Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter
Mo Lung, I am sorry if you were offended by the post, but I was being frank. If what I wrote was not true, then I am wrong. However if I wrote was was true, then I am being honest. I know many people who make their own products due to economicall reasons. Now if I was poor or cheap which I was back in my college days, then I would no doubt make my own make shift exercise tools. But make no mistake, you can make your own beers, sodas, or whatever but it will never be the same quality as the original. Perssonally, I am not against home-made clubbells, but if you want to go deeper, heavier, and have safe CST workout, then it would be "ideal" to have the real thing. Ford, is right Sonnon had recommended a make shift clubbell for those who could not afford it and maybe he deleted the intel on how to make one because of economical gain? I dont know, but it is a business and he aint selling crap in my opinion when it comes to clubbells.
I wasn't offended because the post wasn't directed at me. I just pointed out that it was offensive to call someone cheap when you know nothing about them.

As for homemade clubbells, if you want to try out the exercises and see if it's something that might work for you, why not knock something up at home and give it a try? Just load up one end of a dumbbell for example. You shouldn't have to spend a heap of cash every thime you want to try something new. Then invest if you like the concept and want to take it further. Or just carry on with your one ended dumbbelss if they're working for you.