Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: so I watched a UFC fight last night...

Wing Chun should not ride on the coat tail of one man that has adapted other systems to fight

Hey Phil, I see you are a Sifu lets keep it real do you have any video's of your students just using Wing Chun to fight. We need to stop looking for people to uplift our system and start doing it ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Samson
    Hey Phil, I see you are a Sifu lets keep it real do you have any video's of your students just using Wing Chun to fight. We need to stop looking for people to uplift our system and start doing it ourselves.
    Yes, I do of my NY students. If You'd like to see WC in a tournament there are clips of Victor Palati's student using WC to fight in a tournament right here on the forum. BTW, I think I know who you are by your questions and your writing style. Have a nice day.
    PR
    Last edited by Phil Redmond; 05-04-2005 at 01:36 PM.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Hi to all,
    Sami here, just using bro's username.
    Just like to say aswell that i take my hat of to wingchun. Even though in many of my fights you might not see anything resembling it, i say the sensitivity drills, and all the moves helped my hands learn to think for themselves. Any other techniques that were explained to me from other styles i as able to get a better understanding of the angles and momentum.
    I was able to enter Fights with grappling involved with no grappling backround. It taught me improv,lol

by the way as for the delta lineage. My sifu had a number of different teachers and made some mods. to it.
    Not to say classical or any other is more or less, or that anystyle is better than another. I would say that each serves different people in different ways.
    Enjoy training,
    BGOOD!

No co-sign there fella's

Sami-

Thx for the update just now got around to reading it. Your wing chun training interests me. Its good to see someone with your attitude and background in the ring. A lot of TCMA guys get talked smack on because they cannot fight (or according to the general public they cannot fight), and MMA is the new apparent way to go.
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man