Thread: getting back my tai chi

Wink getting back my tai chi

there was no tai chi school where i lived, I studied some shaolin, from an instructor, but before you know I only knew tai chi from practicing alot of books, videos and magazines( and it did pay off some what, i definatly wasnt a waste of my time) after i started taking tha shaolin, the teacher left, i didnt feel i had a grasp of the basics. I started missing Tai chi chuan. I found a school doing "secret yang style" a combat form of Yang family different from the traditional I believe its something from the yang family other then what Yang Cheng fu, taught. anyways, Iam glad, because I missed tai chi, my fa-jing isnt good at all, because i havent been practicing the things that develop it, (hadnt had any time) but now I will be back...

Ya'll remember my frist post here, I was a tae kwon do student, suggesting that wing chun, and Tai chi should be merged together. and man did ya'll came down on me. lol, time flys by fast.

Quote Originally Posted by dre_doggX
    there was no tai chi school where i lived, I studied some shaolin, from an instructor, but before you know I only knew tai chi from practicing alot of books, videos and magazines( and it did pay off some what, i definatly wasnt a waste of my time) after i started taking tha shaolin, the teacher left, i didnt feel i had a grasp of the basics. I started missing Tai chi chuan. I found a school doing "secret yang style" a combat form of Yang family different from the traditional I believe its something from the yang family other then what Yang Cheng fu, taught. anyways, Iam glad, because I missed tai chi, my fa-jing isnt good at all, because i havent been practicing the things that develop it, (hadnt had any time) but now I will be back...

Ya'll remember my frist post here, I was a tae kwon do student, suggesting that wing chun, and Tai chi should be merged together. and man did ya'll came down on me. lol, time flys by fast.

you can always merge your own arts into your own personalised effective style. just take what you think works and is also simple, like bruce lee.

Lots of people out there "teaching" combat tai chi. Most of it is bolloks.

Just because its tai chi does not suspend the normal rules of effective combat training. If your not doing things against a resisting partner, your not learning "COMBAT" tai chi.

Go in, look for the bull ****, then consider exactly what is being taught.

Also. What is secret yang? Secret from who? Why is the secret bit better than the rest? If its secret and its valuable, whys he going to give it to you? If its secret, how can u tell if its real or made up?

One way or another, dont go back to learning from books! Just keep an open mind and see if you can sparr with the teacher.....thats always a good start.

Lots of people out there "teaching" combat tai chi. Most of it is bolloks.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?