Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun vs Wing Tsun

yenhoi Guest

Wing Chun vs Wing Tsun

What are the real differences.

:eek:

strike!

old jong Guest
    As far as I know,they use a 100% back leg stance.Their bong sau is used in a reactive way only.They teach a so called anti-grappling system and the wing Tsun spelling is a trade mark.Beside all of this,it is wing chun with the same forms and techniques.Like in any martial schools the quality of the teaching will greatly depend on the instructor...Whatever they say! ;)

Les paroles s'envolent.
    Les écrits restent!...

yenhoi Guest

and?

:)

100% back leg. (Why exactly?)

Bong-sau purely reactive?

strike!

old jong Guest
    Why that stance?....I don't know! It's their thing! I guess they feel it's better in some way.Maybe someone in WT will explain.
    Reactive Bong sau?...I heard they consider that motion a reaction to a force only or an involuntary move.Someone punch you and his move push you in bong sau. Again,a WT guy could explain a lot better than me.I may be wrong all the way! :eek:

Les paroles s'envolent.
    Les écrits restent!...

yenhoi Guest

some info

found some 'good' info here:

web page

Articles on Wing Tsun, and Emin Boztepe by a guy named Ray Van Raamsdonk.

Thats if anyone besides me was interested.

strike!

cobra Guest

Reactive bong sau

How do you guys use your bong sau?

Train Harder!!!!!

tnwingtsun Guest
    >Their bong sau is used in a reactive way only<

Wow,our attacking bong-sao is reactive? :confused:

old jong Guest

Tnwingtsun

I got this bong sau thing on the Leung Ting tape!...As it been modified since? :confused:Anyway,if you say you have an attacking bong sau,I guess you're the expert,Not me! ;)

Les paroles s'envolent.
    Les écrits restent!...

dedalus Guest
    I don't know about the Wing Tsun rationale, but in bagua we are backweighted to keep the front leg safe from sweeps and kicks and also to maximise groundforce (the vectors work through the back leg).

Most wing chun fighting stances aren't actually double weighted and pigeon-toed (like in SLT), right?

tiger_1 Guest

hi my friends

wing chun vs wing tsun :two diferent roads allmoust opponent style from my oppinion. but that wing tsun tho dnt have BEIMO inside is just like street fight ,im mean is must go to real road of master WONG CHUN LEUNG or is just ... - just friendly and just my oppinion tiger_1 ;)

/

tnwingtsun Guest

Old Jong

>I got this bong sau thing on the Leung Ting tape<

The one that has the "I am wrong" tee shirts??

>I guess you're the expert<

No I'm not,but at times I have fancied the notion

of being a champion under water basket weaver! :D

BTW,congrats on your new school ;)

iblis73 Guest

Differences?

I've trained in wc and wt. WT puts 100% weight on the rear leg to that the front leg can kick with ZERO telegraphing. Its been my experience that it takes longer to master but the results are better in the long run.

You are right, I was trained that bong sau is not only reactive but shouldn't be held for more than a fraction of a second. Basically a bong sau is a transition to a punch.

Its also been my experience that it was a softer sytle than the wc stlyes I've experienced.

It is not a very "reactive" style but more "proactive" if that makes any sense. I much prefer their responses to the wc ones....
    ...that being said, there are some sad WT practitioners out there (and a few instructors.) But hey, whats new?

old jong Guest

tnwingtsun

Yes! I got that from the "wrong" t-shirt! :D Beside,it was a very funny thing to put that guy there.Everybody should put some humor in what they do like that! ;) You know that I dont care about schools differencies.As long as you can make your own thing work for you,It is good and valid to me.
    I think; everything has some good and some bad depending on how we look at it. :)

Les paroles s'envolent.
    Les écrits restent!...

tnwingtsun Guest

Old Jong

Dittos :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

Phil Redmond Guest

Wing Chun vs Wing Tsun??????????

Wing Chun,Ving Tsun,Wing Tsun are the same system. Just different romanizations. The Chinese characters are the same. Rumor has it that some Hong Kong Wing Chun sifus started to use romanizations other than Wing Chun because Hong Kong, being under British rule, used the British term WC for water closet (bathroom). They didn't want their system associated with a bathroom.
    Granted, WC sifus have their own takes on WC, but it is still Wing Chun, which is the proper Cantonese pronounciation of the Chinese characters all use for the system. A native Chinese (Cantonese) reader will only read, Wing Chun. Period.
    Phil