Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun Kung Fu brethren........

jojitsu27 Guest

Wing Chun Kung Fu brethren........

Hi,
    My names Jojitsu, I am a wing chun sifu and practitioner of wing chun for 10 years, I also study brazilian jujitsu and have an amateur boxing record of 15-2.
    Any Wing Chun guys on this forum?
    Lets get some Wing Chun discussion going!
    Whats your favorite technique from Wing Chun that you feel is most street effective?
    I have personally used Biu Sau many times and find it a most excellent technique when it comes to simultaneous attack and defense.
    I like to use it to parry and strike simultaneously while out zoning my opponent.
    -jojitsu27

Hey, Jojitsu!

I study pien san/gulao wing chun under Sifu Stanley Jue in Cambridge, Mass.

I don't know about the best technique for street fights, but lately I've been having great luck with a simple pak sao, elbow combination.

Welcome to the forum!

------------------
    Peace.
    Reverend Tim

HappyPuppyF Guest
    I study Wing Chun (William Cheung's Lineage) under sifu Brian Lewadny.
    I've also been doing some free-style wrestling, along with some greco-roman wrestling for the past 2 1/2 years.
    I've never been in a street fight, but with the few sparring sessions I've had with some friends, I personally find that a
    tan sau/fist combo works fine for me.
    Welcome to the forum JJ27!

PS
    I'm looking for a good BJJ or S h o o t o school (Prefferably s h o o t o)
    If you know of any place the lists schools, please tell me of them.

------------------
    GRRRRRRRRR
    WOOF WOOF WOOF
    RUFF RUFF RUFF
    AWOOOOOOOOOOOO

Water Dragon Guest
    Ha Haaa!!!
    Did Tony Torres scare you off the other board.

Welcome to the forum Jo. Hey, there's some good people here with some good knowledge, but there's a WHOLE BUNCH of round eyed Chinese people too if you know what I mean. I'm sure I'll see ya around the boards. Late

------------------
    Although there are many styles, they all depend on the strong beating the weak and the slow falling to the quick. These are not related to the power that must be learned -- Taiji Classics

Longquan Guest
    What happened with the ninja and the barrel?
    J/K

LEGEND Guest
    I trained with SIFU Julian Sawyer...
    I think wing chun and BJJ can go hand in hand...I have since made the switch to MUY THAI/BOXING...I no longer have WING CHUN assesible to my area...sucks!

El_CLap Guest
    Hey! I study Wing Chun. I've studied under a few people. My current sifu is from the Wang Kiu lineage. The times I've used Wing Chun I've never needed anything more than a pak sau and then straight to the chain punch. Most people just aren't ready for it.

Sihing73 Guest
    Hello,

I study Wing Chun Oringinally under a student of Augustine Fong then Leung Tings people, did some time with Sifu Chung Kwok Chow and now train with someone of William Cheungs lineage. Over all I have found the methods to be pretty much the same with slight variations.

As the most effective technique in a street fight I would have to go with a Taun Da with either a slight sidestep or a slight forward step. Of course it all depends on what the opponent is giving me as there really is no "best" technique.

Oh, my best technique is walking away [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Peace,

Dave

jojitsu27 Guest
    Great, Wing Chun men of all lineages! We should have some good discussions!
    BTW - I am under Jiu Wan lineage, my instructor being a disciple of Francis Fong AND his wing chun brother Jason Lau.

HappyPuppy: where do you live? Let me know and I will find out from some bjj friends what is in your area.

Sihing73: Great technique! We should all keep in mind that walking away is ALWAYS the first and best option!

Good to hear from you guys, keep Wing Chun based posts coming! Any training questions or questions on technique comparison from other Wing Chun lineages, I love that sort of stuff.

-jojitsu27

Longquan: LOL! The ninja from the ashidakim forum that was scheduled to fight me in the NHB matches in May backed out! I guess he was just pulling my chains all along! Oh, well, maybe someday I'll be able to fight a ninja master!!!LOL!! But look for me in competition soon, I have decided to really get in shape for the ring. I will let you know when I have any up and coming fights.

Water Dragon: Good to see you on another forum! Tony didn't scare me off, I just decided to expand my horizons alittle and check out the kung fu forums!

HappyPuppyF Guest
    The Southern Alberta Region. Calgary, to be exact.
    Chances are that I'll probably just keep the schools for references. I want to build a better foundation in my Wing Chun before I branch out.
    I'm thinking that my wrestling is good enough for now.
    The help is appreciated, though.
    Thanks.

------------------
    GRRRRRRRRR
    WOOF WOOF WOOF
    RUFF RUFF RUFF
    AWOOOOOOOOOOOO

benny Guest
    hi i do ving tsun (wc spelled different) from the Wong shun leung lineage,through Barry Lee i live in australia and my best technique is the punch.
    i just wanted to ask if anyone knows of any good wing chun books, i have heaps but most are for people who have no idea.good to see a new face,lol.
    the more you sweat in peace
    the less you bleed in war

DragonzRage Guest
    Hehe first me, then water dragon then you jo. Looks like I started a trend of migration from the JKD forum to here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

~Max (the Dog)

Benny,

If you don't have it already, Complete Wing Chun by Rene Ritchie and Robert Chu is a GREAT book. History and descriptions of all kinds of various wing chun flavors...lots of information on non-Yip Man lineages. Definitely worth buying.

------------------
    Peace.
    Reverend Tim

flavour54 Guest
    Hi Benny, I study the William Chueng lineage here in Australia and I must agree with the Reverend in book choice.

------------------
    "take the pebble from my hand"

benny Guest
    THANKS I ACTUALLY HAVE THAT BOOK I LIKE HOW IT SHOWS LOTS OF DIFFERENT LINEAGES OTHER THAN YIP MANS, RENE RICHIE ALSO HAS A GOOD BOOK ON YUEN KAY SAN I BOUGHT IT AND THERES SOME DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES WHICH IS ALWAYS GOOD TO CHECK OUT, IF ANYONE SEEN ANY BOOKS ON LINEAGES OTHER THAN YIP MANS PLEASE TELL ME
    THANKS IN ADVANCE
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN PEACE
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN WAR