Thread: Thanks to my WC Bros.

Thanks to my WC Bros.

It looks like I missed an interesting day at the forum . . lol
    Though I have no concrete proof (and everyone is innocent until proven guilty), the post that I missed and was deleted "could" have been from a disgruntled student. Someone who really wanted to learn WC but wanted to learn on his terms and is now proffesing that WC is no good and doesn't work in real combat. There was a recent incident to make me feel this way. This person has been telling his former WC brothers/sisters that WC doesn't work and WC guys can't fight. And if WC was so good why aren't there any WC people in the UFC? Anyway, I was told that some of you supported me since I wasn't near a computer today to defend myself. I don't want to get all mushy here but I want to openly thank the people that did. It showed real martial spirit. BTW, here is the Shodan, (1st Degree Black Belt) certificate that the person said I didn't have. It's really dumb to lie about accomplishments these days. It'd be too easy to expose a fraud in this information age. BTW, I had to dig really deep to find this old BB certificate from Sensei Ronald Duncan, but I found it
    http://www.free-element.com/wingchun/JJ_cert_lg.JPG
    http://www.wayofthewinds.com/
    http://www.dojos.com/duncan/
    Phil
    Last edited by Phil Redmond; 03-10-2005 at 01:43 AM.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

You know, people on this forum may have disagreements over things, but in reality it is just that, a difference of opinion. When someone chooses to teach publicly and accept all kinds of people into their kwoon to recieve instruction, all types come through the doors. Sooner or later there will be non believers or people that have different perspectives than ourselves, and they eventually leave. The real classy people will leave it at that and make no reference to the incident, or the people involved, those with no class do otherwise. I read the thread and due to time constraints was not able to reply but it was obvious what the person writing the post was exposing of themselves, NO CLASS.

James

James, you're so right. I started teaching a few years before I met William Cheung so that's at least 25 years. In all that time I've only had 3 or 4 "sour apples". I think that's pretty good considering the amount of people I've taught. I really try to be considerate and friendly to all of my students but it just seems that some people have hidden agendas and that's sad. I've had issues with three prominent WC Sifus during my 35 years in the system, but I would never disrespect them on a martial arts forum simply because I had a problem with them. Those issues are between me and them. You have to be mature enough to get over it and move on. (Disclaimer: For the women on the forum.The following might be precieved as sexist but that is not my intent)
    When my Grandmother was 96 years old she said to me. "Why is it that women can hold a grudge for a long time but two men can have fist fight and then have a drink with each other later on"? My grandmother passed away a year later but that statement made me wonder about men who gossip and hold grudges. Do they have some feminine tendencies?
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Red face

Do they have feminine tendencies???!!!

Phil....you crack me up! Ha,ha,Ha,ha,Ha,ha

Yeah....Kathy Jo is going to love that one!

Should of quit while you were ahead.

Phil-
    Old jong was supportive in that missing post. We really should stay away from
    verbally attacking persons on the forum. The missing post was extreme but there are quite a few that are also pretty bad.

joy

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun
    Do they have feminine tendencies???!!!

Phil....you crack me up! Ha,ha,Ha,ha,Ha,ha

Yeah....Kathy Jo is going to love that one!

Should of quit while you were ahead.
    Hey, my late grandmother said it, not me. I don't want to offend any of our WC sisters here. That's why I put the disclaimer
    PR
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti
    Phil-
    Old jong was supportive in that missing post. We really should stay away from
    verbally attacking persons on the forum. The missing post was extreme but there are quite a few that are also pretty bad.

joy
    You're very right Joy. This forum shouldn't degenerate into that "other" forum.
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond
    You're very right Joy. This forum shouldn't degenerate into that "other" forum.
    Phil
    Hey Phil!
    I sincerely think that it will never degenerate to that "other forum" level.We will never allow for that to happen.
    Here,we all know eachothers in a certain way.We might disagree and argue about techniques and approaches but this will never degenerate into more than that.

Funny story,

Same thing happened within my school of wing chun with the exception they were secretly studying a different lineage behind sifu's back. Then tried to convert some students and stabbed people and the back, and so on. However, the truth is they just bought into the hype of other lineages and how their new sifu hyped it up to them.

One thing I respect about my lineage and my sifu's are that they never talk down about other lineages. They never say that their wing chun is the best. They will train you to whatever degree you want to. If you want to be pushed hard and trained for full contact fighting they do that. If you want to learn as a hobbyist they do that too.

One thing I have learned being an american male, and a young male in my generation as well. Never believe the hype.
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

Quote Originally Posted by Gangsterfist
    Funny story,

Same thing happened within my school of wing chun with the exception they were secretly studying a different lineage behind sifu's back. Then tried to convert some students and stabbed people and the back, and so on. However, the truth is they just bought into the hype of other lineages and how their new sifu hyped it up to them.

One thing I respect about my lineage and my sifu's are that they never talk down about other lineages. They never say that their wing chun is the best. They will train you to whatever degree you want to. If you want to be pushed hard and trained for full contact fighting they do that. If you want to learn as a hobbyist they do that too.

One thing I have learned being an american male, and a young male in my generation as well. Never believe the hype.
    Yes, some people do martial arts for the philosophy, the health aspects, or for other reasons. Some people want to do MA for hard core fighting. It depends on what your goal is. People who have families and careers/jobs don't have the desire to commit to full time fignt training. Are they to be less respected?
    Anyone can win a fight. Anyone can lose a fight.
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr