Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So I'm hunting mice in my living room with a BB gun today

the only good thing about Texas and beer is it's cheap and you can buy it just about anywhere. I remember I bought 6 1$ Mickey's 40 ounce bottles from a gas station outside of houston when I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by red5angel
    the only good thing about Texas and beer is it's cheap and you can buy it just about anywhere. I remember I bought 6 1$ Mickey's 40 ounce bottles from a gas station outside of houston when I was there.
    You really haven't experienced Texas beer, then. There's lots of really good microbrew here, and Shiner rocks. But then again, you're the one buying 40 oz. Mickey's, so that probably says volumes about your taste in beer.

While we are on the beer subject, and I'm sure a boxer would want us to honor her memory by discussing beer....

I'm going to Souther Illinois this weekend, and the brewpub in Carbondale I usually hit up is closed now from what I understand(the pub isn't, but the brewery is). Where I'm going is about half way inbetween Carbondale and Paducah, KY. I know there is a brewpub in Paducah, has anyone been there, is it any good? Are there any other beer recommendations for the regions?

-Will
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie1
    You really haven't experienced Texas beer, then. There's lots of really good microbrew here, and Shiner rocks. But then again, you're the one buying 40 oz. Mickey's, so that probably says volumes about your taste in beer.
    The Mickey's was because 1 - it was 1$ and 2 - it was that, lonestar or a couple of other crappy American Pilsners. That night was about getting drunk if you know what I mean.

As for not knowing beer in texas, I spent plenty of time drinking beer in Texas and I try the local brews whenever possible - explains why I even bothered to try lonestar :P and I stick with my earlier comment. you guys do a mean steak and potatoes but I'll stick to Bass when I'm there

Well, I can'tfind any more mice to shoot, I think I got them all. As a back up, I put down glue traps too, but I haven't caught any in them.

I think the problem is solved!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Oh, I love the direction this thread derailed too!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    Oh, I love the direction this thread derailed too!
    Yeah, but what do you expect? A frat house style thread about shooting mice with a BB gun is going to lead to BEER everytime!

-Will

I live in kansas city, we have a nice micro brew called Boullevard.

They are only served in like 12 states or something like that. Its pretty **** good beer, I like their unfiltered wheat, their stout, and their seasonal irish ale.

http://www.blvdbeer.com/

If you are ever in the KC area you can tour their brewery and even sample beer.
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

Gangster, cool thanks. The friend I'm going to visit has been to KC before and talked about some of the microbrew, I'll ask him if he's been there.

-Will

Lol!!

----------------------------------

For the Women:

+ = & a

are you gonna meet up with your boy toy this weekend, since he didn't show last week?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

First, this reply is to another silly thread I started, as a moderator, I think you should be able to repy in the corect thread. This threads is about beer, and shooting mice.

But, to be gracious, she's comming back Friday fom vacation, and promised to set it up for me this comming weekend.

For the Women:

+ = & a

What to drink (beerwise) in Texas

http://www.saintarnold.com/

http://realalebrewing.com/

The Bitter End is good, too! Nice call. I usually hang out at the B-Side when I'm in there. I'm at the Draughthaus (on Medical Parkway) a lot more often though.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    So I'm hunting mice in my living room with a BB gun today
    I've done that too. Except it was in the kitchen with a pellet gun.

The mouse story...

In college I had 3 female roomates and we lived in a roach infested rat trap apartment. The place was full of mice, and we'd trap about 2 or 3 every week. Being the one guy, I was the designated mouse disposal person. Also, being a guy, I had to find a way to have some fun at the same time. So I usually put the dead mice into old fast food containers, pizza boxes, chinese take-out cartons, etc. and I'd toss them over the balcony into the adjacent park for the bums ^h^h^h^h unfortunate homeless individuals.

One night, during finals week, all my roomates start whining and whimpering... "There's a mouse in the kitchen!", "Ewwwww! I hear a mouse trying to get through the wall!", "I smell mouse! It's yucky!", "I'm scared! Get the mouse!"

I'm all, "Come on. It's only a mouse. Just go study!" Of course that doesn't work, and I have to go on a mouse hunt in order to get some peace and quiet in the apartment.

So I get my butt off the raggedy couch and go to the kitchen. I turn on the lights, and all the roaches scuttle off to their hiding places and a mouse zips off across the counter and down inside one of the burner openings on the electric stove.

Ok, I figure I'll roast his ass and I'll be done. I turn on the burners and wait for him to come running out from the stove. And I wait... and I wait... Nothing. No flaming mouse, no mouse screams. Just tiny little mouse sounds from inside the stove.

Ok, I know how I'll get him. I pull the stove out from the cabinet so I can see wtf. I find the fiberglass insulation around the oven is full of mouse tunnels. Apparently, not only does the mouse hide out in the stove. It lives inside the oven insulation with the rest of its mouse family!

Now my roomates are all freaked out, and nobody is getting any studying done. I finally realize what I have to do. I turn off the kitchen lights, tell the roomates to stfu, leave the stove hanging halfway out from the cabinets, and wait there in the dark with a pellet gun. Sooner or later, Mickey would get curious, and I'd snipe him when he poked his head out to take a look.

Later was 20 minutes. I hear some scratching noises. And in the dark, I barely can see him peeking out to check if it was safe. I give him some time to get confident, and finally I have a clean shot. BLAP! on the side of the head. He does a little dance, and keels over. Now I can put the stove back and tell the roomates to stop freaking out so we can finish studying.

I think this one went over the balcony inside a McDonalds bag

p.s. I don't recall any beers involved.
    Last edited by -N-; 04-07-2005 at 11:14 AM.

LOL!! Mine didn't do anything. an 8 pump BB gun, pumped up 12 times sent the bb right through him clean. He was dead instantly. One second he was sniffing the peanut butter jar, next split second he dropped like a rag doll, and that was that....except the peanut butter jar shattered. I probably shouldn't have used a glass one ehy?

For the Women:

+ = & a