Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TLC: faking it - kung-fu fighter - tonight 3/18

Heh, heh. "Harry Wong". I hope he went to high school in China, 'cause that would be a tough name to have while attending a U.S. school... .
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Thumbs down

any show with david carradine in it has to be good, LOL
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    Please forgive me, I actually know Ms Rothrock and, gasp, I was old enough to have seen her compete, but what does the know about FIGHTING?

"how to be a forms champion" OK
    " how to pose for some sexy semi=ma related pics" OK

but "how to be a fighter"????

Cynthia Rothrock: Forms
    Don Wilson: Fighting

They always go in a pair to me.
    Plus, they didnt really teach him to fight (in hopes of him becoming a good fighter). He did some sparring to build up confidence and get a little understanding that MAs are not just forms...they mainly did it for confidence for the test.

Then again...thats probably what you were stating.

Overall, it wasnt THAT BAD....but it was rather funny at times.

I liked the ending, actually. He seemed to really enjoy it, so he went after the feeling.

What I didnt like was how corny they made it :P I dont watch reality shows that often, so I dont really know if they are all like that...but thats what I found so amusing. It seemed like a kids show that wanted to be for adults

Plus the fact that he cried because of what the lady said...That felt over-dramatized to me. Then again, the entire thing was.

Quote Originally Posted by PaiLumDreamer
    Plus the fact that he cried because of what the lady said...That felt over-dramatized to me. Then again, the entire thing was.
    Very much so.

What got me were the other "Martial Artists" they put him up against. None of them were impressive. The one that had "11" years experience I expected to atleast show alittle snap and power. She had none. She was just placing technique.

They kept whining about his lack of flexibility, but never did they show him really actually doing a decent stretch.

I watched it expecting to get a good laugh. I got what I expected. For the guy to come in off the street and try I've got to give him credit. Other than that, it's typical "reality" television with no reality anywhere to be found.

-Will
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman

the whole point was to pass him off as a martial artist not to make him a martial artist.

cynthia rothrock still has a nice bum for a lass her age.

the most hilarious part is that he has now moved to so cal to pursue a career as a martial arts instructor.

omfg, is all i gotta say about that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

lkfmdc

I think they selected Cynthia Rothrock not because of her ability to fight , but because of her acting skills, basically her knowledge on how to fake it.

Or because she has a nice butt!
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

I know I've seen it in 3-d She autographed my trophy a few years back.

Oh yeah, she got a serious booty!!
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

****! I missed the show.

If I were him I wouldn't move to SoCal. There are many real sifu's out here. He'll be better off in redneck Idaho or something where they don't have any clue of CMA.

i think he has a chance of reaching that goal. didnt we all kinda start out that way? its all about dedication to the art.

I did not see this program, but if this man has any form of decent intelligence then I am sure he is going to cali to persue his career as an instructor with the idea of studying for a few years first, and then hopefully becoming and instructor. Of course we all know about becoming and instructor after a "few" years of study, but it would not be anything new. Good luck to him and more power to the ranks of martial artists.

Anyhoo, How was his sidekick?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    WTF does she teach, anyway? I mean, they do a Chinese bow to enter the school, but use Japanese terminology (she called herself 'Sensei'). Her students wear GIs, but they use wushu broadswords....????
    What's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    WTF does she teach, anyway? I mean, they do a Chinese bow to enter the school, but use Japanese terminology (she called herself 'Sensei'). Her students wear GIs, but they use wushu broadswords....????
    Last pics I saw of her she'd hooked up with Steve DeMasco's USSD stuff....

I guess having him as the "authentic rep of Yong Xin" carries weight??

I saw her in the early 80's at the Battle of Atlanta. All I could do as a preteen TKD'r was drool... still do kinda, but that's due to age now...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.