Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The White tiger and white eyebrow systems

the biggest part of the equation is whatever style you learn are you really learning?

1- does the person teaching you actually know the correct stuff?
    2- if the person who is teaching you knows the correct stuff are you they actually showing it to you?
    3- finally if being taught the correct stuff by a person who knows the stuff are you really practicing?

without those 3 things its all just stories,ego,politics with years wasted.
    [i]Originally posted by [Censored]

And I would never ever train at any cult school with a "wall of shame".

yo Dale! nice to see Steve Cotter in your list of links. i've been a fan of kettle bells for about 3 years and my bjj sifu in HK just got certified through Steve. that dude could be considered a freak of nature, unless one actually learns kettlebells!

other than that, i think some of these styles people like to compare against LUNG YING, PAK MEI, and WING CHUN must be scrutinized. don't grant lineage when it isn't due. pak mei is tied bloodwise to dragon before Lam and Cheung so anything beyong this is suspect in my opinion. and the more i find out in this regard, the more i will commit to my memoirs, heh. i f'in HATE to see Hakka Tiu performed outside HAKKA arts. sorry, sidetraked there, but maybe SOMEONE was readin it.

egos and politics are for kung fu men. nobody wants to be number 2. so, we keep arguing about who and what is the best. and when we do fight, all hell breaks lose and nobody really finds out anyways because knives and and guns don't need skill to kill.

if you want to prove it, do it in a sporting ring and disassociate yourself from a true lineage or find yourself outside the ring trying to see if you really do have guts and kung fu. and that's why our HAKKA arts are dying out or becoming washed out. sad but true.
    East River Dragon Style, Lam Family
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

I agree with you about the fu. Way too many people are mouthboxers and never prove that they any skills at all.

Steve is a friend and also a great source of knowledge on Kettlebells and martial arts. Both of which I train... Love my big iron balls....
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.