions they have.
    You just now finding the millenium falcon forums?

For all you curious kiddies:

http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/phpb...9ba9a90ed51963
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 03-22-2005 at 10:06 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    Actually, I'm going to modify what I said...Every time the Emperor uses the Dark Side, it eats away at him a little bit. He goes ape-**** with some force lighting in EP III and it screws up his appearance on the spot.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

MasterKiller, I've known about MF for a long time now. I just never visit it, cause on this website I'm a member of, there is a thread devoted to the new movie and one guy literally cross posts everything.
    I have a signature.

Actually, I'm going to modify what I said...Every time the Emperor uses the Dark Side, it eats away at him a little bit. He goes ape-**** with some force lighting in EP III and it screws up his appearance on the spot.
    Ok, that's basically what I had heard a few months ago. Something during the EPIII happens to make him a little more gruesome then he is now. It makes sense, he's been in hiding all these years so he probbaly hasn't used the force all that much. A sudden surge of it, and it being the dark side and all......

Disturbing this is, and most unexpected. My insights into the Force seem to be proven wrong. This excerpt is from the novelization:

The implication is that....well.....Anakin does have a father.

DONT READ THIS UNLESS YOU WANT TO RUIN THE ORIGINAL MOVIES FOR YOURSELF FOREVER.

In the Galaxies Theatre, Anakin Skywalker is the guest of the Chancellor Palpatine. The elite of Coruscant have gathered to watch the graceful movements of a female Mon Calamari soloist.

As the graceful dancer moves about stage, Chancellor Palpatine recounts an old story; The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise.

This infamous Dark Lord of the Sith supposedly gained such an insight into The Force that he was actually able to influence the midichlorians to create life. Anakin becomes interested in this story after his haunting dreams of Padme’s death – perhaps this time he could prevent her death, unlike his mother’s.

Anakin asks what happened to Plagueis in the story. Palpatine says that he was murdered by his apprentice as soon as he discovered the same power. Still thinking about Padme, Anakin asks “Would it be possible to learn this secret in some way?”

"Clearly, not from the Jedi," replies Palpatine with a gentle smile.

I'm not sure I get the same implication you do. They don't give any reference points for Plagueis, however, it seems to me it was a long time ago. That's an assumption but usually when something like this is reference in these types of movies it seems like they are refering to a historical event or something long past. I'd support that by pointing out that he says PLagueis was "infamous", but the Jedi claim that the Sith have been gone for a long time.

No. Plageuis was Sidious' master. Sidious killed him, and in the novel they make a few statements to suggest Palpatine is not older than he appears. All that stuff about staying alive with the Force was changed/re-written at some point.

The whole concept is built around midi-chlorians, and how the jedi use them and how the Sith use them. The Jedi listen to them for advice while the Sith manipulate them to make the Force bend to their will.

Sidious teaches Anakin that the midi-chlorians can be controlled, even to the point of CREATING LIFE.

Anakin sides with Palpatine because he has been dreaming of Padme's death and wants a way to protect her.

Anyway, I hate the whole concept of midi-chlorians, and I hate the implication, that while IT WON'T BE DISCUSSED IN THE MOVIE, it's possible Sidious spawned Anakin with this 'unnatural' power.

Quote Originally Posted by red5angel
    I'm not sure I get the same implication you do. They don't give any reference points for Plagueis, however, it seems to me it was a long time ago. That's an assumption but usually when something like this is reference in these types of movies it seems like they are refering to a historical event or something long past. I'd support that by pointing out that he says PLagueis was "infamous", but the Jedi claim that the Sith have been gone for a long time.
    I think the implication is that Sideous, who learned the same skill, manipulated the midichlorians to create Anakin while using Shimi Skywaler as a host. The speculation that the Emperor was Anakin's father has been around for a while, but most considered it too blatant a rip-off of Episode V's revelation to actually be used in the prequels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

where is it determined that Plageus is Sidious master? In the book?

Regardless I think it's still a pretty big leap saying it implies Plageus or Even Palpatine was his father. While Schmi says there was no father, it's never explained if that was literal or proverbial. She could have been shamed into just not wanting to talk about how Annakin was begot.

i hear vaders father was jabba the hut.