Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Boston 4/23-4/24 The 12 Animals of Liu Ho Pa Fa

Master J. Chung Li

Dale,

I got some footage of Master J. Chung Li from an instructor in Denmark. Master Chung Li did have some amazing skill. That level of LHBF form is truly something to aspire towards.

Unfortunaltely I am not going to the festival either as Shifu Dillon is having a seminar in August and I was told by my Wife to choose one or the other. Since my main interest and point of study these days is Liu He ba fa, my choice was Shifu Dillon. If you ever have a chance to get Mark Mcgee's editorial of Master John Chung Li's commentaries on the "Chinese Five Word Song", is is definately worth the read. I feel that Shifu Dillon's "Five Character Secrets" truly compliments Master Li's comments and gives many meditations to work with.

It is interesting because I was first studying LHBF under the guidance of Shrfu Mike Patterson, but when I came across Shifu Dillon I practically stopped all other studies so as to be able to devote as much time as possible to LHBF. It seems this is what I was looking for. I hope you find it in Bagua or wherever your journey takes you. I am pretty far from where I originally thought I was going and have totally re-evaluated many things in my life.

All the best,

Ian
    www.shenlungyi.com
    Internal arts for todays world

Ian,

I will be going to the Gompa this fall add that to being in nursing school and Im way busy. The ends will justify the means in this instance.

Glad to hear you have found something you click with on many levels.

Master Li was incredible.

Luck with your training.

In Boston,

Dale
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Dale,
    You're always welcome as my guest down here in Plymouth for our Yizong bagua class on Sats.
    Buddy

Buddy,

I thank you for the invite. I will have to come down and visit with you and your people.

Where do you guys train?

In Quincy,

Dale Dugas
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

In Plymouth center on Saturdays. You could probably catch a ride from one of my students fro up there.

The description of Liu Ho Pa Fa on this page:

http://www.shenlungyi.com/waterboxing.html

is an almost exact copy of the article here:

http://www.liuhopafa.com -> Articles ->

8. An Interview with Wai Lun Choi
    Wu Gong - Journal of Chinese Martial Arts March-April 1998

Master Choi discuss his training history and Liu Ho Ba Fa principles

6 harmonies 8 methods

hmmm.....I have to agree.....actually what is on the waterboxing webpage for Shen Lung Yi martial arts was found on another page. I had asked the webmaster to be able to use the information and he agreed. At this point, after seeing this I believe I should change it a bit. I will have to get to it this weekend.
    I did not realize that these were originally from Wai Lun Choi.

So sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

All the best,

Ian
    www.shenlungyi.com

Even if you just change it a bit you should cite the original article by master Choi - so should the webmaster who put up the page from which you got it from.

I'm not personally affected by this, but this type of thing is way too rampant on the internet especially when it comes to websites about martial arts. I am not accusing you of anything and I'm not trying to be a cop. You seem like a nice guy, Ian.
    Last edited by looking_up; 05-27-2005 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by looking_up
    Even if you just change it a bit you should cite the original article by master Choi - so should the webmaster who put up the page from which you got it from.

I'm not personally affected by this, but this type of thing is way too rampant on the internet especially when it comes to websites about martial arts. I am not accusing you of anything and I'm not trying to be a cop. You seem like a nice guy, Ian.
    I totally understand that. I really appreciate the heads up though. Thanks again.

Ian
    www.shenlungyi.com