Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martial Arts Museum

Nbc la

Click for video.
    Martial Arts History Museum Opens
    James Hourani

Martial arts have always been a rich part of Asian culture. The Martial Arts History Museum in Burbank traces that culture from the Far East to America. In addition to hosting schools and visitors, the museum also holds unique seminars for the community every other week. Seminars range from samurai swords to sushi to language and more. The museum is located at 2319 W. Magnolia Blvd.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

sushi or sa shi mi

with wa sa bi

is always my favorite culture heritage

that goes well with sa ke

or warm rice wine

and a tune of kyoto

--

there are many other good stuff other than fighting

that is.

New expanded location

New Museum Row in Glendale CA
    NewMediaWire
    Sun, Apr 14, 2024, 12:13 PM PDT 3 min read

New Martial Arts History Museum in Glendale, CA

(NewMediaWire) - April 14, 2024 - Glendale, CA The city of Glendale, CA is considered the mecca for tourism and shopping for the Southern California region. Surrounded by the awesome Americana village and the famous Glendale Galleria, the city is visited every day by thousands of tourists and shopping enthusiasts. This week, however, the city added another great feature to bring in the crowds, the creation of a new Museum Row.

For the past several decades, the Wilshire district of Los Angeles has had the bragging rights for having a row of museums. From the Peterson Automotive Museum, the La Brea Tarpits, the County Museum of Art, and more. It has been the only, single street that has filled with museums within walking distance of each other. That is, until now.

Neon Museum

The city of Glendale boasts its own "Museum Row" with the Museum of Neon Art, the coming Armenian American Museum, and now, the opening of the Martial Arts History Museum, all within walking distance of each other.

The Martial Arts History Museum has uprooted itself from being one of the Top Five tourist attractions in Burbank, to its new, and much larger location, in the city of Glendale. Now celebrating its 25th year, the museum opened its doors to the public last week.

The museum is now four times the size of its former Burbank location. From a larger, 122-seat theater to the addition of a Bruce Lee Wall, a Hall of Fame Wall an African section, a Samurai section, and even a Ninja section for all to enjoy.

Glendale Armenian Museum

On their list of new areas are an Armenian display, a Native American display, a Scottish arts display, and a Warrior Women display.

The museum is designed as an educational facility for all to enjoy. From Asian art, history, culture, and tradition to European fighting and more. It is a place that features the connection between each country and the important role martial arts played.

It is a new field trip destination for the Unified School District and home schools as well. The museum is looking for retired teachers to consider being a part-time docent.

Michael Matsuda, president and founder of the Martial Arts History Museum expresses that the museum is the only one of its kind in the world. "We are it, the only martial arts history museum in the world, period. There is no like us. This is a place for the whole family to enjoy. We don't just talk about fighting, we talk about the beauty of each country, the language, the tradition, the culture and how it connects with the martial arts. From dancing to artwork to music. Each plays a role in each country's history. I strongly encourage the school districts to put the Martial Arts History Museum as one of their new places to visit. I remember going to the Natural History Museum so many times when I was a kid. Now, we have a new option. The museum is now big enough to accommodate large school visits. It's affordable and its surrounded by the greatest eateries you can find."

The museum is located at 201 N. Brand Blvd., B100, Glendale, CA 91203. Days open are Wed. through Sunday, 11 am to 6 pm. The cost is $12 for adults, $10 for 65+ seniors, and kids only $5. The museum is a non-profit 501c3 organization. Website is MAmuseum.com or call (818) 245-6051.
    I still have yet to visit. I drove past it when I was ini town for the Shaolin Kung Fu Games last year, but didn't have the time. Someday...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I still have yet to visit. I drove past it when I was ini town for the Shaolin Kung Fu Games last year, but didn't have the time. Someday...
    Probably because it looked like it was in the guy's house! When you'd walk in the front door he would ask you all the places you learned martial arts. I would just say some hermit in the mountains rather than all the people he knew in town. I think you would really like his museum Gene because its mostly about martial arts in the media. Its not really a museum for boring academic types, haha