Thread: Kuoshu fighting tournament in Madison, WI

Kuoshu fighting tournament in Madison, WI

Hello all!

Tournament will be held in Madison, Wisconsin on Saturday 5/21/2005.

We just updated the site with some more information on the event (rules, venue, etc...).

I was wondering if you guys could give me some input on what you would like to see presented on the tournament info area to make things easier for everyone.

This is the site:

www.zykfa.org

Then go to "Kuoshu Tournament Info" (bottom of the sidebar)

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by SaekSan; 04-14-2005 at 02:26 PM.
    USKSF North Region: www.usksfnorth.org

We just added a Kuoshu discussion board.

Click the link for 'Message Boards" and go to the bottom "Other Boards"

Thank you again.

Just added links to pictures of approved and non-approved equipment.

Once you're on the "Kuoshu Tournament Info" page scroll down to the equipment area and click on the examples.

This should make things clear as to what is proper equipment and what is not.

Thanks again for the interest.

Oh, and remember, if your're planning to just watch make sure to say check in with me, I'll be hosting a Brazilian BBQ party at my place and all Kuoshu participants are invited, so come to fight and stay for the food... and beer.

Quote Originally Posted by SaekSan
    Just added links to pictures of approved and non-approved equipment.

Once you're on the "Kuoshu Tournament Info" page scroll down to the equipment area and click on the examples.

This should make things clear as to what is proper equipment and what is not.

Thanks again for the interest.

Oh, and remember, if your're planning to just watch make sure to say check in with me, I'll be hosting a Brazilian BBQ party at my place and all Kuoshu participants are invited, so come to fight and stay for the food... and beer.

mmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm! fightin', food, and beer! Perfect! I'm there!

I want to take a moment to publically thank Saeksan for the skillfull and professional execution of today's event.

The Koushu fighting was fantastic, and the competition really put thier heart into the event.

Thank you Saeksan! I had a great time both competing and afterwards. You are truly a strong positive force for CMA, a generous friend and host, and a top caliber shifu!

Mike Caughey aka Siuhung

Can we see pictures of the Lei Tai matches?
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Thank you so much for your kind words SiuHung!

You showed much skill and power, so much so that he gave one contestant a black eye through the Kuoshu helmet!

Good to hear you enjoyed the Brazilian BBQ, it was a great way to celebrate the event, I'm still recovering.

The competitors were great and they all abided by the rules set, I was really impressed with the skill that was displayed by all. Looks like next year we're going to have more competitors, lots of people came to check it out and said that for sure next event they'll be there. It really was a display of quality over quantity and you were one that showed that quality my friend. Much respect to you Sifu Caughey!

Some numbers for those interested:

16 competitors
    13 fights
    12 volunteers
    10 officials
    7 weight divisions
    3 belts awarded
    over 100 spectators

Cerebus,

We will have pictures of the event soon on our site www.zykfa.org we are also working on a video to upload to the site as well so keep an eye out for it.

I'll have more updates soon.

Thank you

Nelson

Wow sounds like you had a great event...congrats! Congrats to everyone that competed too...can't wait to see the pics...
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

Results...

Hey Akhilleus!

Thank you, it was a great event and tons of fun. Lots of exchange and friendship.

Here's the results:

-Womens division (all weights)
    1st place Katie Cerniak
    2nd place Rachel Spahr

-Super-Light weight division (under 55 kg - 121.25 lbs)
    1st place Andy Grindrod

-Middle weight division (65.1 to 70 kg - 143.31 to 154.32 lbs )
    1st place Tim Riordan
    2nd place Ted Sawyer

-Middle-Heavy weight division (70.1 to 76 kg - 154.33 to 167.55 lbs )
    1st place Max Osterhaus (Belt winner)
    2nd place Doug Iding
    3rd place Richard Logan

-Heavy weight division (76.1 to 82 kg - 167.56 to 180.77 lbs)
    1st place Seth Finlayson (Belt winner)
    2nd place Matt Griswold
    3rd place Will Sadkovich

-Ultra-Heavy weight division (88.1 to 94 kg - 194.1 to 207.44 lbs)
    1st place Robert Clark
    2nd place Tom Sandora

-Infinite weight division (over 94.1 kg - 207.45 lbs)
    1st place Jim McKenzie (Belt winner)
    2nd place Bart Lane
    3rd place Mike Caughey

We had no major injuries, mostly because everyone was very aware of the rules and they all conducted themselves like true honest athletes in pursuit of a challange. We did have a few cases of "very sore' ribs from roundhouses and knees, one black eye, one bloddy nose (no break), a "twinge" on a knee which the fighter decided not to risk (good call), a few knockdowns (no serious concussions) and a nice goose egg on someones shin

All in all it was a great experience for all involved!