Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Woman killed in boxing match

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword
    just because i dont feel that women are really designed for fighting doesnt mean that i think that they are the or a weaker sex. just because i feel this way doesnt mean that i think that they are weak you IDIOT.

jesus h fuking christ on a rubber crutch
    I don't think anyone was made to have their head bludgeoned continuously for many minutes. My theory is that those with superiority complexes are adept at getting the "sheep" to beat, compete and kill each other off, and this is most apparent in a sport like boxing where what makes us human, our brains, is attacked repeatedly until some mental or physical deficit occurs.

Sure boxers are consenting adults, but they have been given a "better" option than being poor and a nobody and a hefty prize to claim if they get real good at "damaging brains". Boxing is just human dog fights or sanctioned sadism at its worst.

The founder of White Crane was a female who could kick a$$. Women can be made into warriors just like guys can. Yes they have less bone density, muscle density and overall strength -but- they are often smarter, quick, flexible and have a high pain tolerance.

A female lion may not be as **** diesel as a male, but they can still take care of business. I've known some cj=hicks who knock most cats the f-ck out!

Dudes are tougher though .
    The morrow beckons...

I must reiterate,

Yes, it's a scientific FACT, compared to a man a woman is built at a physical disadvantage. However, a womans mentality..... oh man. Don't EVER question it when it comes to the ability to fight. When they flip the b|tch switch it's on. I've sparred against women that have gotten a high off it, they get aroused. When you can see tit through the bra they are standing to hard, something's going on in there head and I know it's not my good looks.

-Will
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman

so all the sexist hippies are in agreement then? Women are weaker and shouldn't be fighting ever?

Willow Sword, I challenge you to back up even half of your claims scientifically. We all know in general men are stronger then women, but we're not talking a competition between men and women, we're talking about competition between members of the same sex and in a sport setting usually of a similar skill level and size/strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Yue
    I agree with you on a couple of levels. The average woman is not as strong nor can she easily get as strong as a man her size. Bone structure is generally more delicate... so on and so forth.

That said, this was boxing, not a streetfight. She's fighting a female opponent who is relatively equal in size and strength. She had trained for a time, from the article it appears she may have been away from training for a couple years before deciding to enter this competition. That may have been a factor.

I think in a controlled bout situation, death rates between trained individuals of both sexes are probably very similar. I would be interested to see the number of similar deaths in male fighters - Given that there are far fewer female competitors in general, I wonder if for this type of death, the percentages are similar between the genders.

bottom line is, she wanted to box, she knew the potential for injury... Still very sad.
    overall, boxing ranks 8th in fatalities - but she was the first woman to die. The weird thing is, from stuff I've been reading, she got dropped with a jab... no jab is THAT hard. theat would lead me to believe that either

1. she hit the canvas extremely hard, or

2. she had a previous bran injury.

Another thing to consider is age - this woman was 34. She was a martial arts instructor as well, coincidentally. She taught goshin jutsu.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Yue
    EW, in my experience that trait is as more a part of nature as it is of nurture. My grandmother was horrible to my mom, pretty much the opposite of loving. My mom was on her own emotionally from the time she was a tiny girl.

She was (perhaps compensating for her own experience) a fabulous mother to me.

that's probably key here - she wanted to give you what her mother did not give her. It rubbed off on you though, and now you are doing the same.

On the other hand, I know ALOT of women who have no desire to have kids and who are completely mean to them. It makes me wonder whether or not women actually are nurturing by nature...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Danger is everywhere

I just heard a couple of months ago that in Muay Thai there is 35-40 deaths every year. I am not sure if this is pro or amature fighting though.

Then, how many fatal accidents there are on the road each day? We still drive or take the bus/train to work, school, or to the store every day. How many people are killed because of crimes each day?

Or just look at the occupations that rank high on the list of job related fatalities: construction, lumber yards, fishing ... etc. Danger is everywhere, we can only do so much. I personally witnessed the death of two construction workers when a large container at a site began it's way down from the 10th floor. Smashing through each floor, it took two electicians with it that were standing on the 8th floor. It was pretty messy by the time the container arrived at the ground level.

