Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode III (Spoilers, Questions & Answers)

Lueb,
    If you go back a page on this thread, you'll see a bunch of pictures I linked to. There's some major spoilers in there, though.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

spoilers are nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

http://www.aint-it-cool.com/display.cgi?id=19763

This guy claims to have seen it. I think he's full of crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I haven't gotten through all of it, but Vader IS the chosen one. He fullfills the prophecy when he kills Palpatine in ROTJ.

You should have posted a link to that sweet picture of Mace and Palapatine fighting.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Yeah that one. My friend and I have debated this: Does Palapatine need Anakin to help defeat Mace or does he manipulate Anakin be acting like he needs his help?

Mace, or any of the Jedi, are not in their prime because they have lost their connection to the Force. Sidious could easily defeat him. He uses the event to convince Anakin the Jedi have betrayed the Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    Mace, or any of the Jedi, are not in their prime because they have lost their connection to the Force. Sidious could easily defeat him. He uses the event to convince Anakin the Jedi have betrayed the Republic.
    I knew that he used the event to sway Anakin (along with the promise of power and immortality for him or Padme), but a good part of their fight occurs without Anakin being present. Palapatine quickly disposes of the other 3 Jedi, why not Mace?

He's stalling, waiting for Anakin to show up.

Well how does Obi-Wan defeat Anakin then if he's not in tune to the force? And from what I've read, Yoda fights well against Palapatine, but has difficulty dealing with all the force lightning and flying Senate Pods. Why doesnt' Palapatine kill him if he could?
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 03-30-2005 at 03:41 PM.

I think Yoda is powerful enough to resist even Palpatine, he is almost 900 yrs old after all.

I"m guessing the character that shows up to spill his guts to Yoda and Obi Wan is Qui Gonn

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen
    Well how does Obi-Wan defeat Anakin then if he's not in tune to the force? And from what I've read, Yoda fights well against Palapatine, but has difficulty dealing with all the force lightning and flying Senate Pods. Why doesnt' Palapatine kill him if he could?
    Anakin isn't fully trained and he's reckless. Obi-Wan is more skilled and in control of his emotions.

Remember what Vader says to Obi-Wan in EP IV. "When I left you I was but the learner. Now, I am the Master."

Yoda loses to Palpatine, although he doesn't get hurt. When Bail Organa rescues Yoda, he asks if Yoda is hurt. "Only my Pride," Yoda says. He still loses and has to book it out of the Senate Chamber before Palpatine kills him.

http://img205.exs.cx/img205/9476/story15lg.jpg

Looks pretty beaten up to me...

It's just speculation at this point.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 03-30-2005 at 09:11 PM.