Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much do you train?

How much do you train?

I train 45 min. 3x a week but I can also stay afterwards for 30 min. Since I'm stuck in youth training, the hours aren't too good.

Weights 2xweek, 80mins each.

karate = classes randomly dispersed amongst school and work. Still train 4 times a week, not counting classes, for about 1.5-2.0 hours a time.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

total time, maybe 6 hours a week right now, not counting breaks.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Due to work, family matters and other stuff;

Only on the weekend, there are big blocks of time of several hours for me.

Most of the time is drilling the basic skills over and over.

Every day, maybe at least 25 min Qi Gong or breathing exercise and meditation. 45 min basic skill practice.

Make the best of the time as the best I can.

At school for about 7 hours a day, then it's off to Kung Fu for about 2 hours from 6pm to 8pm. Then the 1 hour and 30 minute (sometimes 45) commute home by taking 2 subways and a bus. Arrive home at about 9:30-9:45pm, and subsequent weight lifting, ab-crunching, and push-ups for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Now it's about 11-11:15pm and I take my 15 minute break in the day. And finally around 11:30pm I start to go over forms from class and/or anything new I learned for the next 2 hours. At about 1:30-2am I hit the bed and get my rest. And at 8:30am it's time to go to school again.

I do this 5 days a week. My MA school is open 6 days a week but by the 6th day my muscles are usually completely broken down.

This schedule leaves time for no extra cirricular stuff school stuff, friends or relationships, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

on a normal schedule i train 3 or 4 times a week for about an hour.

when a tournament or some MA event is coming up i tend to train every day for a couple hours. right now i'm training that way for a tournament in May.... i just have trouble keeping up that intensity for very long without feeling "burnt out"

2-3 times a week for 2-3 hours I attend classes. I train at home when I get the chance.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Not enough!

Class time of 4 hours a week. I get another 4 hours on my own right now. I've put on some weight after my knee surgery that I need to drop and get my wind back, but I haven't found more time to train with my work schedule right now. I'm getting there. . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

class time 3 hours 2-3 times a week. Another 2-3 hours a week training on my own. I make sure to do some kung fu every day.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

1 hour when I wake up, and saturdays for 6 hours. 3 of it is class time, the other is sparring.

Working too much now...I hate getting downsized.
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

I train more than Vash and SevenStar combined.

strike!

**** I hope you still have time to do cardio.
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

Quote Originally Posted by yenhoi
    I train more than Vash and SevenStar combined.

Posting in the JKD forum doesn't count as training time.

BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

On a good week 8 hours dojo, 3 hours gym. On a bad week 0 and 0.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

heavy week - up to 15 hours on everything from forms to mma, to bagwork, hard conditioning, sparring et al.

medium week - 6-8 hours of same

light week - 4 hours

At the very least, so long as you're getting in a couple of hours a week without breaks longer than 48 hours in between you will progress.
    Kung Fu is good for you.