Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which kung-fu style is usually most dominant

Which kung-fu style is usually most dominant

Hey i kno i kno everyone says u can be good if u practice hard enough in anything but i just want to know what kung-fu style is more dominant; because the fact that some kung fu is really.. simply better then others like i saw on the discovery channel that majority of the southern soldiers usually beat up northern soldiers in spars but I want to know what kind of kung fu because I want to take one of the best ones

This is a very loaded question, are you trolling, cause that's what it sounds like?

3.0 out of 10
    dazed and confused

You're trolling Gong Fu is weak.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

wow....you people are really pessimistic aren't you..

hmm... maybe thats why out of 5000 members we have at most 100 regular posters.

to answer your question. there isn't any dominant styles of kung fu. some styles are more popular than others tho. i can name wing chun, praying mantis, many shaolin derived styles, bagua, taichi and xingyi, are reaally popular nowadays... uum.. choy lay fut and hung gar are a couple other extremely popular southern styles along with wing chun. longfist, jeet kune do...chinese wrestling has had an upsurge of interest because of mma for example.

i really suggest that you just find a good teacher and stick with an art that you like. forget all this talk about whats more popular and whats not. some arts are popular because of their quality but thats not the case most of the time. there are many other factors and reasons. geography, politics, famous fights, luck... it could have very well likely ended up being any number of styles that became more popular than they presently are, and most arts were at some point in time. your more likely to end up in a mcdojo if you follow that line of thinking tho. we would all be practicing tkd for instance if popularity was the deciding factor.

you can only punch and kick so many ways. worry about becoming the best and not what art is the best.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by ChinoXL
    Hey i kno i kno everyone says u can be good if u practice hard enough in anything...
    Think you need to practice harder at typing the whole word. It my seem cute, but it is hard too read. Bad spelling is one thing, but deliberatly misspelling...

That being said... My spelling-fu sucks.

But I have to agree with my favorite degenerate. Don't matter what you study. You don't practice, it looks bad. You don't spar, you loose. Has nothing to do with the style, though there is some impact if you and your teacher don't mesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Modern Wushu is best. Go with modern Wushu. You even get to wear cool silk uniforms.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

I'll say Baji Quan is one of the most dominant Chinese style.

Quote Originally Posted by Becca
    But I have to agree with my favorite degenerate.

aww...sniff sniiff *wipes tear from eye* i feel so loved...sniff

aww thanks becca. if ever your in new york the first round of brew is on me. your cool with me too, no doubt and i hafta respect any girl that can kick my non-training ass lmao

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

I must have spent 10 whole minutes Rolling with lauphter after seeing your screen name the first time! Gotta respect someone with that kind of honesty...
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

lmao you have no idea....

you know its funny. the more honest you are...with yourself and with people. the more insane people think you are. it really does put a weight off of you tho. all that mental/social baggage... i dont complain. but now everyone i know officially thinks im a crazy bas.tard.... lol u cant win.

maybe a lil eccentric is what is say....
    Last edited by FuXnDajenariht; 03-29-2005 at 03:55 AM.

thank u wandering monk for one of the few ppl who answered my question .. thanks for flaming me u flaming ****s jk well its hard pickin a "right" kung-fu style becuz there's over a couple hundred styles and all made by man; wouldn't u agree that some would be better then others?

Your welcome, and no. If that were the case then untrained yokles would never win, but they do. it is the fighter, not the style.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinoXL
    thank u wandering monk for one of the few ppl who answered my question .. thanks for flaming me u flaming ****s jk well its hard pickin a "right" kung-fu style becuz there's over a couple hundred styles and all made by man; wouldn't u agree that some would be better then others?

He is not a troll I don't think. Scary as it is, that is an example of our youth today. Everytime I see this, I wonder who is going to be running the country when us old people die. No way can I see someone like this running a nuclear power plant or flying an airplane.

Dood. They are making fun of U becaz U are using |33T speak. Text messaging and I33T speak look stupid. It is fine for using with friends or other people who speak like that or on a cell phone where you have to. In a place where people use complete words and thoughts? It makes you look like you are mentally slow.

That and the gangsta lingo make people call you troll. That braggodocio talk like you are a hip hop rapper is only cool with the guys at school. It is posturing and baboonish. Indicating your knowledge of kung fu is based on a Discovery Channel documentary is like a big sign over your head saying "Kick Me. I are NooB".

Hmmm

I really am hoping that the modern Wushu statement was a joke, because that is precisely what modern wushu is, its a total joke.
    You can learn that if you want but if you want a martial art for fighting knowledge and practical application then please, please, please avoid wushu.
    Instead of wushu it would be more effective to take up tango or salsa lessons, and they even look better.

It's hard to say which is the best, because the art is the pallette and the practitioner really is the only one of painting the best picture.
    The reality is that if you train hard enough in your repsective style you can accomplish great feats if thats what you want.
    It seems you subtle problem is you're confused with what you want from martial arts. If you want to make yourself fitter then so many arts can provide that, and if you want to become a fighter then again so many can take you to the level of being highly accomplished.
    If you want it for spiritual reasons, then I will take a stand here and say arts more than others can provide that aspect more clearly than others.

Your gong-fu in your respective art will be as good as you want it to be.
    Ultimately experience is everything and only by trying out a few different arts will you might be able to take the next step in complicitly dedicating yourself to acheive what it is you want from it.
    If something is missing don't fall for the !If I go for the best style all my prayers will be answered, all my problems will dissolve" because it just doesn't work that way!
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith