Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Woman killed in boxing match

I dated this girl a few years back who had really strong legs. I mean she would squeeze me so hard sometimes I would almost pass out for loss of breathe. I would play fight with her sometimes (just comes with being a MArtists I guess) and if she didn't want to play fight back, I would get a mean attack and she would hurt me instantly to let me know to back the **** off.

Man, I miss dating that girl, too bad she had to go off to law school

Anyways, I know a few women who could easily probably deal with over half the guys that post on this forum. However, they may be at a physical disadvantage like mentioned before.
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

WOMEN AREN'T FIGHTERS lol!!! Have you ever dated?

Theresa would knock ur block off just for saying that if you two were in the same room together. Of course I've seen her break into buildings too......

RD there is a difference between a women getting pi$$Y with you and lashing out,,and one who gets herself in to a situation where she is going to get brutally beaten,,whether it be a sanctioned boxing match or an abusive relationship.

the fact that your woman has an attitude and has to show it by "knocking my block off" for telling what most here would regard as a reality,,well then i would have to gather that your woman is aggressive and angry due to other "issues" rather than having a warriors mentality.

and yes i have seen two women fight before,,in the street and in matches,,and in my opinion nothing could look more unatural than the sight of that,,and it pains me to see it.

Peace,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Sad news, fortunatly it's not a common thing.

I have to throw in that I think that generally speaking - Willow is somewhat correct. But you can't say that ALL females can't be fighters. Say RD weights 70 kg's, he steps up to the female Judo champion with +100 kg's, who would u put you're money on?
    Or the thai girl who's trained Muay Thai since the age of 5? You know that westerners go to Thailand and gets their asses handed to them by teenagers right?
    Another example, there have been atleast one MMA fight between a man and a woman. If I remember right she lost by decision, but that fight was even.

there's always an exception to the rule.
    and I still havn't seen Million Dollar Baby
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Tragic and unfortunate, RIP....

some good posts guys, and some other drivel as usual.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Greetings,

Did anyone see this fight?

I was wondering if she died from the impact of the fall. When Michael Spinks fought Mike Tyson several years ago, Mike caught Spinks with a balance disrupting shot that made Spinks fall back. The impact of Spinks' head on the canvas was so hard (I suspect insufficient padding), his head was bobbling as he got up. And people, then, thought it was Tyson's punch that did the damage.

mickey

To quote the modern bard, Bob Dylan...

Who killed Davey Moore,
    Why an' what's the reason for?

"Not I," says the referee,
    "Don't point your finger at me.
    I could've stopped it in the eighth
    An' maybe kept him from his fate,
    But the crowd would've booed, I'm sure,
    At not gettin' their money's worth.
    It's too bad he had to go,
    But there was a pressure on me too, you know.
    It wasn't me that made him fall.
    No, you can't blame me at all."

Who killed Davey Moore,

"Not us," says the angry crowd,
    Whose screams filled the arena loud.
    "It's too bad he died that night
    But we just like to see a fight.
    We didn't mean for him t' meet his death,
    We just meant to see some sweat,
    There ain't nothing wrong in that.
    It wasn't us that made him fall.
    No, you can't blame us at all."

Who killed Davey Moore,

"Not me," says his manager,
    Puffing on a big cigar.
    "It's hard to say, it's hard to tell,
    I always thought that he was well.
    It's too bad for his wife an' kids he's dead,
    But if he was sick, he should've said.

Who killed Davey Moore,

"Not me," says the gambling man,
    With his ticket stub still in his hand.
    "It wasn't me that knocked him down,
    My hands never touched him none.
    I didn't commit no ugly sin,
    Anyway, I put money on him to win.

Who killed Davey Moore,

"Not me," says the boxing writer,
    Pounding print on his old typewriter,
    Sayin', "Boxing ain't to blame,
    There's just as much danger in a football game."
    Sayin', "Fist fighting is here to stay,
    It's just the old American way.

Who killed Davey Moore,

"Not me," says the man whose fists
    Laid him low in a cloud of mist,
    Who came here from Cuba's door
    Where boxing ain't allowed no more.
    "I hit him, yes, it's true,
    But that's what I am paid to do.
    Don't say 'murder,' don't say 'kill.'
    It was destiny, it was God's will."

Who killed Davey Moore,
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Is kicking your own ass, or killing your own ass, the kind of training one needs to preserve his/her life? Sounds like Nominal Budo to me.
    The morrow beckons...

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword
    Women were not designed for fighting like that,,,or for combat. Women have a more delicate structure physically
    No, actually, they don't. Women are actually somewhat sturdier than men.

and are suseptable to more injuries and life threateneing ones associated with fighting matches and the like.
    Again, no they aren't. You are talking out of your ass as usual.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

As long as she died what she wanted to do, people should learn from her mishap and train harder to reduce such risks.
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

No fatherdog i am not talking out of my a$$,,,,,,,why dont you take your comments and shove them up yours crossways.

TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I agree with TWS. Women should not fight, play any sports or be doctors. Hell, they shouldn't even be leaving the house. They should stay at home where it is safe, popping out babies and making sure dinner is ready when I get home.
    Last edited by truewrestler; 04-06-2005 at 06:24 AM.

This women's death, is of course a tragedy...what scares me is that she was already a trained champion, in Golden Gloves no less, not just somebody off of the street that didn't know what they were doing...

but, if she had never boxed, maybe she would have gone on to live another 40-60 years, merely a fraction of an instant in the earth's long history...not even a speck on its timeline...should she have never boxed, and simply died anyway, albeit a little bit later?

I am sure that her family wishes that she had done indeed that...to one person, 40-60 years is the better part of a lifetime...imagine if great philanthropists such as Mother Theresa or "Patch" Adams had been killed in boxing matches when they were in their mid-30s...

If boxing is something that people compete in for fun, well, do you want to risk your life for something that is simply a little bit of fun? Ah ha, but don't we risk our lives every time we get into our car? At what point do we say, the odds of death are too great? Do we refuse to leave our houses? And simply die anyway years later? Do we make sure that we live life to the fullest, disregarding our personal safety? If I think it is very fun and exciting to play Russion Roulette, should I do so? Or do we attempt to balance the two, adventure with caution, fun with prudence...I don't know...
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

I think as fine as women are competing against women then there is no problem with them in any sport. A 100 times more men have died in boxing in the last 100 years than women--thousands of times more over the history of man. Maybe men are the ones that should not be fighting.
    Last edited by truewrestler; 04-06-2005 at 06:34 AM.

Women were not designed for fighting like that,,,or for combat. Women have a more delicate structure physically and are suseptable to more injuries and life threateneing ones associated with fighting matches and the like.
    Wow, a sexist hippy, who'd a thunk it?!

Fatherdog is right of course TWS, you are talking out of your ass again. Anyone want to bother finding reports on how many men have died in boxing matches? I'm feeling too lazy at the moment to correct this stooge. When you finally figure those numbers out TWS, then go back to that article and, if memory serves, it says this woman could possibly be the first women fatality in the sport of boxing.

Plenty of women could tool most of us in boxing or a street fight...toughness knows no gender, nor does injury in sports...
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland