Thread: Congratulations Charles Jones

Congratulations Charles Jones

Hi.

I hope you don't mind and if I am breaking any forum protocols I apologies but this is an important notice and is a recognition of someone that has worked extremely hard.

I would like to acknowledge one of my students, he being the first of my students to reach a standard of instructorship that deserves, IMHO, the title of Sifu.

Charles underwent an arduous testing procedure, this recognition the culmination of many years of hard training. He is an outstanding exponent of Ving Tsun, and importantly, because he may choose to teach, is an honest and honourable man.

Charles was examined and found to be competent in:
    1. Forms theory, performance and application.
    2. Chi Sau theory, performance and application.
    3. Footwork theory, performance and application.
    4. Mook Jong theory, performance and application.
    5. Weapon theory, performance and application.
    6. Combat theory and application.
    7. Physiology and Anatomy.
    8. Exercise and conditioning theory and prescription.
    9. Teaching theories and methodologies.

Charles is his own man and has his own expression of Ving Tsun. His has a logical mind and does not and never has romanticised the martial art. He has ample real fighting experience to call upon when discussing the application of Ving Tsun. He constantly tests, challenges and refines that which he experiences always seeking relevance and realism. Charles has become a martial artist who I respect and have learnt much from.

Well done Charles.

Regards and best wishes Andrew W.

Thats nice. Got any clips? lolo

Thumbs up

Many congrats to Charles.

If he's arrived at that level under Andrew's tutelage, he'll definitely know his stuff......

regards,
    Rich

Hey Rich.

Charlie is in England now, i'll e-mail him, he is looking for some quality training, you are his man me thinks.

How's your training going?

Are you focusing on anything at this time?

Regards Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by mortal
    Thats nice. Got any clips? lolo
    ***clips of what?

Just joking. That is what all the keyboard warriors on the forum want to see before they can respect you as an authority on anything. I was just trying to make light of the whole thing.

Update

Hey Andrew,
    What I'm doing just now is trying to get back to where I was about 18 months ago when I herniated a disc in my lumbar region..... due to poor technique deadlifting. Lesson learned.
    It was particularly galling, since I was also doing a fair bit of submission wrestling at the time.
    (If there's a sub- white belt level, then that's where I've reverted to.)
    Injury combined with a change of career has meant I was essentially sedentary for about 8 months.

It's been an interesting period, trying to regain some measure of competence in my wing chun, whilst endeavouring to lose about 50 lbs......

I can still hit hard, but if the job ain't done in 20 seconds, I'm toast

Luckily I still have my sense of irony and dashing good looks. Started looking into kinesiology and some of Tudor Bompa's stuff. Found a big change in the gym (- less wasted time doing useless crap)

How about you and yours? You still with the same guys doing crazy stuff? Any flirtation with groundwork?
    I decided that it was best to learn from some good ground guys in order to learn to better counteract what they do. I'm still sceptical about the utility of going to the ground voluntarily, but am better prepared for when it all goes t!ts up......

(Plus BJJ is the best workout I've found yet for making me get to the point of puking, perhaps with the exception of working the Thai pads with a steroid user...... LOL)

Hope you're well mate. I need to get a lot of work done before I'd risk exposing my inadequacies and poor conditioning before a student of yours. Seriously.

Work in progress.
    Talk soon mate,
    Rich