Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SHAOLIN COWBOY (the comic)

SHAOLIN COWBOY (the comic)

Not sure if anyone's heard about it but Geoff (the guy how did the visual designs for THE MATRIX and a bunch of other comics) Darrow. has producted a comic called SHaolin Cowboy. it's pretty wacky and fun with some AMAZING art...

Issue 2 is out but I'm sure with a little effort issue one can also be found.

anyone else check it out?

got any art samples?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

How 'Once Upon a Time in China'
    looks readable
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Yeah it's pretty funny.

The first issue was a bit slow.... more about the art which, if you've never seen it before, is top notch.

The second issue is pretty 'effing hilarious!!!

I'd say pick up the 2nd issue... if you like it you can pick up the first for the sake of completion.

well thx for the heads up. definatly worth checking out

Award Winning.

For those of you who keep track of such things... Turns out our pal Geof Darrow won and Eisner Award for Best Writer/Artist of 2006 for his work on Shaolin Cowboy.

Congrats . . .

awesome

Issue 6 was a real horror show. I'm still not sure how SC got there from where it started, but wow, what a dark vision!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

They were swallowed by the giant reptile that rose from the ground in issue 5.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.

Lucky Numbers 11, 8, 39, 46, 5, 17

don't like it much

it's cool but if you want some great kung fu action just check out hk comics, man there books are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick
    it's cool but if you want some great kung fu action just check out hk comics, man there books are awesome.
    Yeah, I guess Geoff Darrow's style isn't for everyone... hahah. I've only read Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon from HK Comics. I would definitely like to check out what else they have.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.

Lucky Numbers 11, 8, 39, 46, 5, 17

Shaolin Cowboy: The Movie

according to VARIETY. Universan has tapped Circle of Confusion to work with the Wachowski siblings on "Shaolin Cowboy," an animated feature written and directed by Geof Darrow.

IMO, when it comes to martial arts comics you can't go wrong with Andy Seto. CTHD is great. So is The Four Constables. Ma Wing Shing is great too.

I love Geoff Darrow's stuff..... Hardboiled is still genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    IMO, when it comes to martial arts comics you can't go wrong with Andy Seto. CTHD is great. So is The Four Constables. Ma Wing Shing is great too.
    yeah seto is amazing....