Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Woman killed in boxing match

Sorry PangQuan but I have copyrighted and patented the only True VWingTschun (tm) system. It is the only real wingchun system as it was passed on to me by Ng Mui directly through spiritual enlightenment, while I was cultivating my Qi.

Willow Sword got cranky cause he got called out. I got a PM from him, something about knocking this bull**** off. I guess sexist hippies aren't as solid in their beliefs that women are weak to stick it out in public.

I see that TWS remains as impervious to anything smacking of common sense or logic as ever.

Good to know that there are unchanging constants in the universe. It gives one a sense of security and order.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by ewallace
    Great, so the first drag queen was a wing chunner.
    Well, if you don't count the greeks and roamans.
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

Hey red5angel,

Did you study any other styles besides WT? Who did you learn from, where is your school located at?

-X-

Quote Originally Posted by X-Warrior
    Hey red5angel,

Did you study any other styles besides WT? Who did you learn from, where is your school located at?

-X-
    LOL.......

Women were not designed for fighting like that,,,or for combat. Women have a more delicate structure physically and are suseptable to more injuries and life threateneing ones associated with fighting matches and the like.
    This is not as to say that women should not take martial arts to defend themselves should they be sexually assaulted or attacked. But to try and put yourself in a position where you are going to get repeated knocks to the head and body,,i mean come on.
    i dont see women as a weaker sex,,and i know the feminists will come out of the woodworks to counter me on this. But it is simple,,,,Women are not designed physically or mentally to be fighters,,,they can be fighters if they want,,but then they set themselves up as this poor woman did when she decided to enter the ring and get her block knocked off and die as a result.

women are not subserviant to the will and needs of the man but they ARE care givers and providers of our children and need not be put in the violent situations that we males put ourselves in.
    thats my opinion on the subject.

Peace,,TWS

looks like yet again i have to explain myself here because i guess i have too much faith in the common sense and the ability of some readers here to look at things objectively and not get all bent out of shape over them.

let me explain MY meaning for this first post i posted here and that will be the end of it. i will break it down for you ,,uhh pay attention all you feminazis and men with your b@lls and short hairs caught in a sling by your girlfriends/wives/lifepartners etc.

Women were not designed for fighting like that,,,or for combat THAT,,meaning the boxing match that this woman got in to and got killed in, i dont believe that women should put themselves in those kinds of brutalization competitions,,NOT because i think that they are WEAK,,but because i dont feel that it was meant for a women to put her body through that type of brutalization,,why do it? to prove that you can do what a man can do? whats the point. im not backing down from this opinion.

Women have a more delicate structure physically and are suseptable to more injuries and life threateneing ones associated with fighting matches and the like. Delicate structures does NOT mean WEAKER,,,i dont feel that having a delicate body structure is a weakness,,weakness meaning useless and not having the ability to fully function. It is fact that a womans bone structure and muscle fibres are delicate and that any type of strain put upon them,,say like in a fighting match,there are going to be more injuries to a womans body associated with those types of activities.

This is not as to say that women should not take martial arts to defend themselves should they be sexually assaulted or attacked Here again i am stating that in my perspective and as i have posted later on from the first page in this thread that i believe that a woman betters herself NOT by getting into these fighting matches but rather taking martial arts for practical self defense. A woman is more likely to be sexually assaulted and battered in that manner and should be taking the necessary courses to counter THOSE types of attacks,,,because that is how most women are attacked in this country,,the stats are there,,it is a FACT,,i am not going to explain it as this should be commonplace for all you martial artists and women martial artists as well.

But to try and put yourself in a position where you are going to get repeated knocks to the head and body,,i mean come on. And this goes for us MEN as well who decide that boxing and these types of reality fighting matches make one have better charatcer and builds discipline and the rest if the macho BS associated with these types of events,,this is a personal opinion of mine and i know not all will agree with me. i respect these fighters but i do not feel that what they are doing is productive in thier lives even if they are making a decent financial living at it,,take mohammed ali for example,,his head and brain injuries are quite evident now,,yes he was agreat boxer and had a great personality,,but he paid the price for it.

i dont see women as a weaker sex,,and i know the feminists will come out of the woodworks to counter me on this. i need not say anything more than that and if you people want to misinterpret what i am writing here then go on ahead and misinterpret.

But it is simple,,,,Women are not designed physically or mentally to be fighters,,,they can be fighters if they want,,but then they set themselves up as this poor woman did when she decided to enter the ring and get her block knocked off and die as a result. ok here is where people are getting thier panites in a bind. for me this goes back to an old traditional ideal that women are the caregivers and nurturers of our society,,they bear our children,,they feed our children they are compassionate loving and governed by thier emotional body and i dont see this as a weaker trait nor do i see it as something that is subserviant to the needs of the man,,,i may have some old fashioned values but i am NO Chauvanist or hater of women. Anyone who knows me personally will know this about me.
    i just feel that it is an unatural thing to see two women going at it in that manner brutalizing themselves and each other in the manner that us men feel we need to do with ourselves,,,some of you guys get off on that sort of thing and well,,,thats your thing,,it is not mine,,some of you women get off on that sort of thing,,,i say whats the **** point?

so there once again is my explanations and break down of my opinions based on the thread here. people need to relax and actually take the time to read peoples opinions instead of making all these snap judgments about them. you people are way smarter than that.

Peace,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Anyone who knows me personally will know this about me.
    This sounds suspiciously like the KKK guy who says:

I'm not a racist, I have tons of black friends...

as long as they know their place....

Here's a hint for you pal, it's not about what YOU want, or what I want. It's about what THEY want. What YOU think of it is immaterial.
    Last edited by Merryprankster; 04-08-2005 at 08:08 PM.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword
    Women have a more delicate structure physically and are suseptable to more injuries and life threateneing ones associated with fighting matches and the like.

I am glad of one thing: that you stated these thoughts as your opinion. That much is certainly true. I hope you recognize that your statement above is an enormous generalization. I would like to see some proof that women are more suseptible to life threatening injuries.

In my years of MA as a woman, competing with other women, training with other women, I can speak from direct experience. Speaking strictly from a competitive standpoint, we get hurt LESS than men we train with.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

Ming yue

we get hurt LESS than men we train with .

Ming? have you ever been in Full contact matches? that is to say,have you ever been in any of the "reality" fights or been in a full on and full force fight?
    This is a personal question i ask now but have you ever been assaulted? what injuries did you sustain? how long was your recovery time and such?

Have you or ANY of you here read the statistics regarding women and osteoporosis ,,rheumatoid arthritis,,bursitis,,and the ailments associated with the musculo skeletal system?

Merry prankster has always been an antagonist to me from the get go,,so anything that he has to say to me is not coming from anything other than his BS with me,,,so i will not acknowledge anything he has to say as anything of value or respond in the manner in which he responds to me.

Peace,,,TWS
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 04-09-2005 at 08:28 AM. Reason: added comment
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster
    This sounds suspiciously like the KKK guy who says:

I'm not a racist, I have tons of black friends...

as long as they know their place....

Here's a hint for you pal, it's not about what YOU want, or what I want. It's about what THEY want. What YOU think of it is immaterial.

That's right, Willows sword is fukking sexist pig. On top of thta he's an internet tough guy. Hey willow sword, you can assume your ridiculous PM's are being deleted from this point on, you got something to say to me you man up and say it here alright fukko? Now stop spreading you sexit ****e and shut up big man.

I have been involved in a bunch of street level bloody nose scuffles, three full on encounters, one with a man significantly larger than me. Suffice to say I got away. That is my desired level of self defense: escape. But that's not the point.

The case in question was a controlled boxing match with an opponent of similar size. I personally don't think ANYONE should get involved in a full out street brawl beyond engaging long enough to guarantee survival and/or escape. People who enter full contact matches know what the consequences will be, male or female.

Osteoporosis is rare in women under 55. I have never seen, nor heard, any evidence that women get bursitis more than men. Bursitis is, I believe, a degenerative joint problem and is not often if ever caused by injury. Women are three times more likely to get Rheumatoid Arthritis, but again, it's not caused by injury and is rare in younger women.
    Last edited by Ming Yue; 04-09-2005 at 05:39 PM.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

Merry prankster has always been an antagonist to me from the get go,
    No, I was an antagonist to you after patiently explaining what a competitors mindset takes. Sorry if I objected to being called a violent, egotistical ***** who was nothing more than a bully, because I choose to challenge myself. Since you've never competed on the scale that I choose to, you're speaking of it completely out of ignorance.

And unfortunately, I don't suffer fools gladly. You sure do remain the Willow Sword. Sharpness isn't one of your properties at all.
    Last edited by Merryprankster; 04-09-2005 at 05:40 PM.

MP and red 5

whatever guys....a mile wide and an inch deep is what both of you are.

at any rate,,thanks for the other more decent replies(ming yue,,wdl,, kristoffer,,GT,,akhilleus......)

peace,,,,TWS

Quote Originally Posted by ewallace
    I wonder, and would like a woman's opinion that this applies to...if a woman is neglected as a child...in the sense that her mother was not of the nurturing type, or is abandoned, if this changes the "natural physche". The reason for this thought is my soon-to-be former mother-in-laws' mother was not the nurturing type, and in turn neither is my mother-in-law, nor is my soon-to-be former wife.
    My oldest sister (half sister by father) was very messed up by her mother. I won't go too much into the details out of deepest respect and love for her. She's the mother of 4 very lively kids (only two of them are hers by blood, but never suggest the other two are not her's unless there is several thousand miles between you. )Her step dauter was was raped by the egg donner's (birth mother ) boyfriend. The man was found severly beaten after the cops refused to press charges claiming not enough eveidence... Cops didn't believe him that my not-so-big big sister did it, either. I think I aught to add that she was/still is battling Lupis and isn't in the best physical condition.

If I have any questions about what to do when my boys are acting up, I usually call her. She has a natural sence of how best to discipline kids without breaking thier spirit. How do you deal with a kid who gets into trouble at school on thier birthday? She had the best answer in the world. Have a family dinner and cake, but no present or party untill the child earns the right to have them, even if it takes a few weeks. They will know you still love them, but will not tolerate this kind of behavior at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword
    It is simple,,,,Women are not designed physically or mentally to be fighters
    Coming from a guy who uses a comma in place of a period, that carries a whole lotta weight.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.