-X-

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    that's probably key here - she wanted to give you what her mother did not give her. It rubbed off on you though, and now you are doing the same.

On the other hand, I know ALOT of women who have no desire to have kids and who are completely mean to them. It makes me wonder whether or not women actually are nurturing by nature...

That can't be right. According to Willow Sword Women are naturally nurturing baby makers...who are weak.

I notice he's been oddly silent today, must be he can't speak around that gigantic foot of his he stuck in his mouth.

true story,

A friend of mine who I have known for many years and trained kung fu with for a while had this friend. He was dating this girl, who just happened to be a black belt in some sort of karate. They went out to the bar and this guy started flirting with her, and he was crossing the line. Bumping into her and coping feels and stuff. So, the guy she was with tried to do the gentlemen thing and make him stop. It stopped but when they left they were harassed in the parking lot. She reverse puched the guy in the chest caving in some ribs and it punctured one of his lungs. He went to the hospital and she got charged with assault.

I don't know the outcome of the trial, but she was like 5'6" and 135lbs or so and took out a full grown man with one hit.

Also, wing chun was created by a woman.
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

Quote Originally Posted by Gangsterfist

So say some stories which are highy speculative. We have all heard the Ng Moy story but there is not much way of backing that up with factual evidence.

Humans in general were made to take a beating. Women are **** tough. If you look at it from a mamal point of view, the woman is the one who carries the child. They have that natural killer instinct. But its usually set in reserve for when they are with child and for when they have children.

Us men just realized our physical superiority, which is in place due to the need our species has of us. We are hunter/gatherer, we are required to be able to tap into our killer instinct at any point in time. As we evolved we used this ability (testostorone) to declair ourselves the stronger of the two sexes.

Look at a woman who has never had a child that practices martial arts. Then find a mother that practices martial arts. Moms are hardcore creatures. They have to be removed from the average polls of regular women.

I have seen some pretty tough chicks, and I have seen some pretty girly men. On average men are the physically stronger sex, but there is no rule dictating that this is of a 100% ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    So say some stories which are highy speculative. We have all heard the Ng Moy story but there is not much way of backing that up with factual evidence.

Well, wing chun history is pretty much all ****ed up anyways. There is no hard evidance of anything being true. For the most part Ng Mui is in most of the major lineages stories, and is what yip man passed down as the history. I study along the YM lineage and thats what I was told.

Other lineages say she never existed but they can't prove it. If you ever study wing chun it makes sense, its designed around always fighting a bigger stronger opponet. Also, the wing chun dummy form is all about fighting an opponet who is bigger and stronger than you. You cannot directly attack the dummy, it hurts, you cannot forceably move the dummy, you must learn to move around it.

I don't care if Ng Mui and Yim Wing Chun really existed or not, it doesn't effect my training nor do I want to make some marketing scheme out of it. I train wing chun as a combative art, and I keep an open mind to improve it and refine it as I train it.

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

there are several stories. I heard that it was created by a man, but he created it for his daughter, as she had to fight a man. he taught her techniques that required little strength and named the style after his daughter.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

I created wing chun and anyone who has a problem with that can just go here.

http://hitman.us/main.html

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    there are several stories. I heard that it was created by a man, but he created it for his daughter, as she had to fight a man. he taught her techniques that required little strength and named the style after his daughter.

There is also a theory that Ng Mui was a man disguised as a woman to keep his identity secret. Afterall, the qing were trying to kill all the surviving monks on site.

He then taught it to his first pupil Yim Wing Chun so she could protect herself againsta gangster who was trying to force her into marriage, and later named the style after her.

So, yeah its all just a bunch of stories, I just go along with the classic that it was developed by a woman.

-Yip Man

There is also a theory that Ng Mui was a man disguised as a woman to keep his identity secret. Afterall, the qing were trying to kill all the surviving monks on site.
    Great, so the first drag queen was a wing chunner.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen