Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tai Shin Mun vs. Tai Shin Pek Kwar

Tai Shin Mun vs. Tai Shin Pek Kwar

I didn't know if I should have put this somewhere else, but I hope it's OK here.

So, what is the relation between the two styles?

Where does Paulie Zink (Tai Shin Pek Kwar) fall in all this?

I appreciate all answers

Mika
    ”The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next.” Matthew Arnold

Exercise Masters
    Potkua!
    Fen Lan Tang Lang Men

can Of Worms!!!!

Chan Sau Chung's organization used to be known as Tai Shing Pep Kwar Mun , but they dropped the mun. Paulie Zink teaches monkey style but his legitimacy is questioned. Different Lines of the same family , or Politics??
    who knows for sure?

I know about the "can of worms" but think peeps here can look past that crap. I am looking for legit info, not to start a flame war etc.

Eager to hear more. I am looking for some distinctive answers as to the differences between the two styles and their history.

Whether PZ is legit or not is a side dish. If someone knows what the situation is and why, of course that info would be appreciated

Mika

Exercise Masters
    Potkua!
    Fen Lan Tang Lang Men

Quote Originally Posted by Mika
    I didn't know if I should have put this somewhere else, but I hope it's OK here.

So, what is the relation between the two styles?

Where does Paulie Zink (Tai Shin Pek Kwar) fall in all this?

I appreciate all answers

Mika
    Practically none, except for the animal they acclaim.

Several different looking styles use the variations tai shen/ tai sing/ tai shin AND the same goes for Pek kwar.

PZ is a clown.

the short answer, Paulie Zink is a no class clown who stole text and pictures from the real people to prop up his fraud. He has no reall martial art skill and has changed his stories more times than a woman changes her mind.....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

tai shin mun won but it was a great battle I've got a clip right here
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    the short answer, Paulie Zink is a no class clown who stole text and pictures from the real people to prop up his fraud. He has no reall martial art skill and has changed his stories more times than a woman changes her mind.....
    ....about clothes.

Differences?

Nah, never mind PZ, I have heard before he isn't well respected, whether that's warranted or not.

But the differences between the two styles. I read somewhere Pek Kwar was its own style and was at some point fused with Tai Shin Mun. Pek Kwar being Hammer (Axe) Hand, it should be very different from Tai Shin Mun. Thus I would expect Tai Shin Pe Kwar be very different from Tai Shin Mun.

Does anyone know from experience?

Mika

Exercise Masters
    Potkua!
    Fen Lan Tang Lang Men

From my understanding.

Tai Shing Pep Kwar
    means
    Monkey Style , Axe Fist

Axe Fist is a complete system onto itself , but was incoorporated into the monkey style as fundamentals training.
    Another aspect of monkey boxing is another system called Daitang or Grand Eath , which has alot of tumbling and falling movements.

these two style comprise the basics of the system.
    the Monkey aspect with regards to tspk is not that much at all. There are very few monkey forms in comparison to the basics.

Which would probably explain why people buy those tspk videos and think they're getting a monkey form, and wonder why the forms they see on the tape look nothing like a monkey

Tai Shing Pek War is still a different Monkey style than Tai Shing Men.

The Monkey of Tai Shing Pekwar was developed in like the 1700's if I am correct. The Tai Shing Men was developed 650 AD. They are two totally unrelated styles patterned after Monkeys as far as I know (Like North and South Mantis).

That pretty much cocludes my knowledge of the subject.

I think Sifu Abel has done both though, so he might be better to compare.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Starchaser107
    Tai Shing-Pep Kwar
    means
    Monkey Style , Axe Fist
    Actually I think it means great sage axe hook.
    Each style is complementary. They both use monkey as an acclaim animal . It mostly seen in the footwork.

Thumbs up

ok thanx
    do you know why it's called great sage but is associated with monkey boxing?
    cause hou means monkey right

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt
    my meager understanding of the translation of dai sing pek gwa is "great sage chopping rising"; the first two refers to the Monkey King of Journey to the West fame (hence the connection to monkey style), the latter to two key fighting principles of the style - basicaly go down and come up, I guess...I've learned but a thimble full of the style (and my hat's off and scraping low to the floor to those who manage to make it their primary calling), so am hardly in any position to say anything definitively - (although I do roll around on the floor and scratch myself rather well, but that's just a typical Saturday night)

Ross, where are ye man? - be this not the case? back me up if so...tear me down if not

What he said,ditto.