Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Wooden Dummy

if you lived in great britain we'd say from pagoda imports over the web, they sell good quality dummies from £350.
    Ecce nunc patiemur philosphantem nobis asinum?

what transcends the buddha and the law? Cakes.

"Practice is better than Art, because your practice will suffice without art, while the art means nothing without practice." - Hanko Doebringer, 14th century

I love immortal

I got a immortal brand recycled resin dummy and I love it. It works just as well as a wooden one and won't break down over time and the base is small (the base that fits around the botton of the post) and very sturdy (it fits in my room in my mobile home).

While I was at college first semester I took it to my wing chun school and let people use it their, since then i've taken it back home though.

My sifu liked it and said that is the kind he will get when we get a new dummy.

I think the price is $650-$700.

I think immortal's web site is something close to this but i don't remember. www.immortal_usa.com ?. i'm not sure thought.
    when hands stick to hands there is no place to go.

Wooden Dummy

For those of you looking for detailed plans......

check user name KENSVINGTSUN on Ebay. I just bought them. Awesome Plans lots of details w/ training advice. They're only 2 bucks!!! From the looks of the ad he trained traditional VT with Moy Yat. I talked to him a couple times through e-mail; seemed like a nice guy and pretty knowledgeable. Here's the one I jsut bought - item Number - 3695829511

Hey, Ken. Sounds good. Will he/you send it on the same day that I order it?
    Tai Chi is

WC Wooden Dummy

sorry posted in the wrong forum earlier..

that is the correct height for the WC Wooden Dummy?

Thanks

Are you asking what height to mount the dummy?

or, how tall should the trunk of the dummy be?

(are you building one, or just mounting it?)

As for mounting, IMO, it should be mounted so the arms of the dummy are at your arm/chi sau level.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

I would just build the dummy to match your size. Sink into your stance first. Make the top a couple inches abouve your head. Arms line up to your arm pit height.

THanks for all the info,

Wooden Dummy

Hi...can anyone recommend a good place to purchase a wooden dummy. I was told that Koo Sang makes very good dummies, however they no longer do that.

In addition, I am looking for a traing partner in Los Angeles, CA.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Al

A direct disciple of Yip Man later years, in his 80's now who lives in Rosemead, Ca. is still making Mok Jong, but is very pricey though.

welcome to the board.

Make your own. I did. Here's how I did it.
    http://www.mccarriedesign.com/wooden_dummy/
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Hmmmm

Some of those pics look awfully familuar.

Interesting that my post got deleted.

OK... I'll repost. The dummies located at the link that designsifu provided in my humble opinion are not very good. I have used them and can honestly say that you can get better quality with exacting specifications according to family lineage and so on at http://www.wingchundummys.com/Index.asp or http://www.woodendummy.net/

I do not work for these companies so please do not think I am trying to sell them on you. In the end it's your choice. If the admins here however have a vested interested in the link designsifu provided then I would think they should take pride in their dummies and not be afraid if someone brings up another competing manufacturer. Like the pride we take in our martial arts..... only the fearful get worried if another school opens up down the street.

This is after all a forum for sharing knowledge and experiences. My opinions should not threaten the admins personal choice.

Thank you
    Last edited by leejunfan; 09-11-2006 at 09:10 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu View Post
    Some of those pics look awfully familuar.
    Hey, I didn't even know that my article was published yet. COOL!
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/