Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ray Pina wants to fight

Ray Pina wants to fight

and he's every angry no one one wants to fight back! All takers except for professional venues. Internal or external practitioners makes no difference. $500 on the outcome of the fight is appreciated but not required. PM Ray Pina with all enquiries!

How's that Ray?

Well, I prefer to do my own talking and be a little more polite and modest .... more of the, "I'm putting some things together now and would like an avenue to test my materials before 'going out" officially, blah, blah, blah" .... but you captured the main points.

However: $500 is required ... no gloves or gear ... and I want to film.

Did everyone at the NY Throwdown put up $500? Go bare knuckle?

Where's the film evidence?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

ooops! sorry I thought the 500$ was optional.

Oh also - KFM does not support the phenomena of internet challenges or those internet challenges that actually get followed through with. If you want to fight Ray, better to email him and leave KFM out of it, right Gene

also, notice Ray that I said you were angry! this works two ways, either they really think you're angry and hence are scared OR they think you are angry and will not have good control. sort of a win win situaton if you ask me.

Red, you looking for a percentage?

MK, the throwdown took place and I filmed. The info was posted on Bullshido.com. I was kind of expecting something else but all in all I learned and had fun and no one got hurt though there was a little blood

As for footage I'll only post footage of me getting owned -- which I wasn't that day. God willing, by the end of the year I'll have a nice collection of footage. I'm investing in a Canon dig video and a Mac tomorrow so I don't have to borrow from friends anymore.

PS

This whole thread is kind of silly and making me feel self conscious but I am serious about it.

I was invited to the Throwdown so I didn't even mention money -- especially since it was at someone else's school. Just not right. And, if someone really wants to fight to test out their stuff and seems cool, of course money will not be an option.

Ray,

I do hope that if I ever see you in NYC (I'm toying with the idea of coming up and meeting some of the KFMers before I leave the east coast) we can try each other out in a friendly way.

I don't really want to pay $500 to anybody, and my goals don't revolve around that sort of thing....like I said - I know EXACTLY what I am - a combative sportist - nothing more, nothing less.

However, I'm certainly amenable to filming.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Warning Ray, make sure ou and MP are not in a raised ring otherwise he'll use his deadly, slipping out of the ring technique!!!!

Sheesh Ray, If I ever get to NY again I'll e-mail ya. No money need be involved, just a learning experience, some fun, and maybe a beer afterwards.

I'm curious to hear how the super-secret shoot defense worked out for you. I take it from this quote

Gumby, thanks for the ground work. You're very good at what you do. I really need to learn how to handle you guys on the ground -- you guys have fantastic transitions.
    that you spent some time on the ground?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

MasterKiller, if you REALLY want to know. At first I played his game, we started on the ground. I captured his head in about .5 seconds and held onto it for about 2 minutes straight .... the whole time I could've been feeding him fists.

I am not a locker, so with time, like about 2 minutes, he escaped. He tried to get an arm bar and I rolled into it. At this point my elbows could've been flying but he did something cool with his legs and streched me and made me tap.

We played again on the ground. This time I trapped his arms and simulated striking. Switched traps, more simulated striking. I felt him getting frustrated and in his defense he wasn't expecting that so we went back to just grappling and he made me tap.

Than we did MMA rules starting from standind and seperate corners. I played first with a Hung Gar guy (if you read the post you saw the teacher said he didn't want to fight because I was bigger than him, but then offers his 300lbs student to me). He tried to shoot (they actually fight nothing like hung gar and are MMA already, taking a tai stance and shooting) and could not, me capturing his head. They didn't want to play full, so I had to hold my knees.

Than the BJJ guy who won graplers quest. Popped his face at will pretty much, opened up his lip. He shot a few times. Most of the times I just captured his head and he'd still keep coming so I'd push him out. One time it bothered me that he didn't see, so I captured his head and simulated no less than 5 knees to his unprotected face, but he still kept trying .... that was the one exchange he got me down and eventurally made me tap.

All in all, I feel very good about the exchanges. I would face any of the men from that day in full contact NHB fighting. The last take down and submit happened because I was committed to throwing the knees but yet could not land them, so I'm in a bad position.

This only makes my point more clear. These guys like to grab you but don't want to eat a full elbow or knee to the face. I woke up early, drove into the city and sat around for an hour for these guys so I figured what the hell. Even being submitted though, I thinkI did pretty well. This is a guy who just won advanced no gi Grapplers quest. I hung in there playing his game.

I only post this here because I don't think they haunt these joints and I don't want to offend. If they do disagree, I have video.

And MasterKiller, it's funny how you quote me giving him face, but don't quote him saying, "I was blocking his punches with my face .... and I was the only one who was bleeding."

You ask for "evidence." We are martial artists here. I'm not talking smack. I get back from a surf trip and my boys ask how was it, and I say, "Ay, about 6 to 8 feet with some funny wind but it was staying open." Because they surf, they can visualize what it was already .... they know.

I post the throwdown was fun, but not what I was expecting and noone got hurt .... to me, a fighter, that = nothing but joking around. Who wants to see video of that. Quite useless already.

MP, I would be honored. I like you, you're a smart guy. Obviously educated and trained.

Let me know when you're coming. In fact, if you're doing an NYC trip or conmsidering one, I have a great date for you:

LOL! So a bullshido throwdown is apparently about grappling and a little bit of striking? All simulated?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina
    And MasterKiller, it's funny how you quote me giving him face, but don't quote him saying, "I was blocking his punches with my face .... and I was the only one who was bleeding."
    I used that quote because it was directly related to my question about your super secret shoot defense. It's not "funny" that I used it. It served my purpose. Busted lips aside, if you hit the ground, you hit the ground. That's what I was curious about.

Of course I know playing light is a different game. That's why I asked.