Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Who's going to Berkeley CMAT this year?

kisu is a good guy, he is confident and assertive and it shows in his success in the martial arts business, he earned his way to success, I was very priviledged to meet him in person. he is now honorary member of womatonian inner sanctum.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

It's always nice to hear of forum members connecting.

Anyone else joining Kisu & me tomorrow at CMAT25?

Sorry I've been so quiet here this week. I've been super busy with a special project which I'll share more about later, or with anyone I see over the course of this weekend.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Lokhopkuen & I got challenged. srsly. By the same dude.

Such things happen at martial arts gatherings. But in such cases, what happens there, stays there. If you were there, you probably know. If not, well, maybe we'll share if you ply us with drinks (or nachos).

Pix coming (but not of the challenge).
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Such things happen at martial arts gatherings. But in such cases, what happens there, stays there. If you were there, you probably know. If not, well, maybe we'll share if you ply us with drinks (or nachos).

C'mon, Gene! It's not fair to leave the story hanging! How about I 'will' nachos to come your way?

I know. I'm a tease.

ConfuseUs seh "never reveal secrets on the promise of nachos"

Sometimes, you just got to be present at the tournaments to see stuff go down. Even forms tournaments elicit fights outside the rings, in the hallways.

Meanwhile, I've started posting pix on our facebook site. See our new facebook album: 25th Annual Chinese Martial Arts Tournament.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

gene if u had sponsor me I could've pretend to be u and fite hims

instead I spent weekend rasslin fat iranians

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

May the Universe bless my temper🤦*♂️ I was about to kick a hole in that moron but then I looked over at 60 + witnesses ha ha ha! I've gotten older and I imagine a little wiser. Cash me outside habadao😉🤣🙀
    It was great to see you brother Gene. I had such a great time in San Francisco!! I saw so many of my kung fu brothers.

The Denver Kung Fu scene is really small and everyone knows well everyone lol. For those of you that have never met brother Bawang, he's really cool people and a true badass. Bawang we need to go and eat some more tasty foods my friend 😁
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

GM Live 2017: Cal Wushu Team

Cal Wushu @ KUNG FU TAI CHI 25TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL

CMAT 26 is scheduled for Saturday, March 24 to Sunday, March 25th, 2018 for the 26th, 2018.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Roll call for this weekend

Anyone else going to be there this year? I'll be there.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

CMAT 26 Trailer

26th Annual Chinese Martial Arts Tournament at UC Berkeley.
    March 24 - 25, 2018.
    http://cmat.calwushu.com for competitors, spectators, & volunteers.

Footage credits:
    Matt Choi, Kalon Wang, Kevin Roldan, Nathan Andrus-Hughes
    Song: Darkness Dueling [Chrono Trigger remix] by LunarHeart
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

pix

I'll be posting photos from me and Gigi on our facebook album: The 26th Annual Chinese Martial Arts Tournament

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Some more coverage

Almost all of these photos are ours, poached from our facebook album, some of which I just posted this morning.

中华武术之花盛开美国校园--记美国伯克利大学第26届中国武术锦标赛
    2018-03-27
    中国武术在线钱承飞、王子彬摄影报道:3月24-25日(美国时间),第26届中国武术锦标赛在美国加州大学伯克利分校举行,来自于美国各地的420人参赛 ,其中包括来自美国65所不同类型的武术学院学生。大赛首次引进了最新的国际武术比赛规则,旨在推广传统与 现代武术,增强美国武术运动员在国际武术比赛中的适应和竞争能力。据大赛主席方国璇介绍,这是美国历史最悠 久的武术赛事,也是美国西海岸最大的武术比赛之一。今年有少林拳、南拳、太极拳、刀、枪、剑、棍等超过75 种不同类型的武术项目,参赛者最小年龄为4岁幼童,最大年龄的是75岁老人。其中有85人参加太极类的各项 比赛,参赛者热情之高是前所未有的,可见他们对中国武术兴趣浓厚和热爱。现场全体裁判员都是义工,没有任何 报酬。世界太极冠军高佳敏、邹云建和美国少林寺文化中心释延然法师等人带领的武术团队参赛并取得了优异成绩 。24日晚上,来自美国和中国香港等地的武术名师在现场表演了咏春拳、洪拳、太极拳、蔡李佛拳和少林功夫等 精彩节目,专程从中国香港而来的影视功夫明星赵志凌现场表演的洪拳、美国武术队世界锦标赛散打总教练李亿元 的散打、太极名家谢伯宁的太极剑和武术名家伍伟杰的八卦等节目获得现场美国观众的阵阵掌声和喝 彩声。

据记者了解,美国加州伯克利大学连续26年举行中国武术锦标赛都是由本校大学生校队全程组织完成,所有的工 作团队人员都是志愿者,他们在武术名师方国璇的悉心指导下,层层推进武术比赛。在校一拨又一拨的学生传承“ 接力棒”从来没有停止过,年复一年地成功举办了中国武术锦标赛,不仅提高了美国大众的身体素质,还扩大了中 华武术的传播面和影响力。他们表示:在未来的几年里,要继续保持和推进武术运动在美国发展的势头,让中国武 术成为美国更受欢迎的国际体育项目。

左为世界太极冠军高佳敏

左一为本文作者钱承飞、左二为美国功夫太极杂志社社长简琪,右二为影视功夫明星赵志凌,右一为美国少林寺文 化中心法师释延然
    Googtrans:
    The Flowers of Chinese Martial Arts Are in Full Bloom in American Campus--The 26th Chinese Wushu Championships at Berkeley University
    2018-03-27
    China Wushu Online: Qian Chengfei and Wang Zibin have reported that on March 24-25 (U.S. time), the 26th Chinese Wushu Championships were held at the University of California, Berkeley, with 420 participants from across the United States, including from the United States. 65 different types of martial arts college students. For the first time, the competition introduced the latest international martial arts competition rules, aiming to promote traditional and modern martial arts, and enhance the adaptability and competitiveness of American martial arts athletes in international martial arts competitions. According to the contest leader Fang Guojun, this is the oldest martial arts event in the United States and one of the largest martial arts competitions on the West Coast of the United States. There are more than 75 different types of martial arts programs such as Shaolin Boxing, Nanquan, Tai Chi, Knives, Guns, Swords, and Sticks. The minimum age of the contestants is 4 years old and the oldest is 75 years old. Among them, 85 people participated in various competitions in the Tai Chi class. The enthusiasm of the participants was unprecedented, showing that they have a strong interest in Chinese martial arts. All umpires at the scene are volunteers and have no pay. The martial arts teams led by world champion Tai Chi Gao Jiamin, Zou Yunjian, and Shi Yanji of the American Shaolin Temple Culture Center participated in the competition and achieved excellent results. On the evening of the 24th, martial arts masters from the United States and Hong Kong, China performed live performances such as Wing Chun, Hong Fist, Tai Chi, Cai Li Fogong, and Shaolin Kung Fu. The movie Kung Fu star Zhao Zhiling made a special performance from Hong Kong, China. The Hong Quan, the United States Wushu World Championships Sanda Chief Coach Li Yibing of Sanda, the Tai Chi master Xie Boning's Tai Chi sword and martial arts master Wu Weijie's gossip and other programs received applause and cheers from the American audience.

According to reports, the 26 consecutive Chinese Martial Arts Championships held by the University of California, Berkeley, were all completed by the college student team. All the team members are volunteers. Under the careful guidance of martial arts teacher Fang Guofan, they promoted the martial arts layer by layer. game. The “relay” has never stopped for students who have been sending in and out all over the school. The Chinese Wushu Championships have been successfully held year after year. This not only improves the physical fitness of the American public, but also expands the spread and influence of Chinese martial arts. . They said: In the next few years, we must continue to maintain and promote the momentum of Wushu development in the United States, making Chinese martial arts a more popular international sport in the United States.

Left is the world Taiji champion Gao Jiamin

The left one is the author of this article: Qian Chengfei, the second left is the president of the American Kung Fu Taiji Magazine, the second is the movie star Kung Fu star Zhao Zhiling, and the right one is the teacher of the American Shaolin Temple Cultural Center Shi Yanran
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Finished facebook photo posting

267 photos posted at The 26th Annual Chinese Martial Arts Tournament.

There will be a full report in our next issue, on newsstands May 29 2018.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

SUMMER 2018 Kung Fu Tai Chi

READ The 26th Annual Chinese Martial Arts Tournament at U.C. Berkeley By Gene Ching in our SUMMER 2018 issue.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

It's CMAT time again. Roll call?

Hope to see some of you there this weekend.

They've added some Songshan Shaolin divisions, similar to what we started last year with the Songshan Shaolin division at the Tiger Claw Elite KungFuMagazine.com Championship - Event #204 (Shaolin Tongbi Fist), Event #205 (Shaolin Dahong Fist), Event #206 (Shaolin Luohan Fist), Event #222 (Shaolin Short Weapon), and Event #242 (Shaolin Long Weapon). Perhaps this is in honor of Songshan Shaolin Day this Thursday?

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips