Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode III (Spoilers, Questions & Answers)

Quote Originally Posted by red5angel
    Regardless I think it's still a pretty big leap saying it implies Plageus or Even Palpatine was his father. While Schmi says there was no father, it's never explained if that was literal or proverbial. She could have been shamed into just not wanting to talk about how Annakin was begot.
    Yeah? Where were you "A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away?" Tantooine getting busy with Schimi?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen
    Yeah? Where were you "A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away?" Tantooine getting busy with Schimi?
    cause you would be embarressed if jabba the hut sexed you up too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    cause you would be embarressed if jabba the hut sexed you up too.
    that would depend on how big his hoohoo is....

that would depend on how big his hoohoo is....

hey everybody! everyone! jabba sexed up redangel5!
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

where is it determined that Plageus is Sidious master? In the book?

Regardless I think it's still a pretty big leap saying it implies Plageus or Even Palpatine was his father. While Schmi says there was no father, it's never explained if that was literal or proverbial. She could have been shamed into just not wanting to talk about how Annakin was begot.
    When you see the new movie, he says that Plageus was Sidious' master. And I don't think Anakin is spawned from the Sith. I think it really is the prophecy. There is no hint that any of the Sith met his mom, and that'd just be stupid if he did.
    I have a signature.

im confused about the sith master aprentice thing. there can be only those two? will the apprentice ever become the master or only when he kills his own master. how do they expect to expand again? or is it the whole stay hidden thing and do what darth sideous did and take over?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    im confused about the sith master aprentice thing. there can be only those two? will the apprentice ever become the master or only when he kills his own master. how do they expect to expand again? or is it the whole stay hidden thing and do what darth sideous did and take over?
    The apprentice usually kills the master for a power play. The Sith are all about power and control, so when the apprentice senses a weakness in the master he'll exploit it and try to usurp the mantle.

There used to be millions of Sith. Basically, the Jedi Order was divided in half. You had one side that wanted to use the Force for knowledge and defense and one side that wanted to use it's power to force the galaxy into getting along. There was a war, and losing side was banished on an outer-rim planet called Korriban. There, they honed their darkside abilities and subjigated the indigenous populated, known as Sith, because the natives thought these exiled Jedi were gods. So, after a millenia of cross-breeding, they eventually became known as Lords of the Sith. Once Hyperdrive technology became available to them, they left the planet Korriban with the intent on purging the Jedi.

But because they are soooo power hungry, they killed one another off until only Darth Bane remained alive. He went into seclusion after the Great Hyperspace War because the Jedi tried to exterminate the Sith Cult once and for all. Darth Bane started the rule of two because he knew if there were any more than that, they would basically just kill each other off and the Cult would die out.

Using the dark side of the Force does not make you a Sith. The Sith are a particular dark side Cult.

I thought you play KOTOR? They do a pretty good job of covering all that in the game.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 03-24-2005 at 10:56 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    The apprentice usually kills the master for a power play. The Sith are all about power and control, so when the apprentice senses a weakness in the master he'll exploit it and try to usurp the mantle.

There used to be millions of Sith. Basically, the Jedi Order was divided in half. You had one side that wanted to use the Force for knowledge and defense and one side that wanted to use it's power to force the galaxy into getting along. There was a war, and losing side was banished on an outer-rim planet called Korriban. There, they honed their darkside abilities and subjigated the indigenous populated, known as Sith, because the natives thought these exiled Jedi were gods. So, after a millenia of cross-breeding, they eventually became known as Lords of the Sith. Once Hyperdrive technology became available to them, they left the planet Korriban with the intent on purging the Jedi.

But because they are soooo power hungry, they killed one another off until only Darth Bane remained alive. He went into seclusion after the Great Hyperspace War because the Jedi tried to exterminate the Sith Cult once and for all. Darth Bane started the rule of two because he knew if there were any more than that, they would basically just kill each other off and the Cult would die out.

Using the dark side of the Force does not make you a Sith. The Sith are a particular dark side Cult.

makes perfect sense now

I believe the Sith also encourage the destruction of the master by the student.

The Witches of Dathomir are an example of dark side users who are not Sith. You can also have lightside users who are not Jedi, I can't think of any good examples except the race on Horuun Kar.

Hey Masterkiller, have you heard how old the Republic is? For some reason something like 25K years got stuck in my head but I was just reading a book that mentioned that Yoda is almost as old as the Republic at 900.

Depends on who you ask.

Palpatine says the Republic is 1,000 years old in AOTC.

Obi-Wan says the jedi were the guardians of peace and justice throughout the galaxy for "a thousand generations" in ANH, which to me implies the existence of the Republic.

Starwars.com says
    The Old Republic was the Republic of legend, greater than distance or time. Before a cruel and ruthless Empire supplanted it, the Old Republic was the democratic union that governed a galaxy for thousands of years. Those who lived in it knew it as the Galactic Republic, or more simply, the Republic.
    In the Expanded Universe, you get
    With the signing of the Galactic Constitution on Coruscant more than 25,000 years ago, the Republic was born. Though history often recalls the Republic as an idyllic utopia, a less biased examination reveals numerous galactic conflicts -- such as the Hundred-Year Darkness, the Great Droid Rebellion and the Vultar Cataclysm -- throughout its reign.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

aight, figured it was just incontinuity on the part of the sources.

I'm reading Shatterpoint right now, not a bad piece of work for the most part. One of the better SW books I've read anyway. Not sure if I want to bother with the space medic series. It looks interesting but I'm not sure how interested in ER in Space I am. Mostly I just like the background of the Jedi.