Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is San Shou??

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster
    How DARE you challenge my version of history?!
    lol...............

when a daddy really loves a mommy..

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc

Listen, I don't tell Ba Gua people how to circle walk, why don't you arm chair experts not post about San Shou when you don't know what you are talking about

Testify Brother David! A- Men! AMEN! *stamps feet* *raises hands*
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

boy im glad I dont own any furniture.

There is a san shew class at my kung fu school 3 times a week...I have pleaded and emplored the owner to please put an end to this class time and again...it breaks my heart to see the ancient temple techniques degrade into low-level kickboxing...while I achieve lethal combat efficiency and spiritual bliss through my forms practice, I sadly watch the instructor make the students more aggressive and cause chi blockage by hitting pads and actually hitting one another!...the wearing of boxing gloves inhibits the use of internal force...furthermore, the rules make san shew very unrealistic...for example, if a san shew expononent attempted to throw a jumping side-kick at me, I could simply squat down into a buddha pose and smash his reproductive organs, which I, as a Shaolin exponent, would not do...I would simply touch his genitals lightly for one fleeting moment, to let him know that indeed I could have indeed killed him...furthermore, the san shew class at my school seems to have discarded all weapons training, so its like, umm, what do you do if somebody comes at you with a baseball bat? What our san shew instructor doesn't realize, is that sparring is meant to test/confirm combat efficiency, not to train it...
    Last edited by Akhilleus; 04-04-2005 at 07:46 PM.
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster
    How DARE you challenge my version of history?!

uh MP, are you alright? forget to take your medicine today?

uh MP, are you alright? forget to take your medicine today?
    Sorry. I was channeling Fu-Pow for a moment.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

in a nutshell:

san shou= chinese kickboxing

the end
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Dang...I wrote my last post real late last night...looking at it again this morning I can't believe how bad my troll-tsun (ha ha get it, as opposed to ving tsun?) has become...I will now go watch an episode of "the sopranos" as an act of self-contrition...
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

The Wire is superior to The Sopranos. And Deadwood is looking pretty good, too.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

i must add... "the shield" owns them all.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt
    I couldn't agree more - if you don't believe me, you can see for yourselves what proper training without ever engaging in something as unseemly as physical contact can achieve:
    http://www.roxburytaichiacademy.com/...netic%20bb.wmv
    WTF?

heh heh.. I took this shot maybe 2 or 3 years ago during sparring session for san shou.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho
    san shou = Chinese kickboxing + throwing.
    I stand corrected.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I couldn't agree more - if you don't believe me, you can see for yourselves what proper training without ever engaging in something as unseemly as physical contact can achieve:
    LMFAO!!!!!

WTF!!!! I want to punch everyone in that video.