Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boston 4/23-4/24 The 12 Animals of Liu Ho Pa Fa

Cp30:)

As of the Origin of LHBF wasnt it found at Wah Shan in a cave and the origin was Daoist? I have never heard of any other non daoist LHBF but i maybe wrong. Less filling or not does it give you what you train for? Even if you had the Daoist LHBF can you do it and understand its meanings correct to get anything from it? Do they all end up with the same type of CHI Cultivations?

Soy Kuil,

Ask Sifu on the weekend, i will be at his house on Friday so ill hit him up for some questions too! I think the poem helps to keep you thinking of what you should be learning as long as the correct principles and theories are taught. LHBF was created from a dead mans book or was it.....? ALIENS!! HEHEHE

GREAT INFO
    FT

Hey FT,
    cool can't wait to hear the answers from sifu...lol
    i think we both know what they would be.

I totally agree internal is internal no matter what style . we all want the end result of powerful internal ging and chi.
    the few people i have met and known that train internal say the same thing about internal training. "No intent", just let the chi flow.

DEATH.....LOL

CVP72
    thanks for the link, the information is very interestingi have seen it before.
    Be Soft,Relaxed with no Intent and that brings out the speed, chi and power!

:)

The whole thing is are we really doing it right?

What does learning LHBF acheive within.....Long Life, relaxation, chi flow? Maybe we are all just nuts doing silly movements and its all just crap?

LOL
    FT

Quote Originally Posted by fiercest tiger
    As of the Origin of LHBF wasnt it found at Wah Shan in a cave and the origin was Daoist? I have never heard of any other non daoist LHBF but i maybe wrong. Less filling or not does it give you what you train for? Even if you had the Daoist LHBF can you do it and understand its meanings correct to get anything from it? Do they all end up with the same type of CHI Cultivations?

FT
    (In no way, shape, or form am I trying to start a lineage war...I can go to the Wing Chun forum for that

http://waterspirit6x8.tripod.com/id18.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and look at the info for the "Taoist" LHBF. This is what I was referring to when I was trying to ascertain the differences (if any) between your LHBF and others.

Hi

yEAH, thats my sifu, master Corneilus Coelho!

'Let me introduce myself. My name is Cornelius Coelho born January 1941. Father of Portuguese origin and mother Chinese. At age 15, I studied Choy Lay Fut under master Lee Chau. From the mid sixties to the present time I have continuosly taught Liu He Ba Fa. With the martial art concepts of LHBF I have successfully trained students to enter into full combat Kung Fu / Kickboxing/ Boxing competitions in Hong Kong and Australia and internationally with some success. In the late seventies I was the national coach for the Hong Kong Boxing Assn.

Due to health reasons I studied LHBF under master Lo Chi Wun in 1967 and also a rare Taoist martial art called Wun Yuen Yat Hei Cheung. Since gaining my health back I have decided to fully commit myself to perfecting the LHBF and the WYYHC and also sharing my knowledge with others. I migrated to Australia in 1985, joined the Australian Chinese Kung Fu Assn. in 1986 and was elected President in 1988.
    LHBF master Lo Chi Wun learned his LHBF from a taoist priest by the name of Ho Tim. While Msr. Lo Chi Wan was teaching LHBF in the Botanical Gardens in Hong Kong, an elderly gentleman by the name of Lee Cheung Wah befriended him. Msr. Lee commented that Lo Chi Wan's LHBF was good but still lacking. My master asked for instuctions and on trying out with Lee, my master acknowledged Lee's skill and went on to study Wun Yuen Yat Hei Cheung from Lee.'
    ....From the EzBoard Website: 'Master Connie Coelho learned LHBF and Wun Cheun Yut Hay Geun (Cantonese)WCYHG, which pre-dates LHBF from a Taosit Priest, Master Lo Che-Yuen, in Hong Kong ...after he was injured from Competiiton in Thailand and Singapore (He was known as one of the 5 Tigers of Choy Lay Fat) He was taught LHBF, WCYHG and TCM to both heal himself and to strengthen himself after he got injured. I hadn't even finished mastering LHBF so he never mentioned WCYHG to me. WCYHG, of which I have a Video, is more than twice as long as LHBF, more intricate, flowing and powerful. Even Connie says that he has never met or heard of any one who knows of WCYHG. He immigrated to Sydney, Australia back in 1980's and has continued to teach there. He is a true master of the Martial Arts as he has mastered the art, applied the Martial principles and is able to generate real power. I am sure you are thinking that the above is too good to be true. Bear with me and check it out. You may be surprised. In the meantime, I am still looking for some who may have also studied from Master Lo Che-Yuen who may have immigrated to Canada or the US.'

i forgot!

