Thread: Anybody been here?

Anybody been here?

I'll be in Dayton, OH tomorrow night (business travel) and saw that the Ving Tsun Museum is located there. (VT is the way they spell it) If you're not familiar, here is the website:

museum link

Have any of you been there? Is it worth checking out? Anything I should know about it?

If I don't here anything, I'll post my feelings on the place after I check it out. I'd like to hear input I go, so let me know if you've been there.

Thanks
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Either Peace or War

I have been there many times. Though there are a coupel of naysayers about the VTM, nothing speaks louder than first hand experience.

I would recommend calling them and making arrangements so that Master Benny Meng (curator), Sifu Jeremy Roadruck, or anyone else there may set aside personal time just for you.

I am very glad you are taking this opportunity to see it for yourself, and I am looking forward to reading of your experience afterwards.

Take care,
    -Savi.
    Last edited by Savi; 04-06-2005 at 06:07 PM. Reason: accuracy
    World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association

"Obey the natural laws and principles of the universe." ~ Grandmaster Garrett Gee

"Education which stops with efficiency may prove the greatest menace to society... We must remember intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson
    I'll be in Dayton, OH tomorrow night (business travel) and saw that the Ving Tsun Museum is located there. (VT is the way they spell it) If you're not familiar, here is the website:

museum link

Have any of you been there? Is it worth checking out? Anything I should know about it?

If I don't here anything, I'll post my feelings on the place after I check it out. I'd like to hear input I go, so let me know if you've been there.

Thanks
    I was there several years back. Yes! It is worth seeing! They have some cool stuff on display.

Keith

The VTM is a very courteous, friendly, and passionate martial arts environment. There is much knowledge available to all, much skill available to those who train hard, and many training opportunities to help improve both. I've visited once, and would like to visit again.

Oh yeah, there's a Museum too, with some neat historical artifacts and info.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero