Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there any foods that can raise your level of chi?

I got a smelly ghost lingering aorund my house.

yea it does seem a strange concept but this is more of the religious taoism rather than the whole lao tsu philosophy. You would be suprised to what extremes the religious taoists actually went to for there search for immortality.

craig

Quote Originally Posted by threetimes

I got a smelly ghost lingering aorund my house.
    could you please inform us through the gradual enlightenment method on the nature of your spirit's being and reality? it's characteristics? it's root mean square velocity as it moved passed your rectum and into the native air? it's personal essance?
    and what makes it immortal, if indeed it is?

Foods to enhance chi etc.

Greetings,
    For my first post. I have been interested in foods that would be usefull
    and complementary to internal martial arts.The best book so far that I have come
    across (recomended by my acupuncturist) is "Recipes for Self Healing" by Daverick
    Legget,this book explains The perspectives on nourishment- The sources of nourishment- Meridians and Organs- The substances- Yin and Yang- The Climates-
    invasion and Defences. It then gives many recipies, to balance and heal. The book is avaliable from Amazon,etc. Hope this is of some help. Regards John Codd(Qigongjohn)
    Last edited by Qigongjohn; 05-28-2005 at 03:10 AM.

Pollen -in all its forms...

a story and a lesson:

this week i had to harvest my bee hives because the worms succeeded in killing off my two hives. (kind of moth larva that looks like bee larva but eats bee larvae.)

i had two hives: american honey bees and african bees. both hives were wiped out and i only recovered about 2 gallons from each hive. a hive box can contain up to ten gallons.

because its so hot where i live the honey is stored with a little more water in it than elsewhere in the country which makes it nice for sweetening tea and cornbread. instead of heating it like i normally do to pastuerize it i left it raw and only filtered it to get the wax and propolis out. due to the kind of digestive acids used by the moth larvae some wax was so small as to be unremoveable.

i have not been able to find any information on what protiens/carbs are used in the formation of bees wax but my chi levels are just through the roof. i suddenly have flexibility that i never had in the past. any of you health nuts know anything about this kind of affect? is it a result of the moth larvae's mouth or back end? has the powder moth paid me a visit?

Here's one

Virgin boy eggs. Follow the link for a vid.

Urine-soaked eggs a spring taste treat in China city
    By Royston Chan
    DONGYANG, China | Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:40am EDT

(Reuters) - It's the end of a school day in the eastern Chinese city of Dongyang, and eager parents collect their children after a hectic day of primary school.

But that's just the start of busy times for dozens of egg vendors across the city, deep in coastal Zhejiang province, who ready themselves to cook up a unique springtime snack favored by local residents.

Basins and buckets of boys' urine are collected from primary school toilets. It is the key ingredient in "virgin boy eggs", a local tradition of soaking and cooking eggs in the urine of young boys, preferably below the age of 10.

There is no good explanation for why it has to be boys' urine, just that it has been so for centuries.

The scent of these eggs being cooked in pots of urine is unmistakable as people pass the many street vendors in Dongyang who sell it, claiming it has remarkable health properties.

"If you eat this, you will not get heat stroke. These eggs cooked in urine are fragrant," said Ge Yaohua, 51, who owns one of the more popular "virgin boy eggs" stalls.

"They are good for your health. Our family has them for every meal. In Dongyang, every family likes eating them."

It takes nearly an entire day to make these unique eggs, starting off by soaking and then boiling raw eggs in a pot of urine. After that, the shells of the hard-boiled eggs are cracked and they continue to simmer in urine for hours.

Vendors have to keep pouring urine into the pot and controlling the fire to keep the eggs from being overheated and overcooked.

Ge said he has been making the snack, popular due to its fresh and salty taste, for more than 20 years. Each egg goes for 1.50 yuan ($0.24), a little more than twice the price of the regular eggs he also sells.

Many Dongyang residents, young and old, said they believed in the tradition passed on by their ancestors that the eggs decrease body heat, promote better blood circulation and just generally reinvigorate the body.

"By eating these eggs, we will not have any pain in our waists, legs and joints. Also, you will have more energy when you work," said Li Yangzhen, 59, who bought 20 eggs from Ge.

The eggs are not bought only at street stalls. Local residents are also known to personally collect boys' urine from nearby schools to cook the delicacy in their homes.

The popularity of the treat has led the local government to list the "virgin boy eggs" as an intangible cultural heritage.

But not everyone is a fan. Chinese medical experts gave mixed reviews about the health benefits of the practice, with some warning about sanitary issues surrounding the use of urine to cook the eggs.

Some Dongyang residents also said they hated the eggs.

"We have this tradition in Dongyang that these eggs are good for our health and that it would help prevent things like getting a cold," said Wang Junxing, 38. "I don't believe in all this, so I do not eat them."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Oh nice

There are no foods that raise chi but as someone stated, there are foods that are 'warming' and those that are "cooling". Additionally, the nutritional quality of foods have decreased to the extent that they come in cans and that is what many people consume. Too much fast foods, too much fat so better to increase types of foods that can be prepared in the home therefore more nutritional content to provide energy.

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    There are no foods that raise chi but as someone stated, there are foods that are 'warming' and those that are "cooling".

Normal vegetables may not be very powerful but there so many herbs that can also be used in Chinese recipes for strengthening qi such as ginseng, shanyao, huangqi, ...

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Virgin boy eggs. Follow the link for a vid.
    I don't think so. It can 滋阴降火(nourish yin and reduce fire) and I haven't seen anything about it in the classics regarding strengthening qi. However as it is cold people who have spleen qi deficiency or any kind of yang deficiency should avoid it.

eat whole foods.
    don't eat processed foods.
    don't eat white sugar or white flour and don't consume dairy products.

Keep plate rations to 1/3 -1/3-1/3
    protein/carbs (complex preferably)/fats (clear preferably)
    Drink a lot of water.
    Don't drink pop. get your sweets in fruit form.
    Be a teetotaler and if you want to drink alcohol, be moderate.

This will provide you with all the source energy you need.

diminished qi is caused by putting garbage into your body and forcing your body to deal with the garbage you've shoved in it.

you can do that when you're young, but only for so long.

This is more or less the natural diet of an average human being that has access to diversity in foods.

Chi building is done by living. It reduces as we approach death and then is lost from the corpse and redistributed as physics dictates energy not be lost when matter changes.
    Kung Fu is good for you.