As i dont do LHBF but only Wun Yuen Kung i do get exposed to LHBF and its teachings. Many teachers come to my Sifu of LHBF and compare, so far many of the LHBF start with Taiji beginning. As Soy Kuil says he has a different start and to my knowledge its much more relaxed then most LHBF styles due to his Doaist ways and expressions. Sifu doesnt believe in intent, Just DO he always says!

Whats LHBF of yours i cant compare to my sifu as i dont know how u play it and your principles.

No lineage wars here either my friend, im not into that!

FT

What chi gung you guys have in your versions of LHBF if any and ehat are their names?

we have a long chi gung form that sifu created from the forms.

thanks.

soy kuil

The Hei gung we do are extracts from wun yuen made into a sequence for people that dont learn the actual Wun Yuen kung system but for health and chi cultivation. As you are aware the moves are simple but yet very powerful and that alone is all you really need if you dont learn the full form or actual form itself.

FT

Thumbs up LHPF Boston Seminar April 23-24, 2005 9AM-1PM

April 23-24, 2005
    Saturday 9am-1pm
    Sunday 9am-1pm

McElroy Conference Room
    2nd floor - Boston College
    140 Commonwealth Ave
    Chestnut Hill, MA 02467

$75 for 1 day, $150 for both days
    Marty Cohen
    617-233-3973
    cohenmt@bc.edu

http://www.wailunchoi.com/vids/index.html

There are alot of application clips on this page. Please download to your local computer and view them locally.

Thanks.

Thumbs up 12 Pillars of LHBF

Quote Originally Posted by Soykuil
    Oh yes, and could anyone tell me what are the 12 pillars of LHBF are. i bought the book by paul dillon and was curious as to what they refer to. are they the 12 animals?
    I am actually a student of Paul Dillon's and could help a bit on explaning the 12 pillars. The pillars and the animals are not hte same thing. The pillars are standing exercises that are quite demanding, whereas the animal forms are fighting forms. The pillars do use SOME aspects from the animal forms but are quite different in comparison. The pillars help to create channels through which internal energy can flow through effectively.
    These demanding standing postures will make you intimately familiar with the energies that spiral internally and externally.
    Traditionally speaking the "5 word song" is given prior to learning the long form of LHBF. Thus one should have learned Wai kung, chi kung, nei kung, tai chi ruler, 12 pillars, 12 animals (individual and linked forms), then the 5 word song and the long form. But then we do live in the information age. As long as you practice (I know someone else mentioned that ) the book will be beneficial to you no matter what you experience. If oyu read the book without practice than you will be lost.

www.shenlungyi.com
    Internal arts for today

Shen Lung Yi,
    thanks for the reply. So do you have other information on the 12 pillars? is a book out or can we see them anywhere on the net?

12 Pillars

There is no book or video available from Shifu dillon. I do have available a Wai kung video, a chi kung video, a nei kung video, as well as a 12 pillars video available. I will also have a 12 animals video available soon as well.
    If interested please e-mail me at

shifu@shenlungyi.com

I promise you, you will be pleased and will not regret it.

all the best,

Ian
    www.shenlungyi.com
    Internal arts for todays world

There is one book

http://www.plumpub.com/sales/bagua/bk_lhbf.htm

The above link is for a book that was edited by Shrfu Paul Dillon.

Ian, is Shrfu Dillon still in Idaho?

Thanks for sharing your material with us.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas
    http://www.plumpub.com/sales/bagua/bk_lhbf.htm

The above link is for a book that was edited by Shrfu Paul Dillon.

Ian, is Shrfu Dillon still in Idaho?

Thanks for sharing your material with us.
    And there was another called Disperse the Clouds to see the Sun, which is no longer available. Neither of these books get into the twelve pillars. Disperse the Clouds gets into the basics of the Animals though.

Yes Dale, he is still in Idaho.

By the way, how was the Dragon rolling the pearl program???

All the best to you.

Ian
    www.shenlungyi.com
    Internal arts for todays world

Ian,

That program is happening soon at the internal arts association/Chang Seng Feng festival. I unfortunately cannot attend as I have started taking my nursing sschool courses. So im up to my eyeballs in books.

I did however enjoy Dr. Painter for a whole weekend a month ago. He came up here and gave us a sneak peek at the new basics program. We worked on the incredible stuff the whole weekend. The man has some skill.

Look him up if you attend the CSF festival.

I have been exposed to John Li's Hwa Yue Taiji though one of his Boston students. Nice stuff with a lot of coiling and Chan Szu Jin.

Later,

Dale
